Duke Vs UNC game subject to blackout???

Sorry for making an entire thread for this one question, but I didn't know where else to post it. Anyway, I saw a commercial for the game tomorrow night and couldn't help but notice that it said the game is subject to blackout in acc markets? I live about an hour from Boston so I'm assuming that I'm in an acc market because of BC. So, I'm wondering if I will be able to watch the game on espn without any problems? I appologize if this is a dumb question, I just don't want to miss the game. Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by MADukie20 View Post
    Sorry for making an entire thread for this one question, but I didn't know where else to post it. Anyway, I saw a commercial for the game tomorrow night and couldn't help but notice that it said the game is subject to blackout in acc markets? I live about an hour from Boston so I'm assuming that I'm in an acc market because of BC. So, I'm wondering if I will be able to watch the game on espn without any problems? I appologize if this is a dumb question, I just don't want to miss the game. Go Duke!
    Do you get Raycom telecasts of ACC games in your area?

You'll get either Raycom or ESPN. In North Carolina, we'll get the Raycom coverage (guaranteed to start on time), but most of the rest of the country will get ESPN (Vitale and Shulman).

Check your local listings.

I live just outside of Boston, and we should get the game on ESPN. Also, if you have comcast and for some reason the game doesn't come on TV, you could also check espn360.com for the game. I also agree with the other poster, check the local tv listings.

If the game is blacked out for you on ESPN, it will also be blacked out on ESPN360. 360 would only be really useful if you can't get to a tv or if the early game runs late.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Do you get Raycom telecasts of ACC games in your area?

You'll get either Raycom or ESPN. In North Carolina, we'll get the Raycom coverage (guaranteed to start on time), but most of the rest of the country will get ESPN (Vitale and Shulman).

Check your local listings.
    Thanks, I appreciate it. I do get Raycom telecasts of ACC games in my area, but I think the game will be on ESPN for me. Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

I am on Time Warner in SC. I looked on both channels for tomorrow night, and there is not a game scheduled on Raycom. It is on ESPN with the subject to blackout. Does anyone know where or if Raycom is broadcast in HD on Time Warner Cable?

Quote Originally Posted by dbd4ever View Post
    I am on Time Warner in SC. I looked on both channels for tomorrow night, and there is not a game scheduled on Raycom. It is on ESPN with the subject to blackout. Does anyone know where or if Raycom is broadcast in HD on Time Warner Cable?
    In the RDU area on WRAL.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Vitale and Shulman
    Why did Mike Patrick get dropped from these February Duke-UNC games? He's losing his mind, sure, but he's a classic ACC voice. And I'm not much a fan of Shulman's monotone boringness.

Around 2004 or so, Patrick missed the Carolina game because of the Pro Bowl, and I remember this event recurring several times. That's not the case this year, however, so I was just curious. I'd much rather have Patrick or even Brad Nessler, who has done our mid-season UNC games in the past.

Sean McDonough would be the ideal preference for me of the available ESPN play-by-play men. Great voice, especially for baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by MADukie20 View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate it. I do get Raycom telecasts of ACC games in my area, but I think the game will be on ESPN for me. Thanks for taking the time to help me out.
    From Raycom Sports:

For viewers located OUTSIDE of the Raycom Sports regional “ACC Territory,” you can access this game via ESPN. If you are located inside the ACC Territory, and a local station in your market is NOT carrying our broadcast, then you should be able to view this game on ESPN in your area.
    You may want to double check with your local provider to make sure they understand the rules. I've been screwed by DC's channel 9 in the past, when they had the Raycom rights and ran the CBS programming anyway. DC 20 is carrying it this time.

-jk

Raycom Affiliate List:

http://raycomsports.com/index.php/AC...s-unc-210.html

As for Mike Patrick, it seems that over the past few years with the creation of Saturday Primetime, ESPN has been pushing Vitale and Shulman together as permanent partners (other than during the ACC Tournament).
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa