Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deadhead_dukie View Post
    So is it known that Noels AND Bazz will both go to the same school?
    The only school they have in common is UK, so it's possible but not "known" at all.

Noel is a strong chance of going to Georgetown or Syracuse. Georgetown is known for developing big men like Greg Monroe, Patrick Ewing, Alonzo Mourning.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    If I see a row of hats representing the schools lined up, my eyes will roll.
    Wait a minute, I thought you said you weren't watching?

shabazz and noels

Quote Originally Posted by deadhead_dukie View Post
    So is it known that Noels AND Bazz will both go to the same school?
    Absolutely not ... it's possible, but definitely not a lock.

In fact, as of now -- just over six hours before we learn -- the consensus is the Shabazz will pick UCLA and Noels will pick Kentucky.

No one knows ... although Evan Daniels apparently just tweeted that he would be "shocked" if Shabazz doesn't commit to UCLA. On the Ketucky boards FWIW, they seem to be pessimisstic about getting Muhammand, but confident of landing Noels.

Quote Originally Posted by sterling View Post
    Noel is a strong chance of going to Georgetown or Syracuse. Georgetown is known for developing big men like Greg Monroe, Patrick Ewing, Alonzo Mourning.
    Well, if you're having to go back 25-30 years to bring up big men (who were coached by a different coaching staff, though it was headed by a guy with the same name), it's probably not a good point of reference. I mean, Coach K has developed Brand, Boozer, Williams, and Laettner.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Absolutely not ... it's possible, but definitely not a lock.

In fact, as of now -- just over six hours before we learn -- the consensus is the Shabazz will pick UCLA and Noels will pick Kentucky.

No one knows ... although Evan Daniels apparently just tweeted that he would be "shocked" if Shabazz doesn't commit to UCLA. On the Ketucky boards FWIW, they seem to be pessimisstic about getting Muhammand, but confident of landing Noels.
    It's "Noel" not "Noels". Nerlens Noel. Other than that, I agree. Not a lock that both guys go to the same school. Noel is linked to Kentucky, Syracuse, and Georgetown. Muhammad is linked to UCLA, Kentucky, and Duke. I'd guess UCLA gets Muhammad and Kentucky gets Noel. But we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by gwlaw99 View Post
    I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on how Shabazz committing to Duke will affect the playing time of other players such as Murphy, Gbinije, Curry, Dawkins and Sulaimon. Whose minutes does he take?
    He takes his minutes.

With a new team and a new year, especially coming off of a first round NCAA loss, I don't think those minutes are grandfathered in to anyone.

Kentucky

I read last night on the Kentucky board that Calipari was confirmed to be on the announcement special. Has anyone else heard this? I don't expect bazz to come to Duke, although it would be a great surprise if he did. I wouldn't think Calipari would commit to being on the show if he thought there was a chance that both would reject UK. Anyway, I will take it as a win if both did go anywhere but UK.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    It's "Noel" not "Noels". Nerlens Noel. Other than that, I agree. Not a lock that both guys go to the same school. Noel is linked to Kentucky, Syracuse, and Georgetown. Muhammad is linked to UCLA, Kentucky, and Duke. I'd guess UCLA gets Muhammad and Kentucky gets Noel. But we'll see.
    Dont be so sure. Noel is HIGH on Georgetown...

Any news on Bazz? Any leaks or info on where he is going? or are we all going to have to wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Chill View Post
    Any news on Bazz? Any leaks or info on where he is going? or are we all going to have to wait?
    No worries... he's got the Duke letter on top.

Here's the twitter feed if you search for "Shabazz". Worth a quick scroll.

https://twitter.com/#!/search/Shabazz

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Wait a minute, I thought you said you weren't watching?
    No, I wont watch. I'll just check twitter about that time. Fortunately I was having blood drawn when Barnes skyped his announcement, so I got to miss that one too.

By now, I would think Bazz has contacted all the coaches to let them know his intentions right or not?

I'm all for trying to take a guess at where a recruit might end up, but that's about it. I don't care to watch these kid's decisions on live tv. Amazing that grown men and women are obsessive over a couple 17-18 year old kids decision to play basketball.

By now, I would think Bazz has contacted all the coaches to let them know his intentions right or not?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Nope.
    Not quite. Shabazz rejected Roy Williams a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKESJ73 View Post
    I read last night on the Kentucky board that Calipari was confirmed to be on the announcement special. Has anyone else heard this? I don't expect bazz to come to Duke, although it would be a great surprise if he did. I wouldn't think Calipari would commit to being on the show if he thought there was a chance that both would reject UK. Anyway, I will take it as a win if both did go anywhere but UK.
    Yeah, cuz it would be so BENEATH HIM for Cal to commit to being on the signing show to exert last-minute pressure on a kid whose decision is going down to the wire... He'd NEVER do something like that!

Recruit: "Uh, hi coach. Good to see you on the set like this... (turning to the TV audience) But I've decided to go somewhere else...(looks down, shuffles feet)"

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Not quite. Shabazz rejected Roy Williams a year ago.
    LOL
    AHH that made my day a whole lot better

Quote Originally Posted by jimrowe0 View Post
    Looks like they had to make some room for their new recruits at UCLA.

http://news.yahoo.com/nearly-900-wro...054640543.html
    If UCLA signs 900 basketball players, I think an investigation by the NCAA is in order.