Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim1515 View Post
    just my opinion but i don't see any way Quincy ends up at Duke. Here is a recent video. Great talent...but when was the last time you saw a Duke kid acting this way on the court?

http://www.blip.tv/file/3298518
    Chris Collins?

just my opinion but i don't see any way Quincy ends up at Duke. Here is a recent video. Great talent...but when was the last time you saw a Duke kid acting this way on the court?

Brand and Maggette come to mind. At the same time, his attitude reminds me a lot of Lance. I agree it doesn't totally jibe with the image Duke has created for itself, though. Hopefully he'll get over that and decide to come here because it's a good place for him, basketball wise.

Brand?...really

Pretty much everytime JJ hit a 3 and held his hand up all the way down the court or shook his head to the crowd or put out 3 fingers on each hand and smirked. Or when Dhantey Jones dunked on that UVA guy and then did pushups. Or when Nolan Smith dunked on someone in the Garden last year and held both of his hands up to the crowd....Then

http://sportsguru09.files.wordpress.../jj_redick.jpg

If you are talking attitude, no Duke players come immediately to mind, except for Kyle, Nolan, JJ, Dahntay, Elton, Carlos, Corey, and Christian. That last sound bite about shutting an opponent down I think is spoken in the Duke lockerroom each and every game.

As for a 6'9" player with a break-your-ankles cross-over, not really.

His handle and his shooting stroke (a bit low in front of his face) reminds me a lot of of Grant - but his lift is nowhere close to Grant.

I would love his attitude (and game) at Duke!

So what recruits will be at the game?

haha, It's so easy to get off topic on this board...

The only recruits for sure are Kyrie, Thornton, Hairston, Shabazz Muhammed. I'm sure I'm missing someone, but I believe they are the ones confirmed.

It is always interesting to me how fans find every reason in the world to defend a player when we are still in his recruitment. At the same time when they go elsewhere those same traits quickly seem unflattering. Guys like Bledsoe and Wall come to mind. Even Barnes has received a lot of flack from Duke fans.

Quincy falls into that list. I know people may jump all over this comment but the quicker Duke fans come to grips with the fact Quincy will not be coming to Duke the better.

There are plenty of other targets out there and the staff is looking...

Quote Originally Posted by Huh? View Post
    haha, It's so easy to get off topic on this board...

The only recruits for sure are Kyrie, Thornton, Hairston, Shabazz Muhammed. I'm sure I'm missing someone, but I believe they are the ones confirmed.
    Thornton will be playing a game tomorrow night I believe.

Quincy Twitter:

@cardinaldoc I'm attending the game and yes y'all are definitely on my list!

In response to a cardinal fan. Well, that confirms it, he is definitely not attending Duke/UNC game.

Come to Duke Q!

It is always interesting to me how fans find every reason in the world to defend a player when we are still in his recruitment. At the same time when they go elsewhere those same traits quickly seem unflattering. Guys like Bledsoe and Wall come to mind. Even Barnes has received a lot of flack from Duke fans.

Quincy falls into that list. I know people may jump all over this comment but the quicker Duke fans come to grips with the fact Quincy will not be coming to Duke the better.

Speaking of nice attitudes dude...
    Look, this is a VERY talented kid being pumped up in the middle of a game. The "I will destroy them" attitude was, arguably, the single most defining trait of one of our most accomplished palyers ever -- Christian L. Q's charisma actually reminds me a lot of Tinker Bell (Banks) or maybe Corey Magette (slapping backboards mid-dunk, screaming out after a great play, etc.). Your apparent judgement that he couldn't "fit in" at Duke is (A) Very condescending sounding, and (B) Wrong. You sell K and staff way short on their willingness to allow exuberance and expressiveness in our program.

The earlier poster mentions Elton Brand, who I don't see really resembling Q, but is another example of a kid - a very poor and talented kid from "the projects" in New York -- many pessimists like you said "He'll never go to Duke" all the way to signing day... Now he's one of the best ever to have put on a Duke uni. And a great guy too.

Hopefully we'll be lucky enough for Q to see his way into a royal blue uniform. We'd be very lucky. And most of us here would be thrilled.

No AR tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by -bdbd View Post
    Speaking of nice attitudes dude...
    Look, this is a VERY talented kid being pumped up in the middle of a game. The "I will destroy them" attitude was, arguably, the single most defining trait of one of our most accomplished palyers ever -- Christian L. Q's charisma actually reminds me a lot of Tinker Bell (Banks) or maybe Corey Magette (slapping backboards mid-dunk, screaming out after a great play, etc.). Your apparent judgement that he couldn't "fit in" at Duke is (A) Very condescending sounding, and (B) Wrong. You sell K and staff way short on their willingness to allow exuberance and expressiveness in our program....
    Hopefully we'll be lucky enough for Q to see his way into a royal blue uniform. We'd be very lucky. And most of us here would be thrilled.
    I'm okay with the outgoing personality, even tending toward flamboyance or cockiness, but choosing a trip to Louisville over a Duke/Carolina game??

Quote Originally Posted by -bdbd View Post
    The earlier poster mentions Elton Brand, who I don't see really resembling Q, but is another example of a kid - a very poor and talented kid from "the projects" in New York -- many pessimists like you said "He'll never go to Duke" all the way to signing day... Now he's one of the best ever to have put on a Duke uni. And a great guy too.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but as a Yankee, I always heard Elton was from Peekskill, NY...It's not paradise, but is definitely not the projects...

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Dingleberry View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but as a Yankee, I always heard Elton was from Peekskill, NY...It's not paradise, but is definitely not the projects...
    Elton grew up in Dunbar Heights, by most definitions an old-school housing project.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    I'm okay with the outgoing personality, even tending toward flamboyance or cockiness, but choosing a trip to Louisville over a Duke/Carolina game??
    The WWW influence is strong with Quincy's circle.

Gotcha...thanks for the info...

This isn't fair. There are many fans (for any team) that have and would act in this way.

For what I have seen on this board, people would have disliked Barnes' skype theatrics even if he had chosen Duke.

Kyrie

Kyrie got a nice standing O from the crazies tonight as Coach K talked to us....also in attendance tonight: Matt Leinart, Mike Dunleavy

confirmed for tomorrow: Lee Melchionni and Christian Laettner

You are right, when was the last time we saw that swagger on the court? I say it has been too long. I saw nothing wrong with anything he did in that video. He looked like a young man that was having fun playing a game. I saw excitement, a little cockiness, and a whole bunch of talent. What I did not see was him trying to show anyone up or any punkish attitude. Smack talk? I hope that you are not put off by that, because if you are then we would not be able to recruit any of the top players. They all do it, it is part of the game today. I am not saying that I like it particularly but it is there. Do you honestly think that Coach K would shy away from this kid because of his exuberance? The real question is what kind of kid is he off the court? If he is a good kid, with good grades, then he would be at Duke as fast and K can get his signature on a LOI.

And if I remember correctly, he is the big Duke fan, UNC hater is he not? I would love to see him come to Duke and kick UNC’s behind for 2-3 years.

How many games has he been to at Duke already? Maybe he isn't coming because he knows that he will be seeing many, many game in CIS over the next couple of years from the court. One can hope can one not?
    Last edited by oldnavy; 03-06-2010 at 07:57 AM.