Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

MBB: Maryland 79 - Duke 72 Post Game Thread

Keep it civil

Great job to get back in it after the start. They just hit more shots down the stretch. That's about it.

I am not too concerned. We may have been riding too high going into March and, while a loss to Maryland never feels good, it might do us some good. Hopefully the next time we face a tough opponent we play well start to finish.

Tough to keep it civil after that game, but congrats to Maryland for the win, but I believe John Swofford will have some "splainin" to do after the calls made by the refs in this game.

tough game...md played lights out...congrats to them

nolan came up huge, kyle sorta faded....jon was cold in the last few min...

next game...

I thought it was a great game, not all time great, but great. Posession by posession down the stretch, Vasquez and Scheyer running their teams and making plays...the General just made more down the stretch. They DID make some crazy shots...like it was meant to be for them. Tough loss, but exciting game.

Greivis Vasquez is so many things that I wish I could say right now, but of course it wouldn't be civil.
    We showed some toughness down the stretch against a cocky team playing at home in front of a crowd chanting "F*** Duke" all game long.

Let's get ready for the holes on saturday.

Emotion can be a very powerful thing if used right and they did. If Duke can do the same on their Senior night, UNC won't stand a chance.

just the worst...that's all I can say.

I thougt we played tough but missed the front end of too many 1/1s. I can't believe how badly we got outrebounded in the first half but it looked like Gary was having his big guys rotate our bigs to the perimeter.

Uggghhh. I would love another shot at Maryland in the tournament.

We did NOT lose this game because of the refs. There was a horrible 2 or 3 minute span where the calls were one-sided but that's not why we lost. First off they came out with more emotion and got the lead due to it. Second, they hit some incredible circus shots. Third, they got just about every bounce a team could ask for in the first half. We actually had better looks over all in the game than they did. Our defense wasn't bad at all. In fact I think it was better than theirs. It just wasn't meant to be tonight. One of those nights. Nothing to lose sleep over. We'll hopefully see them again next weekend and I'm confident we'll beat them soundly.

Everything is still good as long as we win Saturday night.

Now if we can just whip up on Carolina Saturday night I will feel just fine.

A great game. We had them on the ropes at the start of the 2nd half, but wasted to many chances and let them back into it. Definitely some home cooking calls in this one.

Probably get a chance for revenge weekend after next.
    ~rthomas

Missed a few too many open shots in the second half and couldn't get the boards. MD and especially Vasquez made some very difficult shots down the stretch.

I look forward to seeing them choke against UVA this weekend.

You are up by 3 and the refs blow 3 obvious calls in a row and all of a sudden you are down by 5. That is big I don't care what you say.

Hey, Maryland played really well. We had our chance to pull away early in the second half and couldn't quite do it. Jordan Williams was terrific tonight, perhaps his best game of his young career. They made some pretty acrobatic shots, but winning teams do that. Maryland took it over in the last two minutes.

Other than the disgust of letting that student section celebrate (and UMD Administration...come on...how long are you going to tolerate that type of language on a nationally televised game?), no extreme annoyance losing there tonight.

Honestly, not too surprised that we lost. Tough place to play, especially on Senior night. Good preparation for NCAA tourney. Hope we get Maryland again in the ACC tournament and hope we don't get that one ref again--I think his whistle got stuck in his mouth.

the storming the court nonsense is just silly. A Top 25 team holds serve on their home court and they think they should storm the court?

It just screams fan stupidity and is almost an admission that the team's fans believe/know their team's win was a joke/fluke.

Perhaps, the ACC should go the route of the SEC and fine the bleep out of a school when their fans storm the court.

We don't complain about the refs...we're not Maryland. Next play, on to drilling UNC and winning the ACC tourney and locking up a #1 seed. K State got drilled tonight. We lost a tight game to a top 25 team on their court. I hate losing, but I'd much rather lose like we did. K State folded down the stretch.