Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    It's a 10-point game at the half. GT just putting up an embarassing performance, and UNC is playing one of its best games of the season.

This is an absolute joke.

I never understand how good teams (or, in this case, the better team) fails to show up in CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT GAMES.

Forget the conference tournament, some of these teams are playing for an NCAA tournament berth (see: Ga Tech) or at least more advantageous seeding.

It is unbelievable to me that Roy Williams has motivated his team to play simply to avoid a .500 record and potential NIT snub better than Hewitt has motivated his team to play FOR THE NCAA TOURNAMENT.

Disgusting. Puke.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    It's a 10-point game at the half. GT just putting up an embarassing performance, and UNC is playing one of its best games of the season.
    I was afraid of this. A team that gets crushed like UNC either folds or fights. Looks like UNC got it all out this week and are ready to start over now. Some team needs to step up and beat them before they start believing again.

I'm sorry I have to disagree. UNC sucks this game. Take away Zeller and maybe Henson and they are pitiful. Even with them they are pitiful. G-Tech is just sucking worse. How many 3pt clangers from both teams!!!

Duke would destory either of these teams tonight. I mean destory. And that makes me happy.

And can you believe the ESPN announcer saying that UNC is coming on in March when they were embarassed in Durham a couple of days ago. LOL!!!!

God knows the love fest in IC right now.

Quote Originally Posted by YourLandlord View Post
    This is an absolute joke.

I never understand how good teams (or, in this case, the better team) fails to show up in CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT GAMES.

Forget the conference tournament, some of these teams are playing for an NCAA tournament berth (see: Ga Tech) or at least more advantageous seeding.

It is unbelievable to me that Roy Williams has motivated his team to play simply to avoid a .500 record and potential NIT snub better than Hewitt has motivated his team to play FOR THE NCAA TOURNAMENT.

Disgusting. Puke.
    I really want to know who Paul Hewitt has pictures of. Aside from the Final Four trip in 2004 (which is now 6 long years ago), his teams have constantly underachieved (and that team underachieved, too, until the NCAA Tournament). Maybe he's succeeding at the other aspects of his job (i.e., helping kids get and stay on track to graduate), but he's not a good basketball coach.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Mike Patrick is absolutely slobbering over UNC tonight. Just won't shut up. If you're watching you know what I'm talking about. It's disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by bass-piscator View Post
    I'm sorry I have to disagree. UNC sucks this game. Take away Zeller and maybe Henson and they are pitiful. Even with them they are pitiful. G-Tech is just sucking worse. How many 3pt clangers from both teams!!!

Duke would destory either of these teams tonight. I mean destory. And that makes me happy.

And can you believe the ESPN announcer saying that UNC is coming on in March when they were embarassed in Durham a couple of days ago. LOL!!!!

God knows the love fest in IC right now.
    UNC is moving the ball well and getting a ton of easy looks at the basket. They aren't playing pitifully. If they'd hit a few more of their point blank shots, they'd be up by 15-20.

UNC isn't shooting well from 3, but they're getting GREAT looks at the basket right now.

It doesn't hurt that GT is playing very poorly. But UNC is not playing poorly, either.

Something got into GT at halftime. They've come out playing with some passion. 7-0 run to start the half, and it's a 3-point game!

UNC is moving the ball well and getting a ton of easy looks at the basket. They aren't playing pitifully. If they'd hit a few more of their point blank shots, they'd be up by 15-20.

UNC isn't shooting well from 3, but they're getting GREAT looks at the basket right now.

It doesn't hurt that GT is playing very poorly. But UNC is not playing poorly, either.
    Not watching but the stats I see is UNC shooting 33% FG and 14% 3pt. That's a bad percentage if they are getting a ton of easy looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Outlaw View Post
    Not watching but the stats I see is UNC shooting 33% FG and 14% 3pt. That's a bad percentage if they are getting a ton of easy looks.
    Yes. They've missed a TON of layups. They certainly haven't shot well from 3, but they were moving the ball well and getting point-blank shots. They showed a montage of the missed layups as they neared the half.

In the second half, however, UNC has thankfully started to revert to old form.

Volunteers

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    I was afraid of this. A team that gets crushed like UNC either folds or fights. Looks like UNC got it all out this week and are ready to start over now. Some team needs to step up and beat them before they start believing again.
    I know just the team to do it on Sunday. Go for the Triple Crown! Sadly, I don't expect UNC to be around on Sunday.

Aaaaaand we're tied. Now all Tech has to do is win a 12 minute game against the 3rd-worst team in the conference.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

GT is crazy. It's like as soon as they got back in the game, they decided to stop doing what got them back in the game. They've gotten the ball to Favors/Lawal/Peacock around the rim, which drew fouls, scored points, created space for easy 3s, and cut into the lead. Now that they're back, Shumpert is chucking contested long threes (and missing).

tech sucks... they have the advantage inside and they just wanna throw it up from outside... the post players have to make their own offense, they aren't getting any help from passes
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

Quote Originally Posted by jjasper0729 View Post
    tech sucks... they have the advantage inside and they just wanna throw it up from outside... the post players have to make their own offense, they aren't getting any help from passes
    It's probably a reflection on the type of coaching that they are getting. There is absolutely no discipline on that team.

Quote Originally Posted by RainingThrees View Post
    It's probably a reflection on the type of coaching that they are getting. There is absolutely no discipline on that team.
    Hewitt is really frustrated with Rice right now. Up 2, he tried an off-balance layup in a 1-on-4 situation. Just a stupid play. Given how well GT has played offensively in the half court in the second half, you pull that ball back out, set up the offense, and pound it inside.

Hewitt is really frustrated with Rice right now. Up 2, he tried an off-balance layup in a 1-on-4 situation. Just a stupid play. Given how well GT has played offensively in the half court in the second half, you pull that ball back out, set up the offense, and pound it inside.
    Rice is an athlete that's for sure, but he has made many boneheaded moves throughout the season. The kid has got to get his emotions in check if he wants to become a good player.

Favors is playing like the guy he was hyped up to be coming into the season. He's been dominant in the second half.

UNC v. GT

This is like watching two mice that fell into a bucket of cream.

Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    This is like watching two mice that fell into a bucket of cream.
    No kidding. These are two teams that are seemingly unable to handle end-of-game situations.