Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Mason Dome

The Mason Dome

he owns it...!!!!!

yeah, he made some dumb fouls, but he is gonna dominate !!

here's to 3 more wins for mason there....then we can wipe that smirk off hanstravels's face...

Just another (dark) Blue Light special at the Chapel Hill Coach K-Mart.

Mason's reverse dunk was off the charts. Wow! As Coach K said in his post-game presser, that play was a game-changer. Looking forward to many more of those type plays from the Plumlee brothers.

someone else mentioned that it could be a signature move for him....has anyone ever "patented" that move?

get position, get ball, "back-dunk"...

high percentange

now. just QUIT REACHING OVER THE BACK...

Unhappy Need Mason to play well now...

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    he owns it...!!!!!

yeah, he made some dumb fouls, but he is gonna dominate !!

here's to 3 more wins for mason there....then we can wipe that smirk off hanstravels's face...

With a non-trivial injury to LT, we are REALLY going to need great play going forward out of Mason and Andre!!

Quote Originally Posted by -bdbd View Post
    With a non-trivial injury to LT, we are REALLY going to need great play going forward out of Mason and Andre!!

Make that Mason, Andre and Ryan!

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Make that Mason, Andre and Ryan!
    And Miles and Zoub!

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Mason's reverse dunk was off the charts. Wow! As Coach K said in his post-game presser, that play was a game-changer. Looking forward to many more of those type plays from the Plumlee brothers.
    I agree that was an amazing dunk

I'm pretty sure the shot of the ref talking to Mason after the reverse dunk was about him slapping the backboard. He has done this several times in the past and wouldn't be suprised to see the next one followed by a technical. This is a bad habit that alot of kids pick up in AAU/High School ball.

Anyways, it was a great play by Mason and definitely a momentum boost for the good guys.
    Last edited by Memphis Devil; 02-11-2010 at 09:05 AM. Reason: gramma'

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Devil View Post
    I'm pretty sure the shot of the ref talking to Mason after the reverse dunk was about him slapping the backboard. He has done this several times in the past and wouldn't be suprised to see the next one followed by a technical. This is a bad habit that alot of kids pick up in AAU/High School ball.

Anyways, it was a great play by Mason and definitely a momentum boost for the good guys.
    He got a T for the last one.

Backboard slap or not, that dunk was THE turning point of the game. It came in what was an incredibly tight game beforehand, when we were tied 45-45, and gave our boys the momentum to put it away down the stretch. I don't care what happens from here, Mason's season is vindicated by that dunk. I mean, damn. just, damn.

- jderf

Quote Originally Posted by YourLandlord View Post
    Really? I don't recall him getting a technical or them shooting free throws...

he didn't get a T last night...

I was very pleased with Mason's game last night. Beyond the rebs (9) and points (7) he played 27 minutes to compensate for Miles' 13.
    Now that LT is injured I have to believe that Mason will be starting vs MD.

Thumbs up

I think that we are seeing just the beginning of how great Mason can be at Duke. I really think that he is going to be a special player. He is already one of my favorites on this team. He played great in his first trip to the Dean Dump!! Keep it up Mason.

I thought it was the Williams/Boozer/Dunleavy Dome - since they were a perfect 3-0 there.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by YourLandlord View Post
    Sorry but that is not correct. Mason did not get a T in the Wake game. He got chastised by the ref for woofing, but definitely did not get a technical for anything. I did not see him slap the backboard after last night's dunk, but he may have. Did not see a ref say anything to him though...

I'm not saying Mason shouldn't get a T if he slaps the backboard, but what they decide is "unsportsmanlike" is rather arbitrary.

If Mason can get a T for that, I want to see Will Graves get one for strutting down the court and bobbing his head after making a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    ... I did not see him slap the backboard after last night's dunk, but he may have. Did not see a ref say anything to him though...
    I saw Mason and the ref talking after Mason's dunk (then after a unc possession), and I thought it was for what I thought was excessive hanging on the rim. I also didn't think I saw him slap the backboard. But if you go to the dukeblueplanet.com site and watch the top-5 from the unc game, Mason did slap the backboard just after he let go of the rim.

Smile The End of the Game?

Quote Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
    If Mason can get a T for that, I want to see Will Graves get one for strutting down the court and bobbing his head after making a shot.
    Will Graves's monster shot and big-time strut were the last gasp for the Heels.

The fact is, Duke shut them down the last ten minutes of the game. Graves's miracle shot was was in desperation. They never made another meaningful shot after that.

It's OK, Will, as far as I'm concerned, to strut while you are walking the plank.

sagegrouse
    'Snowshoe (varied) hare just sighted in my backyard!'