Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Duke 64, UNC 54 Post-Game Thread

Exhale, and post here.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

I smell the benches 1,000 miles away

Routine

Just another workmanlike win on the road against the 11th place team in the conference.

what a relief. i just put away the bottle of pepcid.

we were even missing foul shots tonight.

so very glad we won! mason stepped up tonight!

Go Duke!

Duke wins, Carolina loses. Life is good.

Great last 10 minutes

Experience and competence showed at the end, both ends of the floor. Wish we hadn't let them stick around as long as they did, but fortunately, it didn't hurt us down the stretch. Hoping the best for Lance. Where are folks getting info on the extent of his injury?

Very,very,very happy to see Mason get a lot of burn tonight.

Shooting so poorly, away from home, at UNC, and come out with a win? Happy doesn't describe how I feel.

Go Duke!

so proud of our guys. we lost our premier defender in lance thomas, but still took the win. that says something about this team. mason played like a veteran tonight. jon. what can i say about jon. the man can take the whole team on his back at any time.

take that heels! its time for the rivalry to swing back to durham!

This is a very important win. It breaks the drought in Chapel Hill. It's a conference win on the road in a tough season. Laissez les bons temps rouler!

One word

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee e!!!
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Reason we won tonight was the solid play of Kyle Singler. Other than that, we should be very alarmed with the lack of shooting ability from Duke as well as the potential season ending injury of Lance Thomas. We couldn't hit layups, we shot horribly, and if we played a team other than UNC (13-11), we probably get blown out by 15+. This is another awful shooting display from us and we have NO inside game. This team will be done by the second weekend in the NCAA Tournament. Good effort and win, but let's be honest, we can't shoot, we were lucky to be playing a terrible team in one of their worst seasons ever, and we are thinner now than we have ever been with losing Thomas. These last 6 ACC games, I think we're lucky to go 2-4. I think we go 1-5.
    I'm hoping this is a parody post or you're just a troll.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Reason we won tonight was the solid play of Kyle Singler. Other than that, we should be very alarmed with the lack of shooting ability from Duke as well as the potential season ending injury of Lance Thomas. We couldn't hit layups, we shot horribly, and if we played a team other than UNC (13-11), we probably get blown out by 15+. This is another awful shooting display from us and we have NO inside game. This team will be done by the second weekend in the NCAA Tournament. Good effort and win, but let's be honest, we can't shoot, we were lucky to be playing a terrible team in one of their worst seasons ever, and we are thinner now than we have ever been with losing Thomas. These last 6 ACC games, I think we're lucky to go 2-4. I think we go 1-5.
    In any other game I worry with you, but this game does that to teams. Look how many shots unc missed in close as well. I would not judge the rest of the year on this game. There is no way this team goes 1 and 5 down the stretch. No way. I am very worried however about LT. That looked bad..

We missed a lot of easy shots tonight. Should have been a 20 point win. Seems like our guys were rushing shots in traffic, especially early on, some 1 on 1 play in the first half. I think the guys need to keep in mind they are a great offensive system, but are not great individual offensive players outside of the system (not saying the 3 S's aren't great offensive players, but they are 10x better when we get ball movement).

I thought we could have built a working margin in the first half if our bigs had finished around the rim.

I think it was basically nerves on their part. Even though UNC is at the bottom of the league, this game is always a gut check. And UNC has a lot of length with Davis, Henson and Thompson.

Our three S-men were cool and tough.

Congratulations, team.

time for....

the victory rum and coke...yum....heart rate is lowering.

Wow. Are you available to give a pep talk to the team before the MD game?

realize this is a rivalry game. all stats go out the window. we dont get any foul calls. and i man we get NO foul calls. did you watch this game? probably the worst officiating game I have seen this year.

Mason is the most infuriating player on our team, but he had flashes tonight. That reverse dunk was monstrous. On the other hand, he got some silly fouls per usual and tried to get even more by swiping on rebounds (his preferred method of getting fouls).

If I were K, I would compile a mix of his reach-ins after missing on rebounds and show it to him, then say "NEVER AGAIN MASON"

Zoubek came up HUUUUGE (literally at times)

i'm guessing lance has a bruised knee. i didn't see the knee give in any direction on the contact.

hoping is so.

thought mason really stepped up tonight.

This is for you slower slappy...

The bottom line is that we beat the Holes in the Dud Dome so life is good. We did not shoot that well, but at least thirteen of those misses were due to Carolina blocks...

Now we have Maryland this weekend in Durham and hopefully we can abuse them to finish off what could be a great week of Duke basketball!!!