Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Two cheers for the Crazies at the Heels game

Guys and Gals make them feel at home by chanting their names...

http://bluedevilinsider.wordpress.co...-for-unc-game/

Um... I do believe you're advocating a recruiting violation.

Let's refrain from that, mmmkay?

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD View Post
    Um... I do believe you're advocating a recruiting violation.

Let's refrain from that, mmmkay?
    How on earth could chanting a recruits name at a basketball game be considered a violation? They will be sitting inside CIS for goodness sakes, are we supposed to ignore them, avoid eye contact or not speak? I would like to know which rule chanting a player's name would violate. If they are attending a game, then there is obviously contact being made with the recruit. I have to believe that the contact with the coaches and players and staff and yes fans is authorized during that time frame... if not then we have bigger issues than chanting a name.

Don't we always?

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    How on earth could chanting a recruits name at a basketball game be considered a violation? They will be sitting inside CIS for goodness sakes, are we supposed to ignore them, avoid eye contact or not speak? I would like to know which rule chanting a player's name would violate. If they are attending a game, then there is obviously contact being made with the recruit. I have to believe that the contact with the coaches and players and staff and yes fans is authorized during that time frame... if not then we have bigger issues than chanting a name.
    Really. I thought we always chanted the recruit's name at a game. Heck we even go after family. Didn't we chant at the Harvard game a number of years back "We want your brother" to the brother (playing for Harvard) of Danny Ferry (who we were recruiting)?

Quote Originally Posted by bluepenguin View Post
    Really. I thought we always chanted the recruit's name at a game. Heck we even go after family. Didn't we chant at the Harvard game a number of years back "We want your brother" to the brother (playing for Harvard) of Danny Ferry (who we were recruiting)?
    I think that someone is confusing the rules that prohibit fan/supporter during black out periods, facebook, twitter, etc...

The whole idea of visiting a campus for a game or an OV is to get to know the people there and see if it is a good fit. That would be hard to establish if no one could speak to you...

Anybody remember the cheer, "We want Webber!" As Christian was spanking young Shaquille?

I have it on good authority that "the Presbyterian fan" will be sitting directly behind Ol' Roy when UNC comes to Cameron in a week and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by uncwdevil View Post
    I have it on good authority that "the Presbyterian fan" will be sitting directly behind Ol' Roy when UNC comes to Cameron in a week and a half.
    YEAH! I was hoping this would happen. Since a lot of what happens in the crowd does not translate to TV, I hope those in attendance share the best antics that occur.

GTH, C, GTH! 9F! 9F! 9F!

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    I think that someone is confusing the rules that prohibit fan/supporter during black out periods, facebook, twitter, etc...
    I stand corrected. I remembered how some FB postings and fan signs got a couple of programs into hot water and didn't realize that it's only during certain circumstances that it's an issue.

If I could delete my earlier post, I would. But I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD View Post
    I stand corrected. I remembered how some FB postings and fan signs got a couple of programs into hot water and didn't realize that it's only during certain circumstances that it's an issue.

If I could delete my earlier post, I would. But I can't.
    No need to apologize. How anyone can keep up with the NCAA rules on recruiting is beyond me. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to find that they decide to implement such a rule in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by uncwdevil View Post
    I'm sure this will be a very emotional reunion for Roy.

hmm

Quote Originally Posted by ivydevil View Post
    I hope Huck's meltdown hits critical mass during this game and completely breaks down...I would go on further but I am at a loss of words to how much I hate Chapel Hell. Or maybe I should wait for the Status Check thread to reappear...

Quote Originally Posted by ivydevil View Post
    Is the Presbyterian fan really going to be there...behind Roy?
    Please say it's true.

Uh..

What about the whole Harrison Barnes thing earlier this year, when Duke officials / security guards confiscated "H40" paraphernalia?

Quote Originally Posted by Huh? View Post
    Is the Presbyterian fan really going to be there...behind Roy?
    Please say it's true.
    I got some bad info before. He said he's not going to be able to make it up there. I agree that it would be hilarious though.

I can't say much because I've been sworn to secrecy, but one particular special guest (not a recruit) is... very interesting. I'm excited but also a bit apprehensive about this guest in the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinFunk View Post
    I can't say much because I've been sworn to secrecy, but one particular special guest (not a recruit) is... very interesting. I'm excited but also a bit apprehensive about this guest in the crowd.
    When will those of us not in the game find out? Will we have to wait for someone at the game to report or is it the kind of thing the TV might pick up on?

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinfunk View Post
    i can't say much because i've been sworn to secrecy, but one particular special guest (not a recruit) is... Very interesting. I'm excited but also a bit apprehensive about this guest in the crowd.
    speedo man
    The Terrapin Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    When will those of us not in the game find out? Will we have to wait for someone at the game to report or is it the kind of thing the TV might pick up on?
    Assuming that this person is actually at the game (my intel is quite old): I would be shocked if ESPN or Raycom don't pick this person up and show him/her. This person is that big.

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinFunk View Post
    Assuming that this person is actually at the game (my intel is quite old): I would be shocked if ESPN or Raycom don't pick this person up and show him/her. This person is that big.
    Jumbo is coming to Cameron?!