Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    It's pretty hard to tell from this video, though. When they are sitting down Davis is slouching, and you can't tell how much height either has in the legs versus the body. When they are standing up, the camera angles are odd--in one shot there is someone talking to them (the interviewer?) who looks almost as tall as Gbinije.
    I couldn't make out the cinder blocks very well.

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    I couldn't make out the cinder blocks very well.
    I am sorry to inform you that your reading comprehension skills are lacking. If you were truly paying attention to details, you would have noticed that the cinder block measuring standard is only useful when measuring wingspan and not height. I suspect you will lose a large amount of rep points for not applying the proper DBR-approved technique.

(jk, of course)

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I am sorry to inform you that your reading comprehension skills are lacking. If you were truly paying attention to details, you would have noticed that the cinder block measuring standard is only useful when measuring wingspan and not height. I suspect you will lose a large amount of rep points for not applying the proper DBR-approved technique.

(jk, of course)
    My apologies. Mods, please delete my post.

(jk, of course)
    As the inventor of the cinderblock standard I have been asked to develop a modified version of the horizontal scale that could be applied vertically. I am working out the details and calibrations and should have a formula soon.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    As the inventor of the cinderblock standard I have been asked to develop a modified version of the horizontal scale that could be applied vertically. I am working out the details and calibrations and should have a formula soon.
    As an Irishman, I can tell you there is a rather standard way to convert horizontal to vertical, although it typically converts vertical to horizontal, called Bushmills.

Of course, in my college days we used the Dacquiri conversion method. Often successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Of course, in my college days we used the Dacquiri conversion method. Often successfully.
    And you were certainly the daiquiri master, BD. The best part was the conversion from vertical to horizontal was almost always accompanied by a wide smile.

Watzone at it again (on fire this summer)

http://bluedevilnation.net/2011/07/m...s-a-loud-game/

Nice article about Gbinijie, his 28 point performance at the Pro-Am and what he needs to do to contribute this year. I expect I will very much enjoy watching him at Duke.

For your reading pleasure, especially for those who like player nicknames:

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...DB_OEM_ID=4200

"Teammates have given the ultra-athletic wing from Virginia the moniker Silent G, in tribute to his soft-spoken nature off the court as well as the phonetic spelling of his last name."

Now is this really true? Did his teammates give him the name Silent G or did someone here on DBR start that?

For your reading pleasure, especially for those who like player nicknames:

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...DB_OEM_ID=4200

"Teammates have given the ultra-athletic wing from Virginia the moniker Silent G, in tribute to his soft-spoken nature off the court as well as the phonetic spelling of his last name."

Now is this really true? Did his teammates give him the name Silent G or did someone here on DBR start that?
    Ha! That's been his message board nickname for years...

(Although I think it might have been someone at TDD that came up with it originally?)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    Ha! That's been his message board nickname for years...

(Although I think it might have been someone at TDD that came up with it originally?)
    I hadn't heard it before I said it on twitter on September 29th of last year.

http://twitter.com/#!/DukeHoopBlog/status/25934298509

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    I hadn't heard it before I said it on twitter on September 29th of last year.
    Because it was silent. Duh.