Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Talking MBB: Duke vs. UVa at Noon Friday ET

OK. Who really thought a Sylven-less Wahoo team would beat the tough Eagles of BC? Not this guy (or bird).

Questions to get started:

1. Can the Hoos bring it a second day in a row? Today must have been a spirited game (although I missed it).

2. Can the Devils shut down the perimeter game for the Hoos? Today they were 8-21, including 5-10 from Zeglinski and 3-5 from Jeff Jones (anyone else have trouble with this "Jones time warp?").

3. Can Duke develop some interior offense to help out Jon, Kyle and Nolan?

Go Duke!!

sagegrouse

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    OK. Who really thought a Sylven-less Wahoo team would beat the tough Eagles of BC? Not this guy (or bird).

Questions to get started:

1. Can the Hoos bring it a second day in a row? Today must have been a spirited game (although I missed it).

2. Can the Devils shut down the perimeter game for the Hoos? Today they were 8-21, including 5-10 from Zeglinski and 3-5 from Jeff Jones (anyone else have trouble with this "Jones time warp?").

Go Duke!!

sagegrouse
    I agree I am surprised to see the without-much-talent but well-coached Virginia beat the little bit more talented and well coached BC. I think Virginia is going to have a tough time with a much more talented and well-coached Duke tomorrow. I think even if Virginia does bring it, it shouldn't be enough.

BC is well-coached?

In the 67-49 win in Charlottesville, our five interior players combined for 13 points and 17 rebounds. I desire to see more scoring from the big guys tomorrow.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    In the 67-49 win in Charlottesville, our five interior players combined for 13 points and 17 rebounds. I desire to see more scoring from the big guys tomorrow.
    Agreed. Duke will also need to keep Mayonnaise... err, Meyinsse away from the rim. He set a career high (21) against Duke last time out.

Is Miami playing that well or is Wake that bad!!!

Obviously nothing is a gimmie, but I think this setup is awesome. UVA, sans-landesburg, playing the day after they already played? I like our odds; is there any other team you'd rather face in the tourney right now?

... Can the Devils shut down the perimeter game for the Hoos? Today they were 8-21, including ... 3-5 from Jeff Jones (anyone else have trouble with this "Jones time warp?"). ...
    Does he drive a DeLorean?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazieDUMB View Post
    Obviously nothing is a gimmie, but I think this setup is awesome. UVA, sans-landesburg, playing the day after they already played? I like our odds; is there any other team you'd rather face in the tourney right now?
    Miami sans Collins. That being said, UVA without Landesburg is on paper an easy matchup. In reality? Who knows. I don't want to speculate right now about it. It looks good, but so did the game @NCSU...

Quote Originally Posted by CrazieDUMB View Post
    is there any other team you'd rather face in the tourney right now?
    (trying . . . hard . . . not . . . to . . . say . . . "Heels" . . . .)

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    (trying . . . hard . . . not . . . to . . . say . . . "Heels" . . . .)
    I'll say it. We only beat unc by 32. I'd like to aim for 40.

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20048

Landesburg is not playing correct? If not than I am not worried about this game. Easy win for Duke and on to the Semis.

Quote Originally Posted by KaHOOnah View Post
    Can't say I'm ecstatic about the match up, but a win's a win. Hey, we're just happy to make it to Friday

See you tomorrow, Dukies! (by the way, I spelled "Dukies" slightly differently before I previewed my post. Nice touch)

Education is good. Keeps you from ending up with the yokels in chapel hill.

As long as the team isn't feeling as cocky as we are in this thread. Hope we win, and hope we are able to rest some guys...but it's the ACC tournament, and UVa isn't a completely hopeless team like, say, Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by RainingThrees View Post
    Landesburg is not playing correct? If not than I am not worried about this game. Easy win for Duke and on to the Semis.
    Correct.

BTW, shouldn't sagegrouse start this thread? We've got a good record when the game threads are started by sagegrouse...

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    UVa isn't a completely hopeless team like, say, Carolina.
    Sure looks as if UVa has a first-rate young coach. He seems steady, solid X/O, well-spoken, and unlikely to refer to himself in the 3d person, and esp unlikely to adopt the moniker, Ol' Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I'm not greedy. I don't mind everyone doing exactly what they did the last time and winning by 18 again.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Correct.

BTW, shouldn't sagegrouse start this thread? We've got a good record when the game threads are started by sagegrouse...
    Eh, I'm guessing our record is about the same in games for which sagegrouse starting the threads as it is games for which he didn't start them. In other words, we've got a good record either way.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    Sure looks as if UVa has a first-rate young coach. He seems steady, solid X/O, well-spoken, and unlikely to refer to himself in the 3d person, and esp unlikely to adopt the moniker, Ol' Tony.
    He's already won the NCOY once in his young career, so I'd say the evidence is there that he can coach. UVa now has a good coach. Right now, they're just short on talent.

Considering that BOTH Syracuse AND Villanova just went down, we better avoid being too cocky....