Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Awesome! Great news. We can always use more height on the perimeter.

Interesting that he attends the same high school as Ed Davis. Wondering if Ed try to recruit him to Chapel Hill or warned him of the situation there!!!

The ESPN video link shows that he has nice outside range. Doesnt really highlight any ball-handling or driving capability. Anybody have any info on his game / video material?

ESPN has him ranked 24th overall in the 2011 class; 8th best at the SG position

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    Do you know what kind of player he is?
    Deep Range? Athletic Guy? Whats known about him?

great news

Nice way to start the post season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco View Post
    Do you know what kind of player he is?
    Deep Range? Athletic Guy? Whats known about him?
    smooth, athletic wing with good size (6'6") from the perimeter. has 3-pt range, but can also get into the lane. versatile defensively in that he can guard all 3 perimeter positions.

Scout has him rated a bit higher.

4th at his position and 14th overall.

Don't look now but the future of Duke Basketball is looking EXTREMELY bright...

Welcome to the family!!!

http://www.maxpreps.com/local/team/v...8-79836F08578D

He's number 33 on the green team.

I'm so excited about this kid. I absolutely LOVE what Nate James has done for this team. I'd say he turned out to be our biggest hire in a while, right?

Gbinije should do well on our team. Five star athlete, maybe a Gerald type? Definitely smooth, has all the traditional traits of a good player. Great job Duke and great choice Mike!

Thumbs up Welcome Michael!!!

Welcome to Duke Michael. As a felow-Virginian, yoou're going to love it there!!

This is just what the doctor ordered - a strong, strong wing (where we arguably won't have one after this year), a top-flight recruit to start off the 2011 class, and an apparent bud of our guy 'Q.' What's not to love.

Doesn't K just LOVE to mix and match these mid-sized, flexible players???

Wow - 2 top flight BB recruits in just a few days for Duke (WBB and now MBB)!

Quote Originally Posted by FireOgilvie View Post
    His team got worked. Sweet jumper though.

......... versatile defensively in that he can guard all 3 perimeter positions.
    Thats the part i wanted to see. Without it his minutes will be limited. Listening Andre? Keep working. It'll come, and quicker than you think (90% perspiration man, 90%). Then, you fly.
    The University of North Carolina
    Where CHEATING is a Way of Life

Great news! Hope he starts a trend and brings in Rivers, Miller, MP3, and Cook! That would be one helluva class!

Fingers crossed!
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

IC is trying to spin this ......if some of the other recruits commit, perhaps the holes fans could suffer even MORE...

let's all hope...

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    In another portion of that link, someone named crazietalker claims that Carrick Felix's facebook status reads "DUKE SUNDAY!!!! HERE I COME"

This could be interpreted in a number of ways, I suppose. Maybe he's predicting that Duke will win on sunday. I don't imagine he's VISITING Duke on sunday, since they'll be in Greensboro. Could another committment be on the horizon?
    Carrick will be visiting on Sunday evening, presumably after the championship game. Crazie-Talk and crazietalker are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    In another portion of that link, someone named crazietalker claims that Carrick Felix's facebook status reads "DUKE SUNDAY!!!! HERE I COME"

This could be interpreted in a number of ways, I suppose. Maybe he's predicting that Duke will win on sunday. I don't imagine he's VISITING Duke on sunday, since they'll be in Greensboro. Could another committment be on the horizon?
    Carrick is coming to Durham on Sunday and could cap off an amazing 8 days for the Duke program. Starting with the 82-50 beatdown last Saturday, a surprise commitment from a 5-star recruit, the end of the worst season of roy's career and the worst showing by a defending national champion, hopefully ending in an ACC Championship, a #1 Seed, and another commitment in the bag on Sunday.

Its a great time to be a Duke fan!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Great news! Hope he starts a trend and brings in Rivers, Miller, MP3, and Cook! That would be one helluva class!
    It's also one too many, unless someone leaves unexpectedly.

Not much info in thread

I see from the thread that perhaps Nate James was instrumental in the recruitment. In Addition, from Scout.com he is listed at 6'6" and 180. I wouldn't characterize him as sturdy as one did in the thread. From the clip, he appears to have a nice jump shot. It appears he can play either shooting guard or small forward and would come with the 2011 group. With Singler gone at that time for sure, it will be good to have players in the 6'5" to 6'8" range that can play the 2 or 3 and that can also defend. Good commit for the team, although I would definitely like to hear more from someone who really has seen this kid play.

This commitment could definitely be the beginning of a solid 2011 group.