Calipari And Winning The SEC # 2

When asked if winning the SEC regular season was important, Calipari said ," no". According to Calipari , winning the SEC regular season and SEC tournament was only for seeding purposes in the NCAA tournament, that is all.

Any thoughts on this ?

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Duke Fan View Post
    Any thoughts on this ?
    I disagree with Calipari. And I'm glad Coach Krzyzewski employs the opposite philosopy. For Duke, winning the ACC regular season and ACC Tournament are important team goals just like winning the NIT Season Tip-Off title was an impportant goal.

As a Duke fan, I desire to see Duke strive to win every game, every tournament, everything! When they win, I rejoice! When they lose, I am sad and then I say "next game."
    Bob Green

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    When asked if winning the SEC regular season was important, Calipari said ," no". According to Calipari , winning the SEC regular season and SEC tournament was only for seeding purposes in the NCAA tournament, that is all.

Any thoughts on this ?
    I'm looking forward to the day that Calipari eats his words like Ol' Roy has. Recruit a stellar class, watch them all leave, have a few injuries, and that regular season and conference tourney become pretty damn important.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Any thoughts on this ?
    Can't say I'm surprised at his view. Apparently, to Calipari it's also not important if your final four runs remain valid afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by TampaDuke View Post
    Apparently, to Calipari it's also not important if your final four runs remain valid afterward.
    Yeah, it kinda makes you wonder, for about a split second, just what is important to the calster.

Calipari the used car saleman of D1 coaches. Nothing about the gu seems auhtentic in any way. I can't wait for this years wins to be vacated.