Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Wait. CBS must be showing a replay or something. Graves and T.Wear are injured and aren't playing today.

Or did that rascally roy pull another fast one?

I think Wake is shooting less than 30% from the field and probably just as bad from the foul line.

I don't think UNC is playing that great, but Wake gave them a little confidence in the first half and that's all they really need right now with Wake not being able to hit the broad side of a barn.

Let me just add, Chas McFarland is HORRIBLE!

Here's the reality.

Wake is officially letting UNC up off the map. Carolina's biggest problem, aside from their coach, the nauseating color of their uniform, their front-running whine and cheese fanbase, and a few other chronic issues, has been their confidence. Wake's giving them a heaping helping.

I'd now be really surprised if they managed to lose to Miami. Which means they'll be coming into Cameron actually thinking they've turned it around and can do something in the ACC tournament.

So it's Duke's job to firmly smack them back down into submission and remind them that they do, in fact, suck. I think we're up to the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    On another note, I hate Wake Forest. What a bunch of scrubs! And I'm an alum, too. This game is the reason why I don't own a single piece of Wake gear. Scrubs!!!
    Is your last name Paul?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Is your last name Paul?
    Couldn't be. Chris Paul isn't an alum (he just went there for a couple of years).

What's with all the hole fans in W-S. Wal-Mart job fair?

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Couldn't be. Chris Paul isn't an alum (he just went there for a couple of years).
    True! I went to grad school there so I think I was there longer than the other CP. But seriously, they are such a bunch of wannabes, it's not even funny. Every time I get excited about one of their teams, they tank.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Well, if you want to split hairs...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/alumnus

a·lum·nus
    /əˈlʌmnəs/
    1. a graduate or former student of a specific school, college, or university.

Actually, Wake is not really a very good team. They have several "good" players but they do not play a good team game.

WF within 4...

Looks like

Wake decided to finally make some baskets. FG % is just above 30 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Actually, Wake is not really a very good team. They have several "good" players but they do not play a good team game.

I think this goes to the relatively weak state of the ACC. Aside from Duke and Maryland, who is there to fear. Dang Holes could make a run in the ACC tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Well, if you want to split hairs...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/alumnus

a·lum·nus
    /əˈlʌmnəs/
    1. a graduate or former student of a specific school, college, or university.
    Yeah, I was just making a joke based on the standard connotation.

Ish Smith is brutally bad. 21 shots? Yikes.

Boy, the Deacs REALLY are unintelligent.

Couldn't bear to watch the celebration.

Congrats to the Tar Heels for keeping their NIT hopes alive.

Concerning the last two minutes, I thought it was a smart, intriguing move to go to the foul-and-shoot strategy a bit earlier than usual, with how poorly UNC was hitting from the stripe. But Wake's offense... oh god. Just awful. I liked the move of playing D like there was 30 seconds left, but rushing the offense was just a bad idea. Mixed bag for Gaudio, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    Wake is officially letting UNC up off the map. Carolina's biggest problem, aside from their coach, the nauseating color of their uniform, their front-running whine and cheese fanbase, and a few other chronic issues, has been their confidence. Wake's giving them a heaping helping.

I'd now be really surprised if they managed to lose to Miami. Which means they'll be coming into Cameron actually thinking they've turned it around and can do something in the ACC tournament.
    This statement is so very true. UNC had been playing without any belief that they could win ACC games. Coach Gaudio and Wake have given them that confidence.

ol' roy either got light headed over the win or he knelt to pray in the closing seconds

No question this win is proof that he is an excellent coach. The 14 losses are proof his team doesn't deserve such a great coach.

Quote Originally Posted by 91devil View Post
    Coach Gaudio
    [citation needed]

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    ol' roy either got light headed over the win or he knelt to pray in the closing seconds
    He has vertigo issues. I'm guessing that was it.