Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Anyone else notice when they list the five players on the floor for Duke at the bottom of the screen, it often lists Dawkins as one of them. Which of course leads me to get excited until I look at the floor myself and realize that he is in fact not on the floor. They have already tricked me twice. I refuse to fall for this in the second half!

Quote Originally Posted by Cockabeau View Post
    Must we always get Mike Patrick to call Duke games?

And does toss a couple back before he calls our game?
    "Shot clock down to 10, and SCHEYER WITH THE FOUL!"

-Mike Patrick's call of Scheyer's three-point shot

Miles with another foul in the first minute... I continue my advocacy for keeping Miles' minutes the same but starting Z.

Great half on the road though, all things considered. D has been solid, and I'm LOVING the continued emphasis on motion offense. Why did we ever get away from it? It seems like it benefits all of our individual players' offensive games so much, and we look so much more fluid as a team.

Lance has also looked great this half... he's been doing a bit of everything, and doing it all right.

Pretty good first half. We did a good job staying on our discipline - only 7 fouls isn't bad.

Inside play today has been excellent, our guards are driving to the basket well and rebounding has been solid, too.

I know that BC doesn't exactly have the best frontcourt in the ACC, but if we can pull out a win, it should be a conference builder heading into the game against Chapel Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlue08 View Post
    Would it be too much to ask for BC to get an ACC caliber arena. This place is a dump, and and apparently has broken equipment. Remind me again why the ACC expanded....
    To be fair, it is one of the better hockey barns in the league.

Good point on Lance. He's playing well these days. He puts a lot of pressure on the perimeter with his quickness.

I'm enjoying watching JWilliams and Gottlieb crap on Roy Williams.

Thought we played great for 10 1/2 minutes - course that's all the game I saw. I'm thinking Nolan may make 1st team ACC with Scheyer.

Gottlieb

Dougie has apparently learned the word "backloaded" today.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    To be fair, it is one of the better hockey barns in the league.
    Isn't it the ONLY hockey barn in the league? And it's not even in the ACC, really, it's in Hockey East...

10pt half time lead is just fine. We started off terribly from behind the stripe, but i think we hit 3 in a row. Overall the FG shooting is great but terrible FT shooting. Will our bench see meaningful minutes in the second half?

What was up with that obviously intentional foul against Z?

I almost had a stroke over that BS! It was CLEARLY an intentional foul by the BC player as he absolutely threw Z to the ground. Of course Jim Beam, er, I mean Mike Patrick, originally said the refs called goal tending. Um..Mike, that's kinda hard to call when the ball doesn't, you know, actually get up over the cylinder. But anyway...not only should it have been 2 shots and the ball for Duke, we didn't even get the 2 shots!!! WTF!!!

HOW is that NOT a shooting foul?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    "Shot clock down to 10, and SCHEYER WITH THE FOUL!"

-Mike Patrick's call of Scheyer's three-point shot
    mike is losing it...i don't know if anyone else really caught it, but the other night as the game was starting he introduced it as # 9 duke against #19 Wake Forest...

they cut to him and jay in the cameron press booth and jay was about to lose it ...big huge grin on his face and looking at mike like he had just hit the pipe before the game...

hilarious..

The thuggery is getting really old.

Refs need to call fouls before a kid gets hurt.

The ACC is starting to look alot like the Big Ten...

Yes, Zoubek got DDTed. It was obvious. But no call.

Yes, Zoubek got whistled for over-the-back 35 seconds later. No contact, but a whistle.

That's just the way it is, man. BZ gets hosed consistently. I'd like to see him get his money's worth on some fouls though. Makes you feel better when he draws blood, rather than some cheapy on a "moving" screen.

It's really bad

Quote Originally Posted by Cockabeau View Post
    The thuggery is getting really old.

Refs need to call fouls before a kid gets hurt.

The ACC is starting to look alot like the Big Ten...
    That foul against Zoubs was ridiculous and yet the refs didn't call it intentional after watching the replay. I think college basketball really needs to crack down.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlue08 View Post
    Anyone else notice when they list the five players on the floor for Duke at the bottom of the screen, it often lists Dawkins as one of them. Which of course leads me to get excited until I look at the floor myself and realize that he is in fact not on the floor. They have already tricked me twice. I refuse to fall for this in the second half!
    hah, they just did it again!

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    mike is losing it
    I know many of us are laughing when we talk about this, but in all seriousness the guy really is losing it. He needs to go because there's been a substantial drop in his ability to keep things straight over the last couple of years. And he was never that good to begin with. But at this point I almost feel bad for the guy because I think he's going a bit senile.

Has anybody seen the "patent" for the Duke run? I know that over the years, Duke has frequently gone on a scoring streak that has put them ahead, or the game out of the opponent's reach. But isn't the "patented Duke run" really gotten overused?

Looks like we need to avoid a BC run.

Boy, we are playing very poorly right now at the start of the 2nd half. Not getting to lose balls well.

Quote Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
    Isn't it the ONLY hockey barn in the league? And it's not even in the ACC, really, it's in Hockey East...
    Well, there's RBC. Not sure if that counts.

Would be nice to hit a FT. I don't think we've hit one since the game came on