Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

MBB: UNC-CH 77, Wake Forest 68

Wake seems to think they can win this game in the first 10 minutes. They are taking LOTS of quick shots - many of them 3's. Worse, they are shooting the 3 about as well as Duke does lately (i.e. not well). They just need to calm down and let Carolina shoot themselves in the foot. You KNOW they will!

C'mon Wake! Don't listen to Dino - just play like ya know ya can!

Oh, why not? Carolina-Wake Forest Thread. Ho hum.

I'm actually a little disturbed to see some of the Carolina players actually appearing to give a crap. Zeller and Henson, in particular, may actually form some sort of core of players who haven't completely quit on the season.

Wake needs to jump on them and knock them back. Over the last two months, Carolina hasn't shown the ability or confidence to fight back when a team punches them in the mouth. Let those 'Holes get an upset win on the road against a good team, and suddenly they might start trying again.

It's up to you, Wake. Kick them while they're down!

Addendum:
    Mods, I like the title of the other Carolina/Wake thread that got started while I was typing this better. Please just merge this into that one. Thanks.

Bahahahahahaha!!!

The courtside mic just picked up somebody (Royd?) saying "Larry, get in his pants!"

Gotta give the heels credit for actually displaying some effort and fire today. I'll go ahead and say it - I think they win this game. Wake looks spastic and out of control. When was the last time UNC had a lead at the half in an ACC road game?

I love the thread title. I tried to watch the game but it was too hard.

UNC has taken Smith and Aminu out of the flow so far. The two are 1-11 from the field to this point with just 3 points. Wake is going to have to get more from those guys if they're going to win this game. UNC is actually playing like a reasonably decent basketball team. They've committed only 3 turnovers and have 8 assists. Drew (5 assists, 0 turnovers) is outplaying Smith so far, and Henson (7 rebounds, 5 blocks) has been a force.

That said, if Wake can come out and make a big early second-half push, I suspect UNC will fold like usual. Let's hope that happens. I really want a sub-.500 season for the Heels this year.

Wake has some serious issues when they have the ball. Their offense consists of Ish Smith freelancing / driving, or quick jumpshots after one pass. They aren't even trying to get the ball to Aminu, their best player.

UNC is playing better, I guess, than they have been but I really think Wake is punting this game away so far.

Quote Originally Posted by 91devil View Post
    Wake has some serious issues when they have the ball. Their offense consists of Ish Smith freelancing / driving, or quick jumpshots after one pass. They aren't even trying to get the ball to Aminu, their best player.

UNC is playing better, I guess, than they have been but I really think Wake is punting this game away so far.
    That's kind of been their offense all year. Usually, it works (Smith is really good off the dribble. UNC is actually working hard to prevent touches for Aminu.

This game reminds me of the Will Smith - Kevin James kiss in Hitch. Wake's gone 90% to playing down to Carolina, and Carolina is surprising everyone by going 10% to playing up to Wake...they're currently meeting in the middle and it's a pretty ugly sight.

when on defense, wake doesn't seem that they want the ball.. just saw a missed unc shot fall between 3 wake defenders like it was a baseball falling in for a bloop single
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

Sorry to say, dracula seems to have life.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    This game reminds me of the Will Smith - Kevin James kiss in Hitch...
    Something completely unbearable to watch, but you just find that you can't look away?

bonner just talked about how intense unc is playing right now after Graves made an obvious foul jumping on aminu's back that was called a jump ball...

i don't know that unc is playing so hard as wake is playing poorly
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

I'm starting to think Huck must read the DBR boards. He's slowed it down and let them run some halfcourt sets. Hall of Fame coach, my butt...only took him 9/10 of the season to figure out something most of us had figured out by January.

wake's play...

is indicative of a team that thought they could just walk out there and get a 20 point lead and coast... they are not playing hard and all and i think if they do lose (which looks very likely) that they thoroughly deserve it
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

I actually felt pretty good inside when Henson was running down the court smiling and clapping.

I never thought that would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jjasper0729 View Post
    bonner just talked about how intense unc is playing right now after Graves made an obvious foul jumping on aminu's back that was called a jump ball...

i don't know that unc is playing so hard as wake is playing poorly
    These are Raycom announcers. Honestly, if Raycom just went ahead and hired Woody Durham to do their play by play, would you be shocked?

Unbelievable how many calls/noncalls went UNC's way...

Quote Originally Posted by Cockabeau View Post
    Unbelievable how many calls/noncalls went UNC's way...
    I actually don't think the officiating has been very one-sided. Wake is just playing really poorly, and UNC isn't playing nearly as badly as usual.

On another note, I hate Wake Forest. What a bunch of scrubs! And I'm an alum, too. This game is the reason why I don't own a single piece of Wake gear. Scrubs!!!