Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    [/B]

??? I think Cook passed on Roy would be more accurate. I think you may be giving ol Roy a little too much credit here.
    Yeah, that's more accurate. Shabazz and Purvis could find room at Duke. Bazz is being recruited as a SF and Purvis a combo guard. With expected departures and not adding any recruits to the 2013 team we'd be looking at a lineup like this:

PG: SO Cook, JR TT
    SG: SR Curry
    SF: SR Dawkins, SO Gbinije
    PF: JR Hairston
    C: SR Kelly, SO MP3

There's space for five guys. I'm guessing we'd take four. A combo, a SF (Dawkins could play SG too), a PF, and a big.

I guess it's possible Curry could bounce early too as he'd be a 5th year senior. That would make the need for a combo guard even greater...

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Yeah, that's more accurate. Shabazz and Purvis could find room at Duke. Bazz is being recruited as a SF and Purvis a combo guard. With expected departures and not adding any recruits to the 2013 team we'd be looking at a lineup like this:

PG: SO Cook, JR TT
    SG: SR Curry
    SF: SR Dawkins, SO Gbinije
    PF: JR Hairston
    C: SR Kelly, SO MP3

There's space for five guys. I'm guessing we'd take four. A combo, a SF (Dawkins could play SG too), a PF, and a big.

I guess it's possible Curry could bounce early too as he'd be a 5th year senior. That would make the need for a combo guard even greater...
    It's going to be fascinating to see how things shake out. There is a ton of overlap in the class of 2012 between Duke-Carolina - Murphy, Shabazz, Purvis, Tokoto, and I suspect we'll overlap with some PF/Cs as it will be an area of need for both programs.

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    It's going to be fascinating to see how things shake out. There is a ton of overlap in the class of 2012 between Duke-Carolina - Murphy, Shabazz, Purvis, Tokoto, and I suspect we'll overlap with some PF/Cs as it will be an area of need for both programs.
    Oh absolutely. Grant Jerrett, Cameron Ridley, Brandon Ashley, Amile Jefferson, etc. There are only so many elite guys out there and so many elite programs. Thing is, we seem to have some momentum these days while 2 days from now will mark the one year anniversary that UNC got a scholarship level recruit...

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but..

Shabazz New Diary:

http://www.highschoolhoop.com/hsh-di...orth-carolina/

Looks like a slight favorite towards the other blue, but I'm sure a different story once he visits.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanAssassin View Post
    Don't know if this has been posted yet, but..

Shabazz New Diary:

http://www.highschoolhoop.com/hsh-di...orth-carolina/

Looks like a slight favorite towards the other blue, but I'm sure a different story once he visits.
    The best quote from Shabazz: "They basically said that there’s a lot of freedom in the offense and Coach Williams pointed out how they push the ball. He told me that the last thing he wants to do is set up a play. He just wants to run."

I guess many UNC fans are correct in thinking part of their teams' problem is that their offense becomes stagnant when they are slowed down because they are not prepared in their half-court offense. But I guess that is what many of the top prospects want to hear.

Bazz has a new diary coming up shortly and list his leaders as ucla, Duke, UK

Here is a clip to pass the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9F9N...e_gdata_player

Quote Originally Posted by jimrowe0 View Post
    Bazz has a new diary coming up shortly and list his leaders as ucla, Duke, UK

Here is a clip to pass the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9F9N...e_gdata_player
    Carolina will be hating it if he's dropped them.

Which is okay with me.

I try not to follow recruiting too closely, but those who should be at Dule end up at Duke.

Shabazz, you know who we are and you know what we do. If you are interested, we'd love to have you.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

I try not to follow recruiting too closely, but those who should be at Dule end up at Duke.
    And yet, we seem to do okay with those kids who should have gone to Dule...

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Dule Hill played Charlie Young, the West Wing version of Reggie Love. I assumed OPK was just making an oblique reference to Duke that way.

Sorry, a scrivener's error when translating from the Ancient Sanscrit Scroll. A thousand pardons, please.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTurkey View Post
    Dule Hill played Charlie Young, the West Wing version of Reggie Love. I assumed OPK was just making an oblique reference to Duke that way.
    Psych!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTurkey View Post
    If by "oblique" you mean accidental and unintended, you hit the nail on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by jimrowe0 View Post
    Not that it means anything, but it'd be hard to find a more positive diary for Duke (Lots of pro-Duke talk, we're in his top 3, UNC's not).

Of course, it doesn't mean anything but still.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Of course, it doesn't mean anything but still.
    It means that dressing up star recruits in banana suits isn't necessarily a good recruiting tool. Apparently Late Night with Ol'Roy isn't as persuasive as say, any other time with Coach K.

BOOSH! Take that Kerlina!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlestonDevil View Post
    It means that dressing up star recruits in banana suits isn't necessarily a good recruiting tool.
    I don't know. Some obviously find it a-peel-ing.

Austin Rivers will join Shabazz Muhammad for the Duke v. UVA game this weekend. Hola.

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    Austin Rivers will join Shabazz Muhammad for the Duke v. UVA game this weekend. Hola.
    Austin! Shabazz, let us show you the True Blue Love!

Psych!
    Dule... Duke... I've heard it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieTiger View Post
    Dule... Duke... I've heard it both ways.
    Shawn, you have not heard it both ways.