Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Florida State 77, UNC-CH 67

What is up with the ugly uniforms??? Their uniforms have faded along with their hopes. Do they think the opposition will think they are somebody else?? Just showed a close up of Roy and seriously, he looks 10 years older than he did in November of 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by GODUKEGO View Post
    What is up with the ugly uniforms??? Their uniforms have faded along with their hopes. Do they think the opposition will think they are somebody else?? Just showed a close up of Roy and seriously, he looks 10 years older than he did in November of 2009.
    It's a marketing thing. Just another type of jersey to sell.

Also, UNC losing this game (and they're down big in the first half) would make a .500 season pretty unlikely. They'll finish with @Wake, @Duke, and Miami. If they lose two of those, they'll be 15-16, and they'll be playing a team in the 5-7 range in the ACC tourney (which will mean they'll likely be playing a team that beat them handily already this year).

Mike Patrick: The crowd is doing what they can do for the team.

Uh, except show up...

Anyone who wants to learn how to jog without overly exerting yourself can just watch Carolina get back on "defense" for a good example.

This is the first UNC game I have watched dispassionately. I really don't care much who wins. Now I see how really, really bad UNC is. I know they have injuries, but they look as if they have never practiced together. They have one good possession, primarily due to a one on one effort, and then three or four lousy possessions. And I don't see the old hillbilly calling time outs and telling them to run this or that. He just stands there.

Quote Originally Posted by shoutingncu View Post
    Mike Patrick: The crowd is doing what they can do for the team.

Uh, except show up...
    The lack of attendance at the UNC/FSU game was just called out on ESPNU's halftime show: "This is what North Carolina basketball has come to." Ouch!

Did they really say those jerseys are to honor the 21st anniversary of Air Jordans? That's just weird.

Stats

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    This is the first UNC game I have watched dispassionately. I really don't care much who wins. Now I see how really, really bad UNC is. I know they have injuries, but they look as if they have never practiced together. They have one good possession, primarily due to a one on one effort, and then three or four lousy possessions. And I don't see the old hillbilly calling time outs and telling them to run this or that. He just stands there.
    Espn showed UNC's first 14 games (11-3) vs. the most recent dozen or so. Here's the dropoff:

FG % 49% to 40%
    3 pt FG % 39% to 30%
    PPG 82 to 68.

Their opponents scoring was almost constant at 72 and 73 ppg.

(Those #'s were from memory so maybe off a little.)

Quote Originally Posted by GoingFor#4 View Post
    Did they really say those jerseys are to honor the 21st anniversary of Air Jordans? That's just weird.
    25th. anniversary... thus silver on the uniforms and shoes

Now they're talking about the NIT...question was raised to "The Roy" about whether or not they would accept an NIT invitation and the answer was of course yes, but an even more important question is will they receive the invite...hahahha...too awesome!!!

Hubie is even "dogging" on the Holes now...I feel like I'm going to wake up any minute and this is all going to just be a dream.

Go Blue Devils!!

FSU now up by 20. It's just amazing how far this UNC team has fallen from December, when they played so well against MSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    25th. anniversary... thus silver on the uniforms and shoes
    Patrick messed up and said 21st.

The spread on this game was FSU by 3. For some reason I was hesitant...I actually thought UNC could win this game. They are just so terrible.

They are shooting 45% (not bad) and losing by 20. 10 TO/8 Asst, getting out rebounded. Buncha chumps.

Dadgummitttt,i love these tarheels!Roy is such a great coach.LOL
    Last edited by MulletMan; 02-25-2010 at 10:27 AM.

UNC's post players look like children trying to play with men out there. If Ed Davis leaves, this is what they're going with next year?

Talking UNC?

Quote Originally Posted by YourLandlord View Post
    The spread on this game was FSU by 3. For some reason I was hesitant...I actually thought UNC could win this game. They are just so terrible.

They are shooting 45% (not bad) and losing by 20. 10 TO/8 Asst, getting out rebounded. Buncha chumps.
    I picked FSU, since I am not picking UNC until it shows it can actually win a game. But I thought UNC would likely win this one.

My first season tix at Duke (not counting my student pass) were in 1994-1995. But even in that meltdown of a year, the games against UNC, UVa and UMd were classic seesaw affairs that went down to the last possession or to double overtime.

That Duke team was horribly inefficient with a lead but never, ever quit. The 13-18 team only had three regular season losses of more than 10 points and only one -- at UCLA -- was a real beatdown. UNC has had seven double-digit losses and is on its way to an 8th.

sagegrouse

I had a horrible day.

This is helping considerably.

GTHC

dukemsu

What do UNC and Russia have in common?

This is starting to become unfun. I don't even care that UNC lost, and that sucks. At this point it means nothing

Quote Originally Posted by RelativeWays View Post
    This is starting to become unfun. I don't even care that UNC lost, and that sucks. At this point it means nothing
    At least you're not a UNC fan...they don't seem to care, either.
    Last edited by roywhite; 02-24-2010 at 09:09 PM.