Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    Cal sounds a little like he doesn't think he is going to get Bazz in the interview (or maybe Nerlens for that matter). "If you're not all in, you don't need to come to Kentucky!" He also said that he never feels like he needs to pressure a player (Terrence Jones comes to mind). I don't want to buy it about UCLA. They SUCKED this year, and they are getting the best recruit in the nation? UGH!

Quote Originally Posted by Gthoma2a View Post
    Cal sounds a little like he doesn't think he is going to get Bazz in the interview. "If you're not all in, you don't need to come to Kentucky!" He also said that he never feels like he needs to pressure a player (Terrence Jones comes to mind).
    Well, Shabazz already gave him his answer, so I would hope Cal would know by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Well, Shabazz already gave him his answer, so I would hope Cal would know by now.
    Yeah, but he isn't even giving the sense of confidence that you would expect him to project.

Bazz sounded very poised and articulate in his interview. Noel did too. They both seem like good kids.

Oh well, next play! Looking forward to seeing Murphy and G in action. And the best of success to Shabazz.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    Our very own Airowe broke the news.

Shabazz to UCLA.

Next play(er).
    Assuming this is right, which I guess we will know in about 30 seconds, it makes sense in one way--if he has been, as many have thought, a UCLA lean, it's logical he'd have in-home visits with both Calipari and K over the last weekend--sort of a "give me your best shot one more time" idea, to see if either could sway him. I'm a little surprised, though, that he would go to UCLA in terms of media exposure.

I can't believe that UCLA, with all of the turmoil and bad press surrounding that program, can lock up the #1 recruit. The guy must really love Los Angeles.

I am sick... We will not be near the top next year (from my outlook). I just don't think we can score consistently. Hopefully we can be at the top of the ACC. Best of luck to Bazz.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Assuming this is right, which I guess we will know in about 30 seconds, it makes sense in one way--if he has been, as many have thought, a UCLA lean, it's logical he'd have in-home visits with both Calipari and K over the last weekend--sort of a "give me your best shot one more time" idea, to see if either could sway him. I'm a little surprised, though, that he would go to UCLA in terms of media exposure.
    I agree but him being from Las Vegas, perhaps he thinks they get better exposure than they do. I know I didn't see one Pac12 game in the East. Granted UCLA will probably be a top 10-15 team now which will be better than the Pac12 for the past 2-3 years but that is surprising from a guy seemingly looking for exposure.

UCLA--there is it. Gotta say I like this kid; he seems thoughtful and polite. I hope this works out for him.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    He won't have any pressure at UCLA. Weak conference, little TV exposure. With what they have coming back how good is UCLA next year?

I am sick... We will not be near the top next year. Hopefully we can be at the top of the ACC. Best of luck to Bazz.
    Feel free to not watch, but I'm very excited about next year.

Consolation

Well, he said he'll still be rooting for Duke.

Best of luck dunking on everybody in the Pac-12.

I wasn't watching but did he give an explanation as to why he chose UCLA over Kentucky & Duke?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichabod Drain View Post
    Feel free to not watch, but I'm very excited about next year.
    I will watch, but I think we will have serious scoring problems/lack of the combo of athleticism with the handle to take it to the rim.

Seems like all I heard him say was coaching/being comfortable with the coach, if that's the case how could he not choose duke, ugh time for a Jabari parker thread?

Quote Originally Posted by J4Kop99 View Post
    I wasn't watching but did he give an explanation as to why he chose UCLA over Kentucky & Duke?
    UCLA was so bad last year that he sees it as a challenge.

WOW... what a let down, really thought for some reason he'd shock people and come play for K. Atleast he didn't go to UK and i still really like our team returning with 4 seniors as well as looking forward to seeing what Murphey can do at the 3.

GO DUKE!!

Maybe Duke should stop being so good?...

Their winning ways have hurt them with both McGary and Muhammad.

I am sick... We will not be near the top next year (from my outlook). I just don't think we can score consistently. Hopefully we can be at the top of the ACC. Best of luck to Bazz.
    Duke can still be quite strong if they can get solid contributions from the academic sophomores.