Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

The Official Carolina Sucks and won't be in the tournament thread

Sorry tarheels..tonight, February 5th, 2010, you wrote your own epitaph. Ed Davis, ..Roy..you guys say what you want and how you want..but it all translates to your season is toast. Roy..keep coaching...you rock, despite all of your inadequacies. Thank you very much for giving the NIT some relevancy in its last year of existance. Your's truly--CB&B
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Wait until they have 9 ACC losses, then start this.

But yes, they do suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Wait until they have 9 ACC losses, then start this.

But yes, they do suck.
    Right. It's clear that they do suck, and there's no reason to deny it. But it is much less clear that they will continue to suck, and we might as well wait until they get their 10th ACC loss before declaring that they won't get an at-large bid.

Im not saying a thing until we beat them...twice. We did lose to NC State, so anything can happen. For now, I'll be Ole Roy and say they're struggling.

Perhaps the real question is whether or not they will make the:

Please don't anger the Weauf Gods...

Hi,

These people know not what they say. Until the Devils beat UNC I am not going to get excited about their demise.

GO DUKE!

Better to wait before gleefully writing their obituary.

That team is loaded with talent, and has sucked so far because of lousy coaching.

They could get their act together at any time, regardless of whether Ol' Roy does anything useful.

When it comes to games against us, throw the records out the window. Both teams will be playing with maximum intensity, and when UNC actually does play with maximum intensity, they can be a load.

Quote Originally Posted by Kewlswim View Post
    Hi,

These people know not what they say. Until the Devils beat UNC I am not going to tempt fate.

GO DUKE!

The Weaufx Gods are angered by boasting, by bragging. not by facts.

13-9 is a fact. 2-5 in the league is a fact. There's no danger in acknowledging them.

Premature celebrating

Carolina could have easily won the game tonight, even though they fell far behind at the start and were playing in a hostile arena. They got some serious positive bench play, so if ole Roy decides to do a little late-season player shuffling things could get interesting. The return of Zeller might also give them a boost. They still have the potential to win some games, although the likelihood is not great. But stranger things have happened.

And lest we forget, Duke lost to State and failed to even show up for Georgetown. Anyone who thinks a sweep of unc is automatically in the cards for Duke this year may need to reconsider their position.

k

Quote Originally Posted by Kewlswim View Post
    Until the Devils beat UNC I am not going to get excited about their demise.

GO DUKE!
    Twice.

Until the Devils beat UNC twice.

We all may be thinking it, but please, let's hold off on saying it just yet. After the fact? By all means, announce it to the world. In the meantime, simma' down now.

Not to mention, 10 months ago, they won a National Title. Don't get me wrong, UNC can't lose enough for me, but it's hard for me to take that much satisfaction in it knowing how recently they were on top of the world.

That said, I wonder if Harrison Barnes would have thought differently about the direction the two schools were going in had he watched how the seasons went down. I'm speaking not so much about the teams' records, but the turmoil with Williams losing his cool, dissatisfaction among his players, etc.

The number of UNC threads on this board is purely pathetic. Duke just had its best win of the season and you all are still rambling on about how bad UNC is. They've won two championships since we won our last one and they've kicked our asses for the last few years. Until we beat them or accomplish something approaching the significance of their championships, I recommend we keep our mouths shut and focus on Duke.

At this point, it is not a given that they will finish .500 on the season and qualify for the NIT.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    Im not saying a thing until we beat them...twice.
    I feel like this is a good way to approach it in general, but embracing a little schadenfreude does a body good.

h/t to "thebluedevil" at TDD

I am absolutely HAPPY to read this post. And bookmark it. And re-read it hundreds of times. Loveeee it love it! Go Duke!

Is it to late for Harrison Barnes to change his mind. How can one choose to play in the Dean Dome with that apathetic crowd compared to Cameron!!! Never cheered more for the Hokies last night. Go Terps!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vincetaylor View Post
    Until we beat them or accomplish something approaching the significance of their championships, I recommend we keep our mouths shut and focus on Duke.

thank you...i resemble that remark...

please...people...PLEASE...this will be so ugly if duke goes over there and loses....or worse, loses at cameron...

please, please....can't we just lie in wait and keep quiet until we have the W?

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    this will be so ugly if duke goes over there and loses
    If North Carolina wins next Wednesday, they'll still be 14-10 and well short of even being on the wrong side of the bubble.

They haven't been a good team this year. Why are people afraid of admitting this?

it's not a question of what THEIR record is...it's whether or not we lose another game to those reprobates...

stay focused...

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    They haven't been a good team this year. Why are people afraid of admitting this?
    Because I saw them beat us six out of the last eight times, including four times in a row in our house. Don't worry, I completely relish every single loss of theirs, but you never know what can happen in a rivalry game. Also, if they managed to beat us even once this year, it wouldn't validate their season but at the very least their fans could say 'well, at least we beat duke.' I don't want to give them that.

There was a time when I had complete confidence in Duke, and right now I don't. I still think we'll beat unc, but like many others, I'm not going to be happy until we do.