Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Can you imagine the uproar if the officials had made a call like the lane violation in the KY-MSU game that put it into OT? I can't.
    It wasnt just the missed calls at the free throw line. In the second half, Mississippi St didn't even make it into the 1-and-1, until the last minute, while Kentucky was shooting two for as long as I was watching. There were several plays. You can say its "style of play" differential, but they both were playing rough and physical, and Vanardo in particular got roughed going after rebounds regularly.

Btw, I always thought I liked Cousins, and his production for UK, but this is my first game watching Kentucky, and he plays with the worst attitude I have ever seen anyone play with.

Then we might as well discuss nothing that has occurred in the past. It's going to really interesting here if we can discuss nothing but the future. (That's in response to the "What's it matter, KY won" post.)

If anything scares me about KY, I'm not sure if it's Wall or just their luck. Funny how they even had to rely on that last shot of theirs getting missed so badly that it only clipped the rim into Cousins hands. That ball takes a bounce and it's game over. Crazy. There does need to be a ref reprimand though.

Maybe I'm way off track... maybe it's Calipari's pact with Satan. That makes a lot more sense.

Ohio State

Unless the ESPN box score is wrong, they have played 6 players at this point with 10 minutes left in the game... does anyone know if they have that short of a bench normally? And how are they not exhausted? And how did they function without Turner?

Quote Originally Posted by Delaware View Post
    Unless the ESPN box score is wrong, they have played 6 players at this point with 10 minutes left in the game... does anyone know if they have that short of a bench normally? And how are they not exhausted? And how did they function without Turner?
    They play 7 guys fairly regularly. But two of those guys only play 12-15 minutes per game. Four of their starters average 33.7-36.8 minutes per game, and the fifth starter averages 25.0 mpg. So yes, they don't use their bench much at all.

With regard to how they functioned without Turner? They didn't. They went 3-3, but those three wins were against Cleveland St, Presbyterian, and Delaware St. They lost all three meaningful games in the six games Turner missed.

KY-Miss St. -- did Wall leave the foul line early?

Just caught the highlight out of the corner of my eye, and thought I saw Wall leave the stripe before the ball hit the rim. Anyone have a more accurate insight on this?

Just saw a bit of it again on SC, and I think I was wrong in the call of the question -- it wasn't Wall at the line, was it? Whoever it was, I'm wondering if anyone else had a better look at whether he left the stripe early.

Quote Originally Posted by karmacoma View Post
    Just saw a bit of it again on SC, and I think I was wrong in the call of the question -- it wasn't Wall at the line, was it? Whoever it was, I'm wondering if anyone else had a better look at whether he left the stripe early.
    We discussed this in the non-ACC tournament thread (too lazy to link). Bledsoe was at the line. Wall was not in the blocks at all. He entered the 3-point area before the ball hit the rim rather blatantly. He then proceeded to get the rebound. Should have been a lane violation, Miss. St.'s ball out of bounds and barring a miracle, game over.

Quote Originally Posted by InSpades View Post
    We discussed this in the non-ACC tournament thread (too lazy to link). Bledsoe was at the line. Wall was not in the blocks at all. He entered the 3-point area before the ball hit the rim rather blatantly. He then proceeded to get the rebound. Should have been a lane violation, Miss. St.'s ball out of bounds and barring a miracle, game over.
    Thanks! I'll find the info in that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by karmacoma View Post
    Thanks! I'll find the info in that thread.
    My bad, it was actually this thread that we discussed it.