Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

UNC-Let's Move on

Their season is basically over for all practical purposes, yet 3 of the top threads right now are all about UNC. I see no reason to talk about them anymore. We are in the most exciting part of the season for DUKE. Let's focus on us going forward. Please. I almost think it would be beneficial for the moderators to start locking all UNC related threads.

Make that four threads about UNC

Don't close quite yet, this is to good!!!

This was on the Heel's forum:
    My wife who is a UNC fan observed that this was a weak win for the I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.ies.

Sure, we ruined senior night for them 4 years in a row.

So anyone can see they were pi$$ed enough to win.

Most of their team played together 3-4 years now --

-- opposite of our boys.

Plus we have had and still have major injuries.

Its like beating up on someone who is already on the ground.

Weak win, I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.ies ...

Where do I start, we were up by 30 in the first 16 minutes and the best one, if did not score in the second half, we still win by 3. She was right it was like beating up on them. Beating than beating and then beating until they were out of their misery.

I trust I'm not the only one who sees the irony here.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    I think you should start another thread talking about the irony of making a thread about having too many threads talking about UNC.

Quote Originally Posted by InSpades View Post
    I think you should start another thread talking about the irony of making a thread about having too many threads talking about UNC.
    After their season is over Thursday night, does that mean we can finally stop talking about that inconsequential .500 team? Focus, people. Focus...

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    That would be the thing ol' roy plugs into the "socket" to get wrinkles out of his golf pants?

Not

I am not stopping now and I won't until UNC loses their first NIT game and done for the season. I don't want their issues to heel any time soon. And i sure hope the effect of this tsunami that was this seasoni carries over to next 3 or 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedBlue View Post
    And i sure hope the effect of this tsunami that was this season carries over to next 3 or 4 years.
    Im with you!
    I can enjoy Duke success AND UNC misery. Both are delicious.
    I'm just amphibious that that way..

I cant think of a better way to celebrate 100yrs of UNC

I am not stopping now and I won't until UNC loses their first NIT game and done for the season. I don't want their issues to heel any time soon. And i sure hope the effect of this tsunami that was this seasoni carries over to next 3 or 4 years.
    Can we use a melt-down or combustion metaphor instead of tsunami?

The thought of all that baby puke blue flotsam littering the triangle area is quite unappealing.

I also had a very enjoyable time watching the unc game. Very satisfying.

Who's to say the even get a chance to lose their first NIT game. I'm wishfully hoping they lose their first game in the ACCT, and then does not even *make* the NIT

I am not stopping now and I won't until UNC loses their first NIT game and done for the season.
    I am not stopping until UNC is done for the season and AFTER Ol' Roy has his final melt-down in which he explains to the press that his players are so stupid he has to teach them not to play in traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincetaylor View Post
    Their season is basically over for all practical purposes, yet 3 of the top threads right now are all about UNC. I see no reason to talk about them anymore. We are in the most exciting part of the season for DUKE. Let's focus on us going forward. Please. I almost think it would be beneficial for the moderators to start locking all UNC related threads.
    Then don't read the threads, much less start a new one...

Why is there a small number of posters who feel the need to say what should and should not be talked about??? There are plenty of threads on the board that I am not interested in reading, take my advice as skip over them, but try to refrain from the attitude that you know what is best for the board please.

I'm not going to post about unc anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    I'm not going to post about unc anymore.
    And I'm not going to post in threads like this, because it just keeps the thread going.

Stopppppppppppppppp this madness!

i'm not going to add to this thread either...

does NOT posting about them affect their play?

then i would not...

The reason you people can't move on....

"Oh, you. You just couldn’t let me go, could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You are truly incorruptible, aren’t you? Huh? You won’t kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. And I won’t kill you because you’re just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever."

---Heath Ledger's Joker

By the way, congrats on the sweep and for the season generally.

I, for one, will continue to devote some hate (and therefore some attention) to UNC as long as they basketball left to play. They have at least one game left. I hope they get crushed and play with such lifelessness that it prompts Dean Smith to come down out of the stands in frustration and contempt and punch Roy Williams in the nose. If they do, and the NIT says, "No thanks, you suck too much for our illustrious tournament", then I'll laugh long and hard and move UNC into the "completely irrelevant" bin. But as long as they have a game left to play, I have hate left in my heart.

The reason

The reason I still want them to get an NIT bid and play one game and lose is because then they will have a losing record for the year. Otherwise, they can, for all official purposes, say they went .500 and do not have a losing record.

So, yeah, I want them to lose their first game in ACC tournament. Then get an invite to NIT and lose the first game. End of story.

Then it will go down as a losing season in NCAA record books.