Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    No, Hubert isn't a 3, he is a 4. So, I didn't leave him off of any projection. Now, if Henson, Zeller, and McAdoo leave after a big season, then recruiting 2 or 3 big guys is in order, wouldn't you agree?

It seems that a lot of people are making poor assumptions when reading my posts.
    Well, let's look at what you actually said:

"End of this year we could see all of our bigs either graduate or go to the NBA, so getting 2 or 3 bigs is a higher priority seeing as how we will have PJH, JPT, and RB at the 3."

So yeah, you did leave him out, unless the meaning of "all" has changed, or you don't consider Hubert to be a "big." But since you recognize that Hubert is a 4, I don't think that is the case. Perhaps you think he will graduate in one year or go to the NBA, but that seems pretty far-fetched. Maybe you could explain how the bolded sentence doesn't leave out Hubert...I'd be interested to hear it. Anyway, I don't see a problem with reading comprehension here...just a poster who forgot a player on his own roster and then forgot to read what he actually posted before calling someone else out for commenting on it.

That said, I agree that UNC would be smart to prioritize a big over another wing. But we all know that when Duke starts recruiting a player, Ol' Roy's ego just won't let him not go for it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Well, let's look at what you actually said:

"End of this year we could see all of our bigs either graduate or go to the NBA, so getting 2 or 3 bigs is a higher priority seeing as how we will have PJH, JPT, and RB at the 3."

So yeah, you did leave him out, unless the meaning of "all" has changed, or you don't consider Hubert to be a "big." But since you recognize that Hubert is a 4, I don't think that is the case. Perhaps you think he will graduate in one year or go to the NBA, but that seems pretty far-fetched. Maybe you could explain how the bolded sentence doesn't leave out Hubert...I'd be interested to hear it. Anyway, I don't see a problem with reading comprehension here...just a poster who forgot a player on his own roster and then forgot to read what he actually posted before calling someone else out for commenting on it.
    I'm willing to give Kong the benefit of the doubt on this one. I read his original post as pertaining to their current bigs, and thus also read the prior criticisms as being directed at his not listing Hubert along with PJH, JPT, and RB. While I can now, with the benefit of bold print, see that the criticism was for overlooking Hubert when stating that "all" of their bigs could either graduate or go to the NBA, I don't think this is worthy of this much discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by AluminumDuke View Post
    I'm willing to give Kong the benefit of the doubt on this one. I read his original post as pertaining to their current bigs, and thus also read the prior criticisms as being directed at his not listing Hubert along with PJH, JPT, and RB. While I can now, with the benefit of bold print, see that the criticism was for overlooking Hubert when stating that "all" of their bigs could either graduate or go to the NBA, I don't think this is worthy of this much discussion.
    Sorry for leaving Hubert out of my original comment. I didn't mean to slight him in any way. It was an honest mistake.

Coach K has done a good enough job recently of recruiting really good players but guys who will have to develop for a few years that every year we can go for that one and done guy to try to put us over the top without it crippling us if he leaves after as year..

Quote Originally Posted by AAA1980 View Post
    Coach K has done a good enough job recently of recruiting really good players but guys who will have to develop for a few years that every year we can go for that one and done guy to try to put us over the top without it crippling us if he leaves after as year..
    Exactly, and that's why people shouldn't get bent out of shape when they do leave after one year. If Shabazz comes in and just replaces River's perceived offensive ability I'd be thrilled. Any elite talent must still earn their playing time, but if they earn it, they must play IMO.

According to a site www.rushthecourt.net, UNC has rescinded their scholarship offer to Shabazz Muhammed and he is supposedly set to announce soon that he will be attending somewhere else.

From the site:

"UNC Rescinds Shabazz Muhammad Scholarship Offer. In a surprising move, North Carolina head coach Roy Williams pulled the scholarship offer from junior small forward Shabazz Muhammad (#5) this week while at the same time offering his teammate, small forward Rosco Allen (#27). It has seemed as though Carolina was losing steam with Muhammad ever since he didn’t attend the North Carolina vs. Duke game at Chapel Hill (although a reason to why he missed it was never confirmed), and the rumor going around now is that he is close to making a commitment elsewhere. The other schools that he would be presumably choose between are Duke, Kentucky, Texas and UCLA. Muhammad is an impact player who will start from day one no matter the program he goes to since he is such a prolific scorer on the offensive end and is so athletic and versatile. He is a better scorer inside the arc than anyone else in the class of 2012 but needs to work on consistently rebounding and improving his ball-handling to become a complete player."

Here's the link to the rest of the article:

http://rushthecourt.net/2011/04/26/w...gs/#more-37236

Quote Originally Posted by dbd4ever View Post
    According to a site www.rushthecourt.net, UNC has rescinded their scholarship offer to Shabazz Muhammed and he is supposedly set to announce soon that he will be attending somewhere else.

From the site:

"UNC Rescinds Shabazz Muhammad Scholarship Offer. In a surprising move, North Carolina head coach Roy Williams pulled the scholarship offer from junior small forward Shabazz Muhammad (#5) this week while at the same time offering his teammate, small forward Rosco Allen (#27). It has seemed as though Carolina was losing steam with Muhammad ever since he didn’t attend the North Carolina vs. Duke game at Chapel Hill (although a reason to why he missed it was never confirmed), and the rumor going around now is that he is close to making a commitment elsewhere. The other schools that he would be presumably choose between are Duke, Kentucky, Texas and UCLA. Muhammad is an impact player who will start from day one no matter the program he goes to since he is such a prolific scorer on the offensive end and is so athletic and versatile. He is a better scorer inside the arc than anyone else in the class of 2012 but needs to work on consistently rebounding and improving his ball-handling to become a complete player."

