Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ACC Tourney

ACC Tourney

can someone post the men's acct bracket here? ESPN doesn't have it up - I think we have the winner of bc/uva

I was trying to see if there is any way we play unc again if they win one or so and i don't want to have to think through all the permutations ..lol

Full bracket is here: http://www.theacc.com/championships/...ournament.html

Only way we'd play UNC again is in the championship game. Duke plays the winner of BC-UVA at 12 PM Eastern on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by arydolphin View Post

Only way we'd play UNC again is in the championship game. Duke plays the winner of BC-UVA at 12 PM Eastern on Friday.
    tk you

win one...

Quote Originally Posted by arydolphin View Post

If Carolina wins game one then Maryland gets to put them out of their misery...still I don't really see them winning the 7-10 matchup, which would leave them at exactly .500 for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kfanarmy View Post
    If Carolina wins game one then Maryland gets to put them out of their misery...still I don't really see them winning the 7-10 matchup, which would leave them at exactly .500 for the season.
    GT really, really needs a win in the 7/10 game. Losing to UNC could very well bump them from the NCAAT. I think they'll get it done and put UNC out of their misery.

If you are going!!

Quote Originally Posted by cptnflash View Post
    GT really, really needs a win in the 7/10 game. Losing to UNC could very well bump them from the NCAAT. I think they'll get it done and put UNC out of their misery.
    Do you think they're going anyway? I really don't see how you get in at 7-9 in a relatively weak ACC.

Quote Originally Posted by VAGentleman05 View Post
    Do you think they're going anyway? I really don't see how you get in at 7-9 in a relatively weak ACC.
    The bubble this year is huge and sucks. You're telling me their resume is any worse than Florida's? Illinois's? Anyone in the Pac 10? Are we supposed to ignore Notre Dame's and UConn's oodles of losses? The rule has generally been that you don't get in by hanging your hat on one big victory, but there's so much muck out there this year that beating us stands out.

I think if GIT gets to Saturday and we don't have too many freak winners of other conference tournaments they're in.

I'm sticking with my prediction from a few weeks ago of us losing in the Semi-Finals to Wake and getting some rest for a deep run in the NCAAT.

Quote Originally Posted by GODUKEGO View Post
    ummm...why are the duke seats marked in BABY BLUE????????

that's WRONG...

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    ummm...why are the duke seats marked in BABY BLUE????????

that's WRONG...
    It shows up as a darker blue on my computer. Not true Duke blue, but not baby blue either.

Having said that, I am hopeful that the other light blue section will be sad on Thursday night and that Dukies will be there to snatch up the tickets.

We don't need rest for the NCAAs. We will beat Wake and we will have a shot to play for what the majority of us want. An ACC championship. We haven't won that yet. And I want it.

This isn't Carolina. We aren't taking part in some cocktail social this coming weekend.

AMEN!

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    We don't need rest for the NCAAs. We will beat Wake and we will have a shot to play for what the majority of us want. An ACC championship. We haven't won that yet. And I want it.

This isn't Carolina. We aren't taking part in some cocktail social this coming weekend.
    Let's GO DUKE!

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    I'm sticking with my prediction from a few weeks ago of us losing in the Semi-Finals to Wake and getting some rest for a deep run in the NCAAT.
    I see Virginia Tech beating Wake. Tech always plays us tough. Unless Purdue wins the Big 10 Tournament, which I don't see happening, even if Duke loses in the semis, we should get a #1 seed.

Actually, I think that the seedings are already decided before at least the final game. Who knows, the number 1 seeds might already have been decided.

ACC Tournament Bracket Contest

For those interested, we're running our annual ACC Tourney Bracket Contest at SCACCHoops.com...

Here are the details

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Ummm....has Coach K ever taken off the ACC Tourney, even if his players need rest? Don't think it's going to happen this time. I think, as usual, we're going to give it our all.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Ya see, K has this habit of, you know, trying to win basketball games. He seems to think that losing isn't OK.

I guess we'll just have to live with that character flaw.

I think you all have misunderstood me. I never said we would purposely lose. I just have a weird gut feeling that we will lose. I had the same feeling before Maryland (2) and NCSO. I'll be very happy if we win the game.

Duke matches up well with both of the 8/9 teams and with Va Tech and Wake. Of all those teams, Wake is the most likely to give us problems, but they have to bring their best game, which Wake hasn't done in awhile (even against Clemson yesterday). The wildcard in this half of the bracket, to me, is Aminu. If he plays to his potential (again, something he hasn't done in awhile), Wake becomes a much tougher team to beat. If Aminu is a no-show against Va Tech, look for the Hokies to win.

On the other side of the bracket, Maryland will definitely handle either Ga Tech or Carolina. I honestly think Duke took whatever life was left in the 'Holes and killed it. I don't see them getting up for a run in the tournament. Sad as it is to say, I get the feeling the Holes will actually be relieved to see this season end. If they get down to Tech, don't expect a comeback run. That being said, Hewitt definitely has the potential to somehow let his team come out flat...and as we saw against Wake, if the Holes get an early lead or hang around deep into the second half, they can actually start to play with some energy. So I'm not counting out UNC against Tech, but Maryland will beat either team.

The Thursday game that I find most interesting is Clemson/State. State has been playing much better the last 2 weeks, and Clemson wants to lock up a NCAA tournament bid. Clemson will probably win, but it's not a lock, IMHO. Either team could beat FSU on Friday...in that little corner of the bracket both the Thursday and Friday games seem like toss-ups. Would love to see State make a run to Saturday, but I doubt it. In any case, I see Maryland coming out of that side of the bracket.

So, Duke-Maryland on Sunday...rubber match for the Conference Championship? I love it. I actually hope that happens, because it would be an intense game...the two teams who shared the regular season title battling for the Championship. That would almost feel like a Duke-UNC conference championship game...that is, if Carolina didn't SUCK.

We are the defending champs

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post

I like you cherish ACC championships so I want them to win three in a row this weekend. BTW we did win last years tournament so we are the defending champs.