Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell-R View Post
    GO DUKE!

The front page says 8/11 championships but isn't it 9/12 now?
    Yes...9 for 12. Hopefully someone here can fix that.

Wow...ACC Champs for 9th time in 12 years!!! WHOOHOOO!!! We take the lead from UNC in titles and most games won, too!!!

This game was really ugly offensively. It was slow and plodding and sucking the life out of me, but we managed to win.

Nolan and Andre were HUGE for us with their offensive production.

Kyle was HUGE on being able to get to the line and nail down fts because that's how we got most of our points in the 2nd half.

Zoub and the Plumlees had some major rebounds and screens for us!

Jon, Jon, Jon...I don't know what's ailing him, but just gotta thank God that he's clutch when he needs to be! That's leadership!

GO DUKE BLUE DEVILS!!!

I just love EVERYBODY!!!!!!
    Love, Ima

Gutty win by everyone! Way to go guys! Gotta say that the future looks bright, as the Plumlee's and Andre all found ways to make positive contributions. Couldn't be happier with everyone on the team.

GTech was playing some inspired ball. Scheyer looked winded. But somehow the guys found a way to win. Great performance!!!!

That was an excruciating game to watch. It seemed to last forever and had no flow. That being said - great win!

Ecstatic for Andre. Glad for Scheyer to hit that three at the end. They really looked tired but found a way to hold on. At least in the NCAA's they get a day of rest in between and only 2 games per weekend.

ACC CHAMPS!

Lets not forget who is in the ACC Tournament Championships lead.heals 17 DUKE 18!18 is greater than 17.Another steak in the heart to that other school.

Stick Jon Scheyer in a whirlpool, give him a Gatorade IV and don't let him out until next Thursday.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Facultiwyfe View Post
    I just love EVERYBODY!!!!!!
    Love, Ima
    We love you 2 IMA!

It's a Duke Love Fest!!

Way to go team as all 8 guys helped out and congrats to Jon for knocking down the biggest 3 of the year so far to break Tech's back (And I think Zoubs broke Peacock's jaw. Hope he is ok). That was a Championship Shot by a WINNER!!

Go Duke!!!!!!

I'm seriously starting to think that Jon is not a morning person

3 awful first halves, but some decent performances later in the games, capped off by the game winner.

Tourney Thoughts

Duke never looked great all weekend- although had great stretches but having to win three close games in three days did a lot for this team going into the NCAA tourney. After the next game- the rest are likely to be close in the last 3 minutes and you have to learn to win close games and for great players to step up. The big 3 all had their moments and all hit big shots. Seeing Dawkins get some confidence in a critical part of the game was great. He can be explosive and even if he can give a few minutes here and there- that really helps Duke. The big guys played very hard, boarded very well and on occasion gave some offense. Duke is not a great team- but they play very hard and if they can continue to hit their throws down the stretch of games- they should be right there in every game- shooting well or not. Great championship game- great shot by Scheyer channeling his inner Redick on the curl and kudos to all three opponents who played hard and challenged Duke throughout. Time to get some well deserved rest before heading out West.

Go duke

Hats off to Georgia Tech. They came to play today. If they played like that all season they could have easily been the two seed. This was a tough game against an athletic team where the refs were doing us no favors (no pun intended).

...and we still won!!!!

Couldn't be prouder.

Dawkins and the Plumlees are starting to look alive. A great sign for the NCAAs!

I thought that the full court defense by GT was brilliant. Great plan by Hewitt.
    ~rthomas

Kyle didn't jump over Vitale he collided with Dan Shulman.Scheyer had a bad shooting day,but hit the shot that sealed the deal.

Scheyer played a lot more off the ball today than usual. That, combined with his poor shooting (overall - not at the end of course!) make me really think he had a cold this week.

Whether he did or not, hopefully he shakes off whatever ailed him.

But I'm so glad he hit that huge shot at the end. Way to step up despite a pretty tough day otherwise.

Smile Just in Time Is Tiring

Quote Originally Posted by JaMarcus Russell View Post
    I'm seriously starting to think that Jon is not a morning person

3 awful first halves, but some decent performances later in the games, capped off by the game winner.
    I believe Jon is the second coming, but it would help if he arrived 30 minutes earlier.

BTW, did anyone else get a queasy feeling when Dick and Dan began talking about Duke's "Championship" with three minutes left in a seven-point game? Yikes! How horrible to be punished by the Weauf Gods because Vitale is running his mouth?!

Also BTW, Singler's aim was off by a lot today. He was three feet to the right on his attempt to take out Vitale and shut him up forever.

sagegrouse

It's becoming apparent that if Duke is going to win ball games in the NCAA's it's going to be winning ugly. We'll struggle to put up 70 points in just about every game after the 1st round and will need to rely heavily on defense and rebounding. It's been done before, UCLA went to 2 straight Final Fours in 06 and 07 while averaging less than 65 ppg for the tournament. I think most people are counting us out because of how poor our offense looks but what's really encouraging is the Pomeroy ratings because that removes any bias and looks solely at the efficiency numbers.

Great win boys. Jon proving how clutch he is, any really good player can make a big shot when they are having a great game but when you aren't shooting well is when the real test of how clutch a player is.

Hope Duke plays Friday, they could use the extra day.

Very encouraging victory. I thought Scheyer looked as active as I've seen him in quite some time -- on defense, without the ball, setting up the offense. The Duke offensive attack looked far crisper today, which is no coincidence. I would have liked to see Dawkins for more time early in the second half to build on a VERY exciting first half, but I can't criticize going with your experienced players late in a championship game. It was terrific to see the team rallying around Andre, though. He's had as difficult a year as you can have, but I hope he comes to regard these guys (and us) as his family. I thought they played very well against a very physical and talented Georgia Tech group that will either be a serious problem or turn themselves over right out of the NCAA's.

Let's go Duke!

Holy smokes!!! It was stupendous!!!
    I really thought I was going to faint when that last gt three rolled around and out.
    Our defense stopped time, we went into another dimension.

Duke Blue colored the arena today. Lots of support...good job Devil fans.
    Plenty of haters, too,but they live miserable lives of despair.

Our freshmen took the leap into real maturity today.

We are going to be a much tougher team to beat than any talking head realizes.

Thank you K, coaches, support staff, team,fans! WOW!!!!!!

Awesome, awesome, awesome. A big congrats to all of the Dukies, that was one heck of a fun game to watch. I'm concerned beyond words about Scheyer... forgetting that he made the clutch shot at the end, he played atrocious. If he gets back into form and Singler hits some FG's with all of those FT's, we're pretty scary man. Especially if Andre can keep this confidence up.