Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wgl1228 View Post
    Sorry to be negative but this is going to turn into some kind of Kentucky love fest tonight. Noel and Shabazz will decide to play together and here comes the Calipari interview. Thats why hes on the show. This just seems totally concocted by ESPN.
    Quote Originally Posted by J4Kop99 View Post
    I have a similar feeling. The fact that Calipari will be appearing on the special makes me think that this has been planned for some time now.
    That's an interesting point. I highly doubt the used car salesman would make an appearance if he wasn't 100% sure that at a miniumum he wasn't going to get shut out.

Getting a garbage can ready when he claims that tonight is the biggest night in the history of basketball or some other such nonsense.

I'm stalking this thread...like a panther...who is stalking.

I was told Bazz and his family came to a decision two nights ago. Could be the case, could not be.

I expect that they are holding off telling the coaches until just before the announcement. As long as they don't find out on tv like the rest of us, I don't see anything wrong with holding off. I'm sure ESPN has asked them to so their decisions aren't leaked out.

hope a hope a hope a hope a he comes to duke....but good luck to him regardless...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    I was told Bazz and his family came to a decision two nights ago. Could be the case, could not be.

I expect that they are holding off telling the coaches until just before the announcement. As long as they don't find out on tv like the rest of us, I don't see anything wrong with holding off. I'm sure ESPN has asked them to so their decisions aren't leaked out.
    I agree. The courteous thing is to talk to the coaches before the announcement, but there's no obligation to tell them instantly. And of course ESPN would want to reduce the risk of leaks, or there would be no reason for people to watch their show.

What time is this announcement? I will probably be watching some baseball but want to tone in.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    I agree. The courteous thing is to talk to the coaches before the announcement, but there's no obligation to tell them instantly. And of course ESPN would want to reduce the risk of leaks, or there would be no reason for people to watch their show.
    Hopelessly optimistic sucker that I am, I may actually tune in.

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    What time is this announcement? I will probably be watching some baseball but want to tone in.
    The show is slated for 7:30-9 EDT, but normally during these shows, they get the announcements in early-ish. I'd expect to know by 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    The show is slated for 7:30-9 EDT, but normally during these shows, they get the announcements in early-ish. I'd expect to know by 8.
    Bazz 745pm. Nerlens (if you're interested) 845pm.

1) hope Bazz comes to Duke
    2) if not, I hope both choose ABK

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    That's an interesting point. I highly doubt the used car salesman would make an appearance if he wasn't 100% sure that at a miniumum he wasn't going to get shut out.

Getting a garbage can ready when he claims that tonight is the biggest night in the history of basketball or some other such nonsense.
    If ESPN is so intent on limiting any leaks and maximizing the suspense of the announcements, why would they put Cal on the show (and make it public) if it was known to them or him beforehand that he would be getting at least one of the recruits? It's not a subtle observation folks are making - it's a bit too obvious a connection to make. The more interesting and artful thing to do would be to put him on there as a red herring with both recruits going elsewhere. The most likely situation however is that he's on there but nobody knows what he's getting if anything.

Could Be Connected?

If they made the decision two nights ago, it could be affected by K's visit... positive or... It's hard to believe that: if K believed Bazz was still undecided - that he couldn't mke a great last minute case...

Quote Originally Posted by dukedoc View Post
    If ESPN is so intent on limiting any leaks and maximizing the suspense of the announcements, why would they put Cal on the show (and make it public) if it was known to them or him beforehand that he would be getting at least one of the recruits? It's not a subtle observation folks are making - it's a bit too obvious a connection to make. The more interesting and artful thing to do would be to put him on there as a red herring with both recruits going elsewhere. The most likely situation however is that he's on there but nobody knows what he's getting if anything.
    Maybe he is on there because he just coached the team that one the national title and did it with a team made of freshmen and sophomores and they want to get his insight on what the night holds for the youngsters and the coaches that are waiting on their decision.

Quote Originally Posted by dukedoc View Post
    From what I understand there are multiple coaches on the show. Just like there have been in years past. Calipari is a great recruiter. Of course he would be invited to a signing day special.

From what I understand there are multiple coaches on the show. Just like there have been in years past. Calipari is a great recruiter. Of course he would be invited to a signing day special.
    This makes much more sense rather than the conspiracy theory that the program has been designed to be a KY love fest. Thanks for the clarity.

He also has a few players signed already, so I'm sure they will talk to him about those prospects as well.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

I'll be the lone contrarian: I don't care whether players tell every coach for whom they aren't going to play of their decision before announcing it publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDevil View Post
    Maybe he is on there because he just coached the team that one the national title and did it with a team made of freshmen and sophomores and they want to get his insight on what the night holds for the youngsters and the coaches that are waiting on their decision.
    Or they want to make sure they've got him on camera in case there's a repeat of the Terrence Jones debacle from 2010. How priceless would it be to see Cal excuse himself to make a phone call if Noel or Bazz if one or both announce somewhere other than Kentucky and see the exchange live?

Regardless if Bazz chooses Duke (and I'm very dubious), when has a televised deal like this ever been a good idea?

Ask LeBron and the Black Pigeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Buckner Fan View Post
    Regardless if Bazz chooses Duke (and I'm very dubious), when has a televised deal like this ever been a good idea?

Ask LeBron and the Black Pigeon.
    I agree, but I'm afraid (I must admit) I'll like it tonight a bit more if he chooses Duke...

i don't begrudge the kid his big announcement....i just hope it's duke....and if it's not...well, then...bummer...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese