Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    But neither of those guys came to Duke. It's almost like claiming that we should include Barnes and John Wall as ours simply cuz we recruited them right up to the end. Still, your overall point is valid, we recruited a great amount of talent throughout that time.
    Livingston and Humphries each committed to Duke. Coach K successfully recruited each.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Livingston and Humphries each committed to Duke. Coach K successfully recruited each.
    Does Billy Donovan get credit for Austin Rivers then?

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    Does Billy Donovan get credit for Austin Rivers then?
    IIRC, Livingston and Humphries both actually signed with Duke. Humphries was released from his letter of intent, and Livingston went pro. Totally different from a sophomore year oral commitment like Austin and Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    IIRC, Livingston and Humphries both actually signed with Duke. Humphries was released from his letter of intent, and Livingston went pro. Totally different from a sophomore year oral commitment like Austin and Florida.
    To me, Livingston is a totally different case. He chose Duke but decided to go pro (very) early.

Humphries ended up going to a different college, never coming to Duke. I'd not count that as a recruiting success.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    To me, Livingston is a totally different case. He chose Duke but decided to go pro (very) early.

Humphries ended up going to a different college, never coming to Duke. I'd not count that as a recruiting success.
    Not to belabor the point but it is very different. Both players actually signed with Duke as Kedsy and others pointed out. K basically showed Humphries the door once pops started weighing in on the younger Humphries role and position on the team.

So both were actually successfully recruited, but then circumstances changed. One went to the NBA, and the other basically transferred before his freshman season.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Not to belabor the point but it is very different. Both players actually signed with Duke as Kedsy and others pointed out. K basically showed Humphries the door once pops started weighing in on the younger Humphries role and position on the team.

So both were actually successfully recruited, but then circumstances changed. One went to the NBA, and the other basically transferred before his freshman season.
    Ugh, sorry... didn't want to start a firestorm.

Let's just agree that we almost had Humphries and UK almost had Enes Kanter??

Quote Originally Posted by turnandburn55 View Post
    Ugh, sorry... didn't want to start a firestorm.

Let's just agree that we almost had Humphries and UK almost had Enes Kanter??
    Agree and, if Shabazz wears Duke Blue next year it's all a wash!

... if Shabazz wears Duke Blue next year...
    Don't hold your breath. You might have a better chance of suiting up for Coach K. Hate to type this, but I don't think there's ANY way he comes to Duke. I think he's bound for the slimy wildcats; he's just waiting for the decks to clear in horseland.

Quote Originally Posted by WiJoe View Post
    Don't hold your breath. You might have a better chance of suiting up for Coach K. Hate to type this, but I don't think there's ANY way he comes to Duke. I think he's bound for the slimy wildcats; he's just waiting for the decks to clear in horseland.
    Stranger things have happened. Not holding my breath, but not giving up hope until Duke is eliminated. As of now, he is down to 3, and Duke is still in the running. Not every one and done kid sees Kentucky as the only place to play. Austin Rivers chose Duke over Kentucky.

We will know in about 9 days or I guess...

What if

Quote Originally Posted by WiJoe View Post
    Cal ran off to the NBA again since they just won a national title I would say that he is more likely to do that now than a month ago.

Shabazz the man, Amile and T Parker. We have are chance at bat. Hope we hit the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by G man View Post
    Cal ran off to the NBA again since they just won a national title I would say that he is more likely to do that now than a month ago.
    When does the NBA regular season end? Muhammad could decide on UK and Calipari could be gone in May or June.

The poor Ky players. Next year they have to take a pay cut. If MJ were smarter he'd take Cal and A.D. In a package deal like the year Ewing somehow wound up on the Knicks.

Wonder how Poytheress feels about the idea of Shabazz possibly heading to UK...wasn't a big part of his recruitment IIRC him wanting to play the 3 spot and not PF...If UK lands Shabazz is he going to be on board w/ sliding over to the 4?

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDevil View Post
    When does the NBA regular season end? Muhammad could decide on UK and Calipari could be gone in May or June.
    I'm sure Calipari would have Shabazz (or any other recruit for that matter) sign an aid form rather than a letter of intent so that if Calipari leaves, it's easier for the recruit to go somewhere else. He did it with Brandon Knight last year and I wouldn't be surprised to see him do it again. It somewhat undermines the idea that a recruit commits to a school and not a coach, but I think it's a decent move on Calipari's part.

Quote Originally Posted by dcdevil2009 View Post
    I'm sure Calipari would have Shabazz (or any other recruit for that matter) sign an aid form rather than a letter of intent so that if Calipari leaves, it's easier for the recruit to go somewhere else. He did it with Brandon Knight last year and I wouldn't be surprised to see him do it again. It somewhat undermines the idea that a recruit commits to a school and not a coach, but I think it's a decent move on Calipari's part.
    They should probably close that loophole. In fact, the NCAA should hire Calipari as a special advisor to close any loopholes that game the system, since he's mastered it.

Stranger things have happened. Not holding my breath, but not giving up hope until Duke is eliminated. As of now, he is down to 3, and Duke is still in the running. Not every one and done kid sees Kentucky as the only place to play. Austin Rivers chose Duke over Kentucky.
    Austin may have had problems getting enough playing time at KY this year. He wouldn't have been one of their top 3 players, and possibly would not have been a starter there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    Austin may have had problems getting enough playing time at KY this year. He wouldn't have been one of their top 3 players, and possibly would not have been a starter there.
    Seriously? He probably would have led the team in scoring...

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    Oh, he'd have started. He'd have played the SG spot ahead of either Lamb or Miller. And he'd have thrived in Calipari's "dribble drive" (read: isolation) offense. It's true that he'd have been their 4th best player. But he'd have started and played really well there.

Do you guys think we will be preseason top 5 if we get Shabazz?