Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

ACC Tournament Discussion Thread

Virginia looking fiesty thus far against BC.

Question; do all postseason tournaments, including the CBI and CIT, require at least a .500 record to participate? Because if that's the case, then a loss to Virginia would end BC's season.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Virginia looking fiesty thus far against BC.

Question; do all postseason tournaments, including the CBI and CIT, require at least a .500 record to participate? Because if that's the case, then a loss to Virginia would end BC's season.
    None of them do. The NIT uses the NCAA criteria, which all but eliminates sub-500 teams. The CBI and CIT don't require a .500 record, but those two are all for the money and so you have to think that they wouldn't want BC to play as they can't really sell tickets for a bad matchup.

Sammy Zeglinski is on fire. He's looking like a natural floor leader out there with Landesberg out and Scott struggling. I'm expecting a good game tomorrow if UVA wins this, though it's fair to say our team defense is a lot better than BC's. Right now, Sammy Z is making their D pay for a lot of mistakes.

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2...ge-basketball/

Some interesting notes from the all-time ACC Tournament records of the schools:

UNC 84-38 17 titles
    Duke 84-39 17 titles

I have a feeling that Duke will have the better record after this weekend.

On the bottom end:
    Clemson 16-56 0 titles

That's 16 wins in 56 years! Ouch.

Perhaps this is some good karma coming back to UVA. You have to respect Bennet for his decision - it's one thing to kick a walk-on off the team and talk about integrity, it's another matter entirely to boot your best player.

Despite the ugliness, this is turning into a pretty entertaining game. All 50 people at the Greensboro Colliseum must be enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2...ge-basketball/

Some interesting notes from the all-time ACC Tournament records of the schools:

UNC 84-38 17 titles
    Duke 84-39 17 titles

I have a feeling that Duke will have the better record after this weekend.

On the bottom end:
    Clemson 16-56 0 titles

That's 16 wins in 56 years! Ouch.
    Yeah, but UNC thinks the ACCT doesn't matter. At least not in those years when ole Huck again disappoints...

;-)

Quote Originally Posted by -bdbd View Post
    Yeah, but UNC thinks the ACCT doesn't matter. At least not in those years when ole Huck again disappoints...

;-)
    But how many Helms Trophies do we have?

I don't know how many of you play "Streak for the Cash" on espn.com but one of the games is UNC v GT pick the winner. Seems like a lock?

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    UVA played 4 guys over 30 minutes while BC didn't play any over 30 minutes. UVA lives to play tomorrow but will they have tired legs in the 2nd half? Will it matter? Hopefully Duke will have the oppotrunity to play deep into their bench. UVA doesn't match up well against Duke.

Wake vs. a Dwayne Collins-less Miami team. If Wake finds a way to lose this game, I'm not sure they deserve an NCAA tournament bid. Miami with Collins was bad. Without him, they're terrible.

Lets not feel overconfident

Quote Originally Posted by whereinthehellami View Post
    UVA played 4 guys over 30 minutes while BC didn't play any over 30 minutes. UVA lives to play tomorrow but will they have tired legs in the 2nd half? Will it matter? Hopefully Duke will have the oppotrunity to play deep into their bench. UVA doesn't match up well against Duke.
    There are no easy games in the ACC tournament. We have to go out there and play hard and well if we expect to advance.

Strange how Wake makes such poor offensive use of Aminu, with his tremendous skills. It seems like Ish Smith dribbling in circles and then throwing up a circus shot is their default offense.

Miami's offense has basically degenerated into jacking up 3s. But with Wake not playing very smart, that might be enough.

Looks like Miami is holding their own for the first 10 min of the game. Wish I could watch. I am out of market and non espn360.com eligible due to my internets service provider.

What really pisses me off is that I paid $120 for ESPN Full Court and I am stuck at work.

Miami came out swinging against WFU. Wouldn't that be fortuitous? (knock on wood)

Aminu is having another great game so far.

wow.. wake is really in the tank the last couple of weeks... down 14 to the 'canes...
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

Wake is lucky the Selection Committee eliminated "last 12 games" as a criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    Miami came out swinging against WFU. Wouldn't that be fortuitous? (knock on wood)
    That depends upon whether or not you think Miami can beat VT. It may be that all this does is increase the likelihood that we play VT in round 2 (if we're fortunate enough to get by UVa, of course).

So the real question is, would you rather face VT or Wake in Round 2 (with an outside chance at playing Miami)?

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Wake is lucky the Selection Committee eliminated "last 12 games" as a criteria.
    with a loss today, would still be respectable 6-6. now, if it was "last 6 games"

wow, wake down 22 right now. thought they were firmly in the tourney, but would a 20+ point loss to a "bad" team, change that?