Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Southern Pines, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    You mean a NotClaire? I think we can assume that she died before and has been reborn like Sayid. I mean, she was hanging out with Christian previously.

    BTW, I read in another chat that there were 108 questions asked in last night's episode, which is a bit kooky. Also 108 stitches on a baseball. Not sure why the numbers are coming back up, but they are.
    I guess that explains the baseball that the head man in the temple was handling. The guys in charge of Lost just don't do closeups on meaningless props.

    I was saving post #1600 hundred for something more significant. Oh, well.
    Do posts at the start of a page often get ignored?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    BTW, I read in another chat that there were 108 questions asked in last night's episode, which is a bit kooky. Also 108 stitches on a baseball. Not sure why the numbers are coming back up, but they are.
    Which is the kooky part? The idea that the writers would include 108 questions in the script or the fact that a viewer counted the number of questions?

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Quote Originally Posted by JG Nothing View Post
    Which is the kooky part? The idea that the writers would include 108 questions in the script or the fact that a viewer counted the number of questions?
    I feel like the writers are overly proud of the little things like that which they include and probably let others know to look for them.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    108 questions? I have more...

    Where does Sawyer get a ring? Dig for diamonds on the island? Steal it? Barter? Poker?

    If involved in a carjacking, do you a) call the cops or b) wait for a bus to Brentwood?

    If your husband leaves you, do you really not call up the woman who is flying from Australia to hand over her baby? Really?

    If Arzt is in front of your car and you could claim that an armed crazy lady forced you to press on the accelerator, wouldn't you run him over just because you could get away with it?

    Left alone on the island, setting traps, being constantly attacked, apparently infected with something that frightens everyone, and living off the land... how does Claire stay so purty?

    If the Lostaways can figure out that the Japanese guy can speak English within 5", is it possible that his own people haven't figured it out in, like, forever? Of course, their forces include armed guards who blithely let Jack through without even warning their leader that an enraged outsider is entering and a guy who has twice been beat by Kate. I don't think Smoky needs to worry about them.

    And what exactly was the point of showing her remove the handcuffs? In TV time, that seemed long...

    More Lostworthy questions are more central: why do the sideways characters seem to almost recognize each other? Why are they sort of different, at least initially, before shifting to what appears to be bland normality? And why is Miles the only person affiliated with the island who has a sense of humor? Hurley is sort-of funny, but Miles gets all the actual wit (which amounts to a sharp remark every 2-3 episodes).

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by JG Nothing View Post
    I suspect that anyone interested in LOST's mythology is going to be disappointed with this season and the ending of the show. It's just a hunch.
    Unfortunately you're probably right. It may just be me, but it seems like whenever I read a good book (anything by Robert Ludlum, Stephen King, John Grisham, etc.) that I am always disappointed with the ending. I have a sickening feeling that after reading/watching the "novel" that is Lost (and about as long as War & Peace x 3) I will be terribly disappointed.

    Go Devils!!!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipsfan View Post
    I feel like the writers are overly proud of the little things like that which they include and probably let others know to look for them.
    I wouldn't be surprised. The attempt by rabid viewers to find meaning in almost every aspect of the show is probably a little intoxicating for the writers.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Quote Originally Posted by HateCarolina View Post
    Unfortunately you're probably right. It may just be me, but it seems like whenever I read a good book (anything by Robert Ludlum, Stephen King, John Grisham, etc.) that I am always disappointed with the ending. I have a sickening feeling that after reading/watching the "novel" that is Lost (and about as long as War & Peace x 3) I will be terribly disappointed.

    Go Devils!!!
    If the show does not provide a satisfying account of the mythology, then I will be disappointed in the creators. The basic mythology could have and should have been worked out in the beginning. Any subsequent developments in the mythology or characters during the course of writing the show could have been made to fit within these original parameters. I was really hoping we would get a quai-scientific account of the island involving dark matter, wormholes, etc. However, I doubt that will be the case.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of sports teams that disappoint in the playoffs
    Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    Where does Sawyer get a ring? Dig for diamonds on the island? Steal it? Barter? Poker?
    I don't find it hard to believe that he asked one of the folks who brought supplies from the mainland to bring him one. I would be interested in knowing how Dharma paid him and if he had to give them a SS number and pay taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    If involved in a carjacking, do you a) call the cops or b) wait for a bus to Brentwood?
    Yup, I cringed when Kate drove back to pick up Claire. That was stupid.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    If your husband leaves you, do you really not call up the woman who is flying from Australia to hand over her baby? Really?
    Agreed, really stupid. Though, maybe her husband just left her in the past 24 hours and she did not have time to call Claire before Claire got on the plane. Still, that was pretty lame and felt like a waste of time.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    If Arzt is in front of your car and you could claim that an armed crazy lady forced you to press on the accelerator, wouldn't you run him over just because you could get away with it?
    Ha!! I think we need to see Artz die in the alt-reality. Should be fun!

    Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    Left alone on the island, setting traps, being constantly attacked, apparently infected with something that frightens everyone, and living off the land... how does Claire stay so purty?
    I wanna know how all the men have 3-5 days of razor stubble no matter how long it has been since they last shaved.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    If the Lostaways can figure out that the Japanese guy can speak English within 5", is it possible that his own people haven't figured it out in, like, forever?
    I think his people know he can speak English, he just does not like to speak it.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    Of course, their forces include armed guards who blithely let Jack through without even warning their leader that an enraged outsider is entering and a guy who has twice been beat by Kate. I don't think Smoky needs to worry about them.
    Well, they knew Jack was unarmed so the odds of him hurting their leader were pretty small. I agree that Smokey is going to pwn them when the time comes.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    And what exactly was the point of showing her remove the handcuffs? In TV time, that seemed long...
    I was sure that car mechanic guy would be someone worth knowing. Ahh well.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    More Lostworthy questions are more central: why do the sideways characters seem to almost recognize each other? Why are they sort of different, at least initially, before shifting to what appears to be bland normality?
    These are significant questions that I think the show will address. Things feel different in the alt timeline for a reason, I think.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    And why is Miles the only person affiliated with the island who has a sense of humor? Hurley is sort-of funny, but Miles gets all the actual wit (which amounts to a sharp remark every 2-3 episodes).
    Love MILES!! I am eager to see him in the alt reality. In fact, he may be the one who recognizes that the alt world is somehow "wrong."

    -Jason
    Don't ask me why, but my mother is making me Tweet. Says it will be good for my career. So, follow my ramblings, mostly on the film industry, @TVFilmTalk

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Jason is excellent with answers.

    The handcuff guy is a bit of a mystery; after all these years, why introduce an interesting new character who we don't meet again? Maybe he'll return and have something to do with breaking off their more metaphysical shackles.

    And I wonder if Miles should be able to tell if someone is sorta dead...

Similar Threads

  1. Lost
    By dcarp23 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-31-2008, 06:22 PM
  2. It's not LOST....
    By Exiled_Devil in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 04:43 PM
  3. Lost fix
    By Exiled_Devil in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 09:41 AM
  4. Should I get Lost again?
    By billybreen in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-05-2007, 04:57 PM
  5. Lost
    By feldspar in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-08-2007, 12:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •