Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    Austin Rivers will join Shabazz Muhammad for the Duke v. UVA game this weekend. Hola.
    Should be a good time to see Duke play, coming off a loss.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    Austin Rivers will join Shabazz Muhammad for the Duke v. UVA game this weekend. Hola.
    "Sell, Austin , Sell!!! Sell, Austin, sell!!!"

I really like hearing AR will be here to help with the sales pitch. Hearing it from the #1 player in the class before yours really has to make an impact.

Also from the diary link, you have to love all of the Duke attention. Put it this way, while it is nowhere near firm/final, if all I ever saw about the kid was that most recent diary entry, well, I'd obviously expect him to head to Durham in the end.

Also from the diary:
    Mike and I talk about Kentucky, too. He’s trying to get me to come there and Austin Rivers is trying to get me to come to Duke. He’s always been recruiting me hard to Duke. Then Quincy Miller is recruiting me to Baylor, too. They’re definitely recruiting me the hardest amongst 2011 guys for sure.
    One thing is certain, he won't be hearing anything pro-Kerlina from Quincy Miller either... and anyone can point out that we were also a QM finalist of sorts as well.

Good to get the first Official too. Now, let's put on a good show for him Saturday! (With that name, there HAVE to be some creative cheers coming from the Crazies.)

Quote Originally Posted by -bdbd View Post
    Good to get the first Official too.
    Can't take officials until your senior year.

So???? Any word on how the 'bazz visit went? Didn't see much of him in the TV coverage. Any sightings?

Shabazz Visit

The #1 recruit in the 2012 class visits the UVA game and we do not hear anything from our experts on the board. Does anyone have any info they can share as to how he felt about his trip and the atmosphere inside Cameron? Or do we have to wait for his next diary?

On his twitter he posted:

Duke was really fun went to the game then got to chill with @ NdotSmitty great experience !!!!!
    The Terrapin Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevil114 View Post
    The #1 recruit in the 2012 class visits the UVA game and we do not hear anything from our experts on the board. Does anyone have any info they can share as to how he felt about his trip and the atmosphere inside Cameron? Or do we have to wait for his next diary?

On his twitter he posted:

Duke was really fun went to the game then got to chill with @ NdotSmitty great experience !!!!!
    I think you answered your own question. We almost never hear anything after a visit except "it was fun."

On a Shabazz-related note, did anyone watch him play today? How did he do?

Quote Originally Posted by FireOgilvie View Post
    I think you answered your own question. We almost never hear anything after a visit except "it was fun."

On a Shabazz-related note, did anyone watch him play today? How did he do?
    Shabazz had 28 points today but his team lost.
    The Terrapin Assassin

tv right now

Shabazz Muhammad and Bishop Gorman on ESPN 2 right now [well, as soon as StMary's v. Loyola M is over], 10:00 Sat night, 2/5.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    Shabazz Muhammad and Bishop Gorman on ESPN 2 right now [well, as soon as StMary's v. Loyola M is over], 10:00 Sat night, 2/5.
    The game's also on ESPN3 for those who are intested. Bishop Gorman leads by one at half, but both teams are struggling offensively (score is 19-18).

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    after starting slow (1 of 5, the one on a dunk), bazz finished with 9 at the half. couple of nice pull-ups. fouled twice on drives into the lane. 3-4 from line.

Bazz exploded for 22 in the 2nd half to help Bishop Gorman pull off the upset. He had 31 for the game...10-22 from the field, 10-11 from the line

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    Bazz exploded for 22 in the 2nd half to help Bishop Gorman pull off the upset. He had 31 for the game...10-22 from the field, 10-11 from the line
    Watched part of the game, and it's easy to see why Steve Donahue loves Ryan Anderson. He could end up as a bigger version of Jared Dudley. Perfect for BC's system.

ESPN has brief write-up on Shabazz's play over the weekend:

"Muhammad had his full arsenal on display during his 31-point outing against previously-unbeaten Long Beach Poly. The chiseled left-hander is potent in the open court where he attacks the rim with a vengeance. In the half-court set he is very comfortable utilizing a two-dribble pull up where he gets great elevation. Within 15 feet of the basket, he is virtually unstoppable at this level and his competitive nature is contagious. He has a knack for scoring in tight spaces where he just elevates over the defense and his touch is remarkably smooth. His ballhandling (while being pressured) is still shaky and he needs to continue to extend the range on his shot, but we're nitpicking here."

Entire article:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=6098228

New Diary

Shabazz has a new diary and our Duke recruits (Alex and Rasheed) have been recruiting hard!

http://highschoolhoop.com/hsh-diary/...-messed-up-too

If Duke does not get Shabazz then I would not mind him going out West. Our chances probably are not great with all the talent coming through the doors. Shabazz is a kid that is going to want to start from day one. Not that he would not at Duke but he would definitely have to earn it in Durham.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2011...hammad-gorman/
    The Terrapin Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevil114 View Post
    Shabazz is a kid that is going to want to start from day one. Not that he would not at Duke but he would definitely have to earn it in Durham.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2011...hammad-gorman/
    This is not necessarily true. For tobacco road examples, you need not go further back than Marvin Williams and Corey Maggette. Playing time may factor into his decision, and that is understandable, but there are cases of top talents joining loaded teams and becoming 6th men. Both of these examples got a chance to play in the title game, as well, which is quite an experience. Shabazz might relish the opportunity to join a stacked Duke team, even if it means there's a possibility he plays the role of 6th man.

Viewing...

Word on the street is that Coach K is checking out Shabazz today...

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    Word on the street is that Coach K is checking out Shabazz today...
    I hope not. Recruiting period was over yesterday. Both he and Wojo were in Vegas along with a slew of other coaches then.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    I hope not. Recruiting period was over yesterday. Both he and Wojo were in Vegas along with a slew of other coaches then.
    What a difference a day makes....

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    What a difference a day makes....
    Yeah, only 24 little hours...