View Poll Results: Who was the Man of the Match vs. Virginia Tech?

Voters
253. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andre Dawkins

0 0%
  • Ryan Kelly

0 0%
  • Mason Plumlee

0 0%
  • Miles Plumlee

0 0%
  • Jon Scheyer

2 0.79%
  • Kyle Singler

103 40.71%
  • Nolan Smith

22 8.70%
  • Lance Thomas

2 0.79%
  • Brian Zoubek

124 49.01%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jyuwono View Post

But in the end I voted for Lance, in one part because he probably won't get any votes, but another on his big impact on the game. For two games in a row Lance posted amazing +/- numbers.

So Lance, some love for you!
    Has Lance's value to this team ever been more apparent? Jeff Allen, got him. Need me to switch to guard the point, no prob.

Way to go, Lance. Way to go, team.

I waited to watch the replay before voting. Kyle did his usual quiet assassin job -- actually even better than usual in some ways which made me want to vote for him since he hasn't gotten many of these this year despite being a critical player for us. But we were shooting so poorly that -- without Z's rebounds -- we lose. That made me vote for Zoubek as MOTM.

Kyle was a warrior.
    Zoubek is an animal. (sign in CIS last PM)
    Nolan had some big buckets.
    Jon worked extremely hard and played really good D on Delaney (5/19?) with a lotta help, too.

Gave my vote to Kyle but Zooooooooooooooub almost got my vote. Love the way he's playing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Jon worked extremely hard and played really good D on Delaney (5/19?) with a lotta help, too.
    Umm...wasn't that Nolan's responsibility for the majority of the game?

Also, surprised that Nolan didn't get more votes. His clutch scoring towards the end was the key. Zoubs had another great game and Kyle is finally coming into his own, but Nolan has the key to the win on both offense and defense.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Umm...wasn't that Nolan's responsibility for the majority of the game?

Also, surprised that Nolan didn't get more votes. His clutch scoring towards the end was the key. Zoubs had another great game and Kyle is finally coming into his own, but Nolan has the key to the win on both offense and defense.
    Not really. There were obviously a lot of switches but Jon had the primary responsibility many times and fought through a lot of hips, arms and elbows to stay with him. Nolan matched up a bit better with his quickness and Lance gave him some problems with his height/length but I watched this specifically on multiple vt possessions and Jon had the assignment.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Not really. There were obviously a lot of switches but Jon had the primary responsibility many times and fought through a lot of hips, arms and elbows to stay with him. Nolan matched up a bit better with his quickness and Lance gave him some problems with his height/length but I watched this specifically on multiple vt possessions and Jon had the assignment.
    I'd say that Scheyer had the responsibility man times, but Smith had the primary responsibility. The role switched a number of times (generally due to foul trouble). But Smith had the responsibility to start the game and for much of the first half. When Smith got in some foul trouble, Scheyer took over the role for a while. In the second half, it was handled jointly between Smith, Scheyer, Singler and (very rarely) Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    I actually went with Nolan. Zoubs was HUGE on the offensive glass. But Nolan locked down on Delaney in the first half (until foul trouble forced him to switch men) and hit some big-time shots down the stretch.
    I went with Nolan as well. Note that's me being positive on Nolan not being negative on Kyle or Z or Jon all of whom played great. A true team effort. When Nolan picked up his 3rd foul and switched off of Delaney, Delaney's scoring picked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    Honorable Mention to Nolan for knocking in the dagger 3 after the words with Hudson. Shut him up with your game Nolan! Nice answer that was!!
    MOTM for me was earned by Nolan when he didn't back down to Hudson, didn't retaliate when Hudson pushed Nolan's face (note if a Duke player had done that it would have been a T and would have been all over 'center) and then let his 3 do the talking. Game over, have a nice trip home right there...talk some more...I'll hit another! Way to stand your ground know where to draw the line Nolan!

Quote Originally Posted by BDevilU View Post
    Zou's Your Daddy!
    I just had to quote that...hilarious. I bet Shane Battier had to LOL at that one!

Quote Originally Posted by TNTDevil View Post
    Scheyer.

Starting to see flashes of Bobby Hurley in Jon. Especially his ability to hit the timely shot.
    That was one of my favorite things about Bobby Hurley (he's the reason I became a Duke fan, BTW). His 3pt shooting percentage wasn't great but when we needed a dagger or to change the flow of the game he was money. I see this in Jon as well and I'm lovin' it.

Zoubs just gave us sooooooo many 2nd chances will all those offensive rebounds.