Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
I'd almost rather be dragged along at this point to make me feel like we are still having a legitimate, late in the game shot at guys like Shabazz. LeBron, give the kid a call and tell him to come play for K, you too Kobe. This is really adding nothing and I apologize, it just seems that the best parts of my life revolve around the upcoming decisions of 18 year olds. Priorities right?

Hey Shabazz, come to Duke.
Agreed, maybe we could get Kevin Love to call him too. He's played almost as much for Coach K as he has for Howland and I remember hearing either him or someone else talk about the big part Love's time with K and USA basketball played in the leap he's made the past couple years. [Of course this is all hypothetical and in a world with none of the NCAA recruiting rules]

I don't think we can read anything negative into this dragging out. People have made the comment a few times that if he honestly prefers Duke, why hasn't he committed. The other side of that is if actually prefers UCLA or Kentucky, why wouldn't he have committed to one of them. He's probably leaning toward one of the three, but perhaps he really hasn't made a decision. Based on what I've read about Shabazz and heard in his interviews, he seems more Kobe than LeBron and wants to win on both the team and individual levels. The Kentucky model might give him the best chance to win an NCAA title next year, but if he can lead Duke or UCLA to a title he's got the chance to be more than just another one and done. Granted Carmelo Anthony was a year before the one and done rule, but I guarantee in a few years, casual fans are going to remember him taking Syracuse all the way more than any of Calipari's one and dones. And, since Syracuse is out of it, why not use some USA basketball connections and have Melo, the only one and done I can think of to win a national title and to play for Coach K, call up Bazz and tell him about it?