Thread: The schmingler

The schmingler

....it comes from the darkest depths of Durham, eats Bears for breakfast and Tar Heels as a late afternoon snack, is hunted by Mountaineers in vain........

.........its name is known by few, but will be known by all after this weekend.........

......it is..............THE SCHMINGLER

Also known as

He is also otherwise known as the Keeper of the ring a.k.a Lord of the Ring

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedBlue View Post
    He is also otherwise known as the Keeper of the ring a.k.a Lord of the Ring
    And here I thought he was the Lord of the Dance... but I guess we are led by a Pole, not an Irishman.

Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    And here I thought he was the Lord of the Dance... but I guess we are led by a Pole, not an Irishman.
    I don't think pole dancing is an appropriate topic for this forum.

I hope you all realize this is a *THREE*-headed beast capable of devastating courtside destruction.............after vanquishing His challengers, He shall undergo a metamorphosis into a different, potentially even more devastating beast...

....in Fall 2010, prepare for.............
    THE SMIRVINGLER

Quote Originally Posted by saxman717 View Post
    I hope you all realize this is a *THREE*-headed beast capable of devastating courtside destruction.............after vanquishing His challengers, He shall undergo a metamorphosis into a different, potentially even more devastating beast...

THE SMIRVINGLER
    I sure hope the "ingler" part is true.

THE SMIRVINGLER
    that actually just makes me really sad that we're losing jon!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBaby View Post
    I sure hope the "ingler" part is true.
    "ing" for sure, "ler" ---- well, my money is on we keep the "ler"

I posted this on the Scout.com board as well...I'm headed to Indy this weekend and would gladly have a poster made up to take along and display in the Duke alum section of THE SCHMINGLER if anyone can photoshop up a picture of the beast...

....if you haven't caught on, it's the three-headed monster comprised of Scheyer, Smith and Singler...

...if someone can come up w/ a good pic of the the 3 guys w/ their game faces on making up the 3 heads of a crazy beast, I'll kinko's a poster of it w/ something like FEAR THE SCHMINGLER and hold it up in the stands at Lucas Oil Stadium.

Anyone able to help out w/ this????

I think we're all getting a little nutso here!

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I think we're all getting a little nutso here!
    Just wait til 3 days from now!!!!! It's the Final Four 2010, baby!!!!

I may have to start carrying around a paper bag to breathe into!

I'm stress eating already.

Make a Poster

I love it!!! Make a 3 headed player/monster and bring it to the Final 4. You will get on TV.

just for the record

I nominated the 3 (Nolan, Kyle and Jon) to be known as Knolon Schmingler a couple of months ago, just for the record.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    I nominated the 3 (Nolan, Kyle and Jon) to be known as Knolon Schmingler a couple of months ago, just for the record.
    Yeah, if you search "schmingler", you can find a blogger who thought of it too ---- pretty funny....it must be the true name of the beast. I honestly came up with it with no external influences one night when I was watching a game with my wife and she pointed out how Scheyer Smith and Singler all had 'S' last names and that they were a three-headed beast......then in about 5 seconds, the name SCHMINGLER came out

Great minds think alike

Red face Another Name?

"Schmingler" is perfect for Blue Devil PR this season -- it gives short shrift to Nolan! The only letter uniquely his is the "m."

This needs a more working class approach. How about "Schinglersmith?" Definition: "master basketball builders." It gets all of Nolan's and Kyle's last name and most of Jon's. Jon drops a couple of letters (the "ey") because that's what a point guard does -- feeds the other players.

sagegrouse

Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    And it was a brilliant choice, somewhat reminiscent of Keyser Soze.

THE SMIRVINGLER
    I'm thinking next year we may see a terrifying 7 headed beast devouring victims in Cameron...

The Smirvinglerdawkurrumlee(squared)

Say that 5 times fast. Better yet...try to guard it.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    I'm thinking next year we may see a terrifying 7 headed beast devouring victims in Cameron...

The Smirvinglerdawkurrumlee(squared)

Say that 5 times fast. Better yet...try to guard it.
    LOL, or will it be the Dawkinglersmurrmlee???