This cannot be anything but GREAT news. Toss in Robocop already being on campus and things could really be shaping up in the Bazz recruitment.

From the site:

Thanks, if true a very interesting development. By all accounts Shabazz has the talent to be a high lottery pick when he decides, therefore it will be very interesting to see what happens in the new NBA CBA. Depending on what happens with the CBA, Shabazz may not even come to his chosen school if they drop the age requirements, or he may be a real asset for a team for multiple years (I have a feeling the one and done rule is over in the new CBA-they drop the requirement altogether or 2 years minimum for college).

Either way I thought UNC was really high on him and assumed it was just a matter of time...maybe Roy knows something we don't know...if it is Duke, wow!

From the site:

Well, in other news, he is apparently visiting Arizona today, according to his dad. So I think this one may be far from over. Still, wherever he ends up it wouldn't break my heart if it isn't Chapel Hill.

http://www.pointguardu.com/content/s...t-arizona-768/

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Still, wherever he ends up it wouldn't break my heart if it isn't Chapel Hill.[/URL]
    If his destination isnt Duke, ABC baby...
    Anywhere But Carolina..

According to @SummerHoopScoop:

Source: "UNC has NOT backed off Shabazz Muhammad and he has certainly not backed off them... a LOT of mutual interest."

http://twitter.com/#!/SummerHoopScoo...93173997895680

Also mentioned that he will visit Arizona next weekend

From the site:

I don't think this is a credible article. The article is based on a link that appeared last week from a source I'm not familiar with (www.chapelheels.com). There has been no change on Scout in terms of whether UNC is offering Shabazz. I'm pretty certain we are still in the running.

I think he ends up at Kentucky when it's said and done

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoHeel View Post
    I don't think this is a credible article. The article is based on a link that appeared last week from a source I'm not familiar with (www.chapelheels.com). There has been no change on Scout in terms of whether UNC is offering Shabazz. I'm pretty certain we are still in the running.
    I posted something on Saturday that mentioned a conversation with SM's father. He basically said that UNC now considered Shabazz a "luxury recruit" but it didn't mention that they had withdrawn the offer. It was also mentioned that Roscoe Allen was the focus of UNC's recruiting trips to Vegas.

I think Shabazz ends up at Kentucky or perhaps even UNLV. I have heard winning a championship was not his goal for his one year in college, so that opens up other schools like Arizona, UCLA, and UNLV.

... I think Shabazz ends up at Kentucky or perhaps even UNLV. I have heard winning a championship was not his goal for his one year in college, so that opens up other schools like Arizona, UCLA, and UNLV.
    ... and keeps unc in the mix?

I think Shabazz ends up at Kentucky or perhaps even UNLV. I have heard winning a championship was not his goal for his one year in college, so that opens up other schools like Arizona, UCLA, and UNLV.

Don't know how accurate this article is, but his father stated that he does indeed want to be able to play for a National Championship in college.

Here is the entire quote:
    "Arizona is getting the best talent in the West and that's something Shabazz has noticed," said Ron Holmes, Muhammad's father. "He wants to play for a National Championship in college and Arizona's incoming recruits are something that stand out."
    http://www.chapelheels.com/content/a...ecruitment-16/

Arizona is recruiting quite well... for a West Coast school. But, it is a solid notch or two below the REAL recruiting powers (Duke, Kentucky, UNC, Kansas, and perhaps Ohio State and Florida).

Bazz is from Las Vegas, so there may be some real pressure to stay in the Western part of the country... but if he wants to win a national title, come East! In the past decade, there has been exactly one national champion (Kansas in 2008) to come from west of the Mississippi River. There hasn't been a national champion from the Pacific Time Zone since Arizona in 1997. Bazz was barely out of diapers when the PT last won a title.

--Jason "one of our many socal Devils will probably get on me for this post-- but facts are facts" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    the REAL recruiting powers (Duke, Kentucky, UNC, Kansas, and perhaps Ohio State and Florida).
    Not to be picky, but I'm not sure I'd consider florida one of the top 6 recruiting powers in the country...the last time they had a top 10 class was 2008 (as per scout) and they are not even ranked this year. They have decent recruiting clout, but certainly nowhere near the top 4 as you mentioned or even ohio state. Florida also has not really had much success on the national scene since their title runs, certainly not the kind of success you'd expect relative to the other 5 teams you've named. They'e missed the tournament twice, went one and done once, and only this year won a game (making it to the elite 8, of course)

I personally feel that billy D had one great recruiting class that brought him 2 titles, and otherwise has generally been mediocre as a recruiter.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    There hasn't been a national champion from the Pacific Time Zone since Arizona in 1997. Bazz was barely out of diapers when the PT last won a title.

--Jason "one of our many socal Devils will probably get on me for this post-- but facts are facts" Evans
    Well I'm a transplant NorCal devil, but a quick clarification: during the winter months, most of AZ actually gets lumped into the Mountain time zone. Which I think strengthens your point

Insane Shabazz Mixtape

Some really awesome highlights from his 2010-11 season. This kid is ridiculous!

Shabazz Muhammad Mixtape 2010-11 season