Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ACCBBallFan View Post
    I knew Duke might have to play small if Mason goes pro. Must be why coach K is bringing his big-man coach to the in-house
    Wojo is Bazz' primary recruiter and has been the whole time.

Anybody else see a weird symbolism in his final 3 that seems interesting? He has the coach with the most wins, the school with the most wins and the school with the most championships. I wonder if he thought this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gthoma2a View Post
    Anybody else see a weird symbolism in his final 3 that seems interesting? He has the coach with the most wins, the school with the most wins and the school with the most championships. I wonder if he thought this out.
    Or perhaps he's just looking at schools where basketball is king - not football...

He's on at the Nike Hoops Summit. It is on Fox Sports. If it isn't live, I apologize. It is the first time I have seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gthoma2a View Post
    He's on at the Nike Hoops Summit. It is on Fox Sports. If it isn't live, I apologize. It is the first time I have seen it.
    Oh, it's live. --sage

Here is a decent article on Bazz being far and away the most "NBA ready" of any kid at the Hoop Summit.

There’s a perception that UCLA is the front-runner. The 2012 Naismith Boys High School Player of the Year said don’t believe it.

“Kentucky is up there,” said Muhammad, who averaged 29.4 points and 10.1 rebounds this past season. “How can you not be attracted to Kentucky? They are run-and-gun.

“With Duke, Coach K and they have [U.S. teammate] Rasheed [Sulaimon] coming in and a real good recruiting class. The rumors are going to always consume. But I’m just going to look at the schools I really like which is Duke, Kentucky and UCLA and go from there.”
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Wojo is Bazz' primary recruiter and has been the whole time.
    Yes, more evidence that Wojo is more than just Duke's big man coach.

Seems to me the assistant with the best close rate is Collins, but I have not researched it to verify.

Duke's in-home

Well, my understanding is that K's in-home with Bazz and his famkily ended 4-5 hours ago.

I can't believe in this day and age that no reaction has leaked on twitter, facebook or some oer blog. Did it go well? Was Roy waiting outside to sneak in when K left? Did Wojo get up in his face?

I didn't expect a commitment or rejection -- Muhammad will do that on ESPN Wednesday night -- but I thought there would be SOME reaction.

i know we'd all like to get some good news...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

I have a good feeling about this for some reason...

Quote Originally Posted by muzikfrk75 View Post
    I have a good feeling about this for some reason...
    Maybe because you know that no matter how this turns out, Duke will be in great shape going into next season?

Wait... that's just crazy talk. If we miss on Shabazz we're doomed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jderf View Post
    Maybe because you know that no matter how this turns out, Duke will be in great shape going into next season?

Wait... that's just crazy talk. If we miss on Shabazz we're doomed!!!
    LOL...I just don't see him going to UCLA. It doesn't make sense to me...but hey, teenagers don't make sense sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by muzikfrk75 View Post
    LOL...I just don't see him going to UCLA. It doesn't make sense to me...but hey, teenagers don't make sense sometimes...
    Maybe he's a big Run DMC fan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA8DsUN6g_k

Shabazz is still torn

@AdamZagoria: "After meeting over wknd w/ Coach Cal & Coach K, @phenom15balla remains torn about his decision among UCLA, UK & Duke, source tells @SNYtv"

Quite a Tea Leaf

This is quite an interesting tweet

Dave Telep‏ @DaveTelep

With so many announcements on the verge, pay attention to details. For example if UK begins turning up heat on secondary targets.

Quote Originally Posted by cbnaylor View Post
    @AdamZagoria: "After meeting over wknd w/ Coach Cal & Coach K, @phenom15balla remains torn about his decision among UCLA, UK & Duke, source tells @SNYtv"
    I wonder if Coach Cal would pressure Bazz into choosing UK if Bazz verbally commits to another school a la Terrence Jones? Unfairly or not, I don't trust Cal to give up on Bazz until he officially signs a LOI with another school; and even then, that might not be enough to get Cal to go away....

Quote Originally Posted by dukedoc View Post
    This is quite an interesting tweet

Dave Telep‏ @DaveTelep

With so many announcements on the verge, pay attention to details. For example if UK begins turning up heat on secondary targets.
    Interesting point.

On a practical level, I can't imagine there's much in the way of decent secondary targets left.
    If the Wildcats do indeed whiff on these top guys, I don't know what would be Plan B. JuCo?

My guess is that KY will end up with most of what they want...unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Interesting point.

On a practical level, I can't imagine there's much in the way of decent secondary targets left.
    If the Wildcats do indeed whiff on these top guys, I don't know what would be Plan B. JuCo?

My guess is that KY will end up with most of what they want...unfortunately.
    I would think the primary targets for UK are Bazz, Bennett and Norlene and secondary targets would include Jefferson and Parker. JMO

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by cbnaylor View Post
    So does this mean, that this time it was Calipari sitting in the car outside with a Kentucky #40 jersey with "Muhhamed" on the back, instead of Ol Roy, and Cal was just waiting on K to leave so he could run in and snap a quick photo?

Why are these guys so scared to let K have visit with a recruit by himself, while they are not around?

I half kid, but it does seem odd that when we hear about K having a final visit with a top recruit, an opposing coach is lurking nearby and waiting to run in and meet with the kid themselves. Maybe it is common practice for multiple coaches to have their final visits with the same kid on the same day, but it does seem a bit odd...

if call can convince him that he's the final piece to another championship team, that's got to look attractive to him...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese