Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WBB: NCAA Tourney

Apparently it was the resume of a #1 seed. Duke is #2 in the South with Tennessee as #1.

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    Apparently it was the resume of a #1 seed. Duke is #2 in the South with Tennessee as #1.
    Same half as UConn, but not same region, can't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by SCMatt33 View Post
    Same half as UConn, but not same region, can't complain.
    as far as I can tell it is the other half from uconn
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    as far as I can tell it is the other half from uconn
    No, alas, we appear to be on the same side. But I'd love another shot at 'em!

-jk

Durham, within a couple of miles of Cameron
    Don't you just love the WRAL headline? Not until the second or third paragraph do they mention that Duke is a #2 seed: they spend the lead-n on State's 9 seed status, and UNC's 10th seed. Hmmm.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/college...story/7238325/

A potential match up with Coach G at Texas if they can beat #3 WVU. Random coincidence I'm sure.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by JStuart View Post
    Don't you just love the WRAL headline? Not until the second or third paragraph do they mention that Duke is a #2 seed: they spend the lead-n on State's 9 seed status, and UNC's 10th seed. Hmmm.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/college...story/7238325/
    In WRAL's defense, State, then Sylvia's Evil Polyester football players, and Duke was the order they were announced on the air, so that's how they wrote the story. Probably posted immediately after State's pairing was announced, then updated it a few times. If the story on the air tonight is in that order, then I'd chalk that up to some bias.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    The #2 was a given. I love our bracket, but I'm very happy we are in the lower section of it. Facing G is for sure a potentially fun matchup, as well as once again bumping off Pat in the Elite 8. If they weren't playing in Texas, I don't think the Longhorns would make it to our matchup, but more than likely it will happen. At least G can't unschedule the game this time. I think we have a great chance to face UCONN again, it will at least be fun to watch us try to earn the chance. GO DUKE!!!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Duke is actually 4th in the RPI, with Nebraska 5th. I was hoping that the two would be 1/2 in the same region, didn't matter which order.

Alas, didn't happen.

For the record, LSU has one of the best players in the country, Allison Hightower, an athletic wing.

Just for fun...

HI,

Let's have the ladies take out UCONN and Tennessee and Stanford on the way to a Women's National Championship?

Ah heck, dagumit, let's take out Villanova and Kentucky and Kansas in the Men's basketball tournament. Why let the ladies have all the fun?

GO DUKE!!

Playing #1 seed Tennessee in Memphis in the regional final? Piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    ...then Sylvia's Evil Polyester football players...
    lol...very good, and very descriptive.

Quote Originally Posted by YourLandlord View Post
    A potential match up with Coach G at Texas if they can beat #3 WVU. Random coincidence I'm sure.
    Come on, guys, 15A.

Anyway, I like this bracket for the women until the Elite 8. First 2 rounds should be fun in Cameron, we'd better get a BIG crowd out for that potential LSU game. Granted, they're not the team they were a couple of years ago, but they're still very skilled and as Jim pointed out still have a very good player on their team to give KJ and Karima a good workout.

Quote Originally Posted by YourLandlord View Post
    They're all about the sub-plots...if you look in UCONN's bracket, UCONN's 2nd potential game is against Temple....and we all know the Temple coach was under Geno's wing for many years. Coincidence? I think not!

In the past didn't Rizzotti's team at Hartford have to play GENO a time or 2 in the Big Dance?

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Sylvia's Evil Polyester football players.
    Actually, that stereotype no longer holds. The days of Tarheel Thugball pretty much ended when Leah Metcalf and Rashanda McCants left. Nowadays, it's actually Duke that muscles up and turns the lane into a mosh pit. The physicality of our defense is a key to our success.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Actually, that stereotype no longer holds. The days of Tarheel Thugball pretty much ended when Leah Metcalf and Rashanda McCants left. Nowadays, it's actually Duke that muscles up and turns the lane into a mosh pit. The physicality of our defense is a key to our success.
    It's because of Duke that the reference to the football players exists. Sylvia said that Duke is so physical she should get the football team as a practice squad prior to playing Duke.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

The Return of Joe Alleva to Cameron....
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    You must not have watched this year's game at UNC, then. It was an absolute mugging. Clearly, Sylvia encourages physical play and then, after every game, she complains about the physical play and how it hurt her team.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Lab View Post
    You must not have watched this year's game at UNC, then. It was an absolute mugging.
    Yup, Warren didn't get thrown out of that game for being a nice person.

Ladies take care of business

Duke 71, Hampton 37