Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

MBB: Duke 67, Virginia Tech 55 Post-Game Thread

You know what's nice about missing a ton of shots? When you have a 7'1" guy who can track so many of them down. Enjoy your post-game discussion!

29 percent

did we really just shoot 29 percent and win by 12? Thank you Z.

You can't stop the beard, you can only hope to contain him

Great game by Z. The whole team finished strong and didn't back down to the usual antics by the Hokies.

Would like to think the ACC would suspend Hudson for the swipe at Nolan. Just because it wasn't a punch and didn't hurt him doesn't mean he didn't intentionally swing at his face.

Big win! We kept our composure and fought through the garbage. The 3 Nolan hit at the end was better than a slap in the face to the jerk Hudson!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    You can't stop the beard, you can only hope to contain him
    I'm pretty sure it's government designed, probably by the Russians

It gives me a warm feeling in the cockels of my heart.. to be able to feel good about Zoub. He has been an absolute monster these last 3 games. Zouberman!!

That last 3 by Nolan was a bigger punch than Delaney will ever be able to throw. Give em hell Devils!!

I love this team.

Quote Originally Posted by VanDuk View Post
    It gives me a warm feeling in the cockels of my heart.. to be able to feel good about Zoub. He has been an absolute monster these last 3 games. Zouberman!!

That last 3 by Nolan was a bigger punch than Delaney will ever be able to throw. Give em hell Devils!!

I love this team.
    It wasn't Delaney - it was Hudson.

And I think Hudson's just mad that Nolan's much better than he is.

another gutsy, gritty win for this team...Z was huge....loved nolan flushing that 3 after the altercation...

the spirit of deron washington lives on...

great game guys...

I had forgotten just how much I disliked Seth douchebag. Go Duke!

Glad to get the win. Another gutsy effort from the guys. The plummeting production from the Plumlee's is really starting to worry me though. Mason's line was 6 mins, 3 fouls, 0 pts, 0 boards. And it was worse than the numbers. Miles didn't do much better. I hope these guys are just in a bit of a slump and can get some confidence back before tournament time!

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    It wasn't Delaney - it was Hudson.

And I think Hudson's just mad that Nolan's much better than he is.
    I meant Hudson. I had too many thoughts rolling around in ma noggin.

This win was great. Why is it that the VT games always turn into slug fests? I hope we don't meet up with them in the ACC tourney...they just play dirty.

Kyle is really coming out of that slump strong... rounding in to form big time

25 and 10 ho hum

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post

the spirit of deron washington lives on...

great game guys...
    Very well said! Deron Washington indeed.

Gutsy win against an underrated team. Would have liked to see more than 4 points from players whose last name does not begin with S, though. But I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlue08 View Post
    Glad to get the win. Another gutsy effort from the guys. The plummeting production from the Plumlee's is really starting to worry me though. Mason's line was 6 mins, 3 fouls, 0 pts, 0 boards. And it was worse than the numbers. Miles didn't do much better. I hope these guys are just in a bit of a slump and can get some confidence back before tournament time!
    I think part of it is that they don't get too many touches in scoring position. They get frustrated and try to force plays, resulting in dumb fouls and forced shots.

When they were playing well, they were getting fed the ball on occasion.

An excellent peformance by the starting 5. 63 of 67 points by the S's, Zoubs continuing to emerge as a defensive and rebounding force. And a great job by Lance of playing the last 10 minutes or so with 4 fouls and continuing to be a presence on D.

If we can keep the starting 5 on the floor, this will be a hard team to beat. VT was better than anticipated, this was a solid W.

Big Win

On a night we looked tight, and probably the pace of the game and the physical nature of it, tended to impact our shooting, we still won. A LARGE part of the win can be attributed to Zoubek, who rebounded, altered shots, set good screens and played solid all around defense. Good to see the improvement he has made continuing game to game.

I think all but 4 points came from the big three.

Thomas, Zoubek, Scheyer, Singler and Smith is a very effective lineup. The Plumlees and Dawkins didn't add much and Kelly looked a little better while in there. We need the subs to find their games soon. The bigs just need to watch Zoubek to see what it takes to succeed.

I would think the MOTM is between Singler and Zoubek

Hudson should have been T'ed up, but that's it. His semi-punch was no different than Laettner's semi-stomp.