Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Amber Henson commits to Duke

I was just informed that Amber Henson verballed to Duke. Is this true?! That would be awesome if so! Obviously, she's smarter than her big brother...

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueNikeShox View Post
    I was just informed that Amber Henson verballed to Duke. Is this true?! That would be awesome if so! Obviously, she's smarter than her big brother...
    Yep!

http://hometeam.tampabay.com/recruit...-commits-duke/

Although I don't know how smart she really is...

"But make no mistake, when he [my brother, John] plays Duke, I will definitely be sitting being the Carolina bench in light blue supporting my brother."
    Gross...

"Even though going to school with John would be great, I tried to ignore all the pressure to go there because of him and think about where I'd be most comfortable without him," Henson said. "But make no mistake, when he plays Duke, I will definitely be sitting being the Carolina bench in light blue supporting my brother."

This will need to change.

WOW! She's the #4 player in 2011. I wonder how this is going to impact Elizabeth Williams, who is the #1 player in 2011? They are different players. Elizabeth is bigger and 6'3". Amber is...a 6'4" version of her brother.

P gets her first major conference tournament title and a verbal from the #4 junior in the country on the same day!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Yep!

Although I don't know how smart she really is...

Gross...
    Maybe she can give him some table scraps every once in a while. That boy needs some kind of solid food.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeHopkins View Post
    "Even though going to school with John would be great, I tried to ignore all the pressure to go there because of him and think about where I'd be most comfortable without him," Henson said. "But make no mistake, when he plays Duke, I will definitely be sitting being the Carolina bench in light blue supporting my brother."

Let's hope she never gets to see her brother playing against Duke! If it was up to me he'd go pro after this year...

"Even though going to school with John would be great, I tried to ignore all the pressure to go there because of him and think about where I'd be most comfortable without him," Henson said. "But make no mistake, when he lays Duke, I will definitely be sitting being the Carolina bench in light blue supporting my brother."

Well there's a precedent for it, Coach P's hubby is a UNC grad....how icky is that! I think I read someplace that the first time he cooked for her he had a $4 bottle of Muscatel in the fridge and Air Supply on the stereo...good lord.

I trust Coach P has answered questions about her ability to recruit on a national scale. A little bit of hand-wringing over the fact that MSU under McCallie recruited regionally. She has the number #1 recruiting class coming to Derm next year and has sustained the momentum with the addition of Henson. Recruit? yup you could say that.

He went to UNC? I thought he was an econ professor there. If he is a Carolina grad, it doesn't surprise me; after all, he likes to bite airport security officials...

He went to UNC? I thought he was an econ professor there. If he is a Carolina grad, it doesn't surprise me; after all, he likes to bite airport security officials...
    Source: dwhoops.com

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    ... Coach P's hubby is a UNC grad....how icky is that! I think I read someplace that the first time he cooked for her he had a $4 bottle of Muscatel in the fridge and Air Supply on the stereo...good lord.
    He must have been one of the more sophisticated heels on campus!

I see a very bright future for both Basketball teams.

Can we just rescind her scholarship?

Welcome to Amber!

In terms of Duke-UNC siblings, Jeff Capel's brother played b-ball at UNC and Greg Paulus' brother played football there. Are there other examples I am forgetting?

sick talent...

wow Coach P is bringing in ridiculous talent

Amber is...a 6'4" version of her brother.
    Does that mean Coach P will have to put her on a reverse diet?
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

John Heson's Sister

commits to DUKE!

Thought this deserved it's own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    commits to DUKE!

Thought this deserved it's own thread.

She's a HS junior. He's a frosh. By the time she's a frosh, if Jon is still in school he'll be a junior, so she may sit behind his bench supporting her brother (and I can understand that, sort of - I'm sure Greg Paulus supported his little brother when he was over there), but I have my doubts. The next year, no way!

Congrats Amber, welcome and good luck on your future Duke career!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I suggest we change our identification of the Henson.

It's now Amber Henson, future Duke star, and Amber's brother, who plays at UNC.

Quote Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
    Can we just rescind her scholarship?
    I think the correct punishment should be left to the Duke WBB upperclassmen. LOL.