Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Every bubble team in the country is now rooting for us.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    Nitology?

Who gets automatic NIT Bids?

SoCal
    Any team that wins the conference regular season, does not win the conference tournament, and does not make the NCAA tournament gets an automatic bid to the NIT. Thus far this season, there are 8 such teams:

Jacksonville
    Jackson State
    Troy
    Kent State
    Weber State
    Coastal Carolina
    Quinnipiac
    Stony Brook
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Every bubble team in the country is now rooting for us.
    I wonder if this will include Va Tech fans who stick around. They obviously don't want Miami to steal a bid, but they might think that they're in anyway and can't make themselves root for Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by arydolphin View Post
    Anyone else thinking that a Duke-NC State final would be pretty cool on Sunday afternoon?
    Not cool- It would be like playing a true road game. The State Fans will be out in droves. They would give NC State a lot of energy. Unfortunately, history tells us that State will make the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    Great win for them after an impressive performance last night. Anyone counting them out against Ga Tech tomorrow night?!

Hoping for a Duke-State final!
    State will win today. You cannot trust Tech to win now that they are in the NCAA tourney. Plus State nearly beat Tech at Tech. State is on a roll right now- winning close games. Strange thing is that I think they could beat every ACC team other than UNC. Tech is not solid enough to consistently win close games- they really struggle on the line.

The upsets stop now!!!

Hard to believe going into today's semi's were are the only one left of the top four seeds. The upsets stop now. The next two games will be tough especially if we play like we did against VA. If we can win two more that would be 9 out of the last 12 tournament champs. I think that is called dominant!!! "IF" this happens a #1 seed and 6 more to go!!! I would rather play State than GA Tech in the finals. Both of them beat us this year but it was in their house.

Quote Originally Posted by YourLandlord View Post

Gaussian blur

We really need Ga Tech to lose to NC State here. I fear another game against GA Tech will just be a ferocious, physical, exhausting affair that could carry over to Thursday. Go State.

Quote Originally Posted by YourLandlord View Post
    We really need Ga Tech to lose to NC State here. I fear another game against GA Tech will just be a ferocious, physical, exhausting affair that could carry over to Thursday. Go State.
    I agree although I'm seeing some tired legs from both teams this game. Can you imagine ending your game close to midnight last night and having to turn around and have a (app.) 4:00 tip-off time the next day?

Tired legs...tired legs...and not just from Jon!

Paul Hewitt is the worst in game coach in the ACC. He is a good recruiter but a terrible game manager.

GT is way more talented, but they have no cohesiveness at all. Basically, their guard play is really inconsistent. There is no excuse for having this much trouble with inbounds plays and no excuse for committing this many turnovers. They have three of the four best players on the floor, yet they are struggling to keep up with an inferior NC State team.

It looks like NC State threw this thing away. They had a chance to win, but just couldn't make plays down the stretch. Gonzalez just dribbled it off his foot and committed an intentional foul which should seal it.

Gonzalez was obviously frustrated by his turnover and probably believed he was fouled on the play, but to reach out and grab Favors' jersey was a bonehead move. Suprisingly, Lowe left Gonzalez in the game when he had clearly earned a seat on the pine.
    Bob Green

In 3 days of the ACC Tourney, one thing has become very clear to me: Paul Hewitt is a bad coach. With all the talent on his team, he's had his team struggling 3 games in a row despite being up big in two and blowing big leads in those two.

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinFunk View Post
    In 3 days of the ACC Tourney, one thing has become very clear to me: Paul Hewitt is a bad coach. With all the talent on his team, he's had his team struggling 3 games in a row despite being up big in two and blowing big leads in those two.
    Duke's kinda done the same thing 2 days in a row...

Turnovers and foul shooting

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinFunk View Post
    I usually don't recommend pressing, but in the case of GT, they don't seem competent to handle pressure, particularly with the in bounds passes. In addition, they have only one of two guys who can hit free throws consistently,

The difficulties with handling tech involves their big men who can score inside and rebound. We should be favored in this one.

Talking Javi, I Have One Word for You -- RODEO!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Gonzalez was obviously frustrated by his turnover and probably believed he was fouled on the play, but to reach out and grab Favors' jersey was a bonehead move. Suprisingly, Lowe left Gonzalez in the game when he had clearly earned a seat on the pine.
    The only thing missing from his throw of the much larger Favors was to pull a short piece of rope out of his shorts and tie his arms and legs together.

I mean, how do you get thrown out of a game if that outrageous play doesn't do it?

sagegrouse

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    The only thing missing from his throw of the much larger Favors was to pull a short piece of rope out of his shorts and tie his arms and legs together.

I mean, how do you get thrown out of a game if that outrageous play doesn't do it?

sagegrouse
    Well, nothing about that really screamed ejection to me. The intentional/flagrant foul call was the right call, I think. It's not like he threw the guy on the ground. He just held on tight to Favors's jersey (which is illegal, of course) and Favors lost his balance and got spun around. I think it ended up looking worse than it really was, but the call was correct.