Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Miami at the line, up 1, with 25.7 seconds left. Allen just fouled out.

Greenberg

is apparently complaining about Delaney getting stripped, but, to their credit, the VT radio announcers say it was clean.

I really don't like Greenberg.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    is apparently complaining about Delaney getting stripped, but, to their credit, the VT radio announcers say it was clean.

I really don't like Greenberg.
    Yeah, Greenberg complains about every call. It was crowded, but it looked like a clean strip. Often that gets called a foul, but it looked clean.

Miami can ice it with free throws here. Up 3 at the line, 17.5 left.

Miami with 2 shots to ice it.

If VT doesn't get in (i think they will, the bubble sucks this year), they can point to this game as the reason.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Duke vs Miami tomorrow.

did VT just play their way back onto the bubble?
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    did VT just play their way back onto the bubble?
    Nah, I think they're safe. Nearly every other bubble team (except for Notre Dame and Illinois) played just as badly in their tournaments. VT will be playing in the NCAAs next week.

Wow...with the way this tournament is shaping up, we'd better be counting our blessings for being a higher-seeded team that actually won.

Turning point of the game was the VPI bench player acting a fool after Allen made the 3 pointer. After that display Miami scored the rest of the points and held VPI scoreless. Lesson is don't act like a "maroon"

Quote Originally Posted by ivydevil View Post
    Wow...with the way this tournament is shaping up, we'd better be counting our blessings for being a higher-seeded team that actually won.
    Yeah, hopefully we play better against Miami this time than we did at Miami. It'll help that they won't have Dwayne Collins. But we'll have to defend Durand Scott better than we did last time.

I was at the game today. Good news is the place was about 75% full and plenty of Devil fans. The bad news is they forgot to make noise. I know it is not CIS but it was embarrassing that Virginia fans were louder yet were out numbered 4:1. As someone earlier mentioned there are plenty of tickets available. I bought four for the semi-finals way below face value. If you can make alot of noise come over and join us.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    But we'll have to defend Durand Scott better than we did last time.
    Durand Scott looks pretty hard to stop. That Reggie Johnson kid looked pretty good too. I think Duke might have their hands full tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Durand Scott looks pretty hard to stop. That Reggie Johnson kid looked pretty good too. I think Duke might have their hands full tomorrow.
    Yeah, hopefully tired legs will set in for the Canes tomorrow. But they certainly have talented young players. And we have to remember that they did finish last for a reason. Hopefully that reason will show up tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by GODUKEGO View Post
    I was at the game today. Good news is the place was about 75% full and plenty of Devil fans. The bad news is they forgot to make noise. I know it is not CIS but it was embarrassing that Virginia fans were louder yet were out numbered 4:1. As someone earlier mentioned there are plenty of tickets available. I bought four for the semi-finals way below face value. If you can make alot of noise come over and join us.
    Agree that there were plenty of Dukies in the crowd today. We sat in the UNC section and were (to our great relief), surrounded by Duke fans. I disagree that the Virginia fans were louder-plenty of noise for Devils, when there was something to cheer about, which didn't happen much until the last 10 minutes.

Is it just me or does Gani Lawal find the most creative ways to travel?

I haven't seen that many steps and jumps since watching an NBA game.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

GT has come to play early. They're up 10 with 5 to go in the first half.

Now up 15 with under 4 to go in the half. They're just dominating the game right now. They're getting all the rebounds, and Shumpert et al are doing a good job on Vasquez.

Georgia Tech looking like they want nothing to do with the bubble, up 15 at the 4 minute media timeout.

Up 15 now. Terps sucking hard.

Fast break. Lead up to 19, 2:33 left in 1st half

If one didn't know better, one would say that GT was the team who tied for the regular season championship and Maryland was the bubble team. It's crazy how good GT has looked and how bad Maryland has looked.