Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 122
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brookline, MA
    First of all, no more weather discussions. Up here in Boston, we're not getting any snow at all, and the team will have no problem getting here today.

    Second, BC is not that good of a team. I expect the game tomorrow to be the same way that the game was when BC played at Cameron: they will hang around in the first half, and then Duke will expand its lead in the second half. The BC crowd will be jacked up for the game, it's probably the biggest home game of the year for them. However, BC is nowhere near as good as they were last year, Tyrese Rice was a huge loss and they haven't found anyone to replace him at the point. They do have a couple of good wing players and some size underneath, but Scheyer and Smith on the outside for us have a huge advantage over whoever BC plays at those positions.

    I've only seen BC play live one time this year, and they were awful against Maryland. In particular, Vazquez was able to dictate the tempo, and BC is not a team that is built to come from behind with the offense that Skinner runs. I'm not trying to sound overconfident, but I just don't think BC has the talent to match up with Duke for 40 minutes, especially if Singler has found his shot and Scheyer and Smith continue to play well.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by arydolphin View Post
    First of all, no more weather discussions. Up here in Boston, we're not getting any snow at all, and the team will have no problem getting here today.

    Second, BC is not that good of a team. I expect the game tomorrow to be the same way that the game was when BC played at Cameron: they will hang around in the first half, and then Duke will expand its lead in the second half. The BC crowd will be jacked up for the game, it's probably the biggest home game of the year for them. However, BC is nowhere near as good as they were last year, Tyrese Rice was a huge loss and they haven't found anyone to replace him at the point. They do have a couple of good wing players and some size underneath, but Scheyer and Smith on the outside for us have a huge advantage over whoever BC plays at those positions.

    I've only seen BC play live one time this year, and they were awful against Maryland. In particular, Vazquez was able to dictate the tempo, and BC is not a team that is built to come from behind with the offense that Skinner runs. I'm not trying to sound overconfident, but I just don't think BC has the talent to match up with Duke for 40 minutes, especially if Singler has found his shot and Scheyer and Smith continue to play well.
    It will take a poor shooting game from our big three and/or a poor defensive effort against BC's flex offense (or a great gameplan from Skinner) for us to lose. Of course, both of those things could happen. Hopefully they will not. If we control the tempo, shoot okay, and don't have defensive lapses, we should win (and probably win comfortably).

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern VA

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by arydolphin View Post
    First of all, no more weather discussions. Up here in Boston, we're not getting any snow at all, and the team will have no problem getting here today.

    Second, BC is not that good of a team.

    I've only seen BC play live one time this year, and they were awful against Maryland. In particular, Vazquez was able to dictate the tempo...
    1) " the team will have no problem getting here today. " AS LONG AS THEY CAN GET OUT OF RDU, and no ATC delays ahead of them!

    2) BC has had some good games, though, and quite a few awful ones. Anyone, even NCSU can step up at one time ... and we all know Duke has a big target on our back. We just haven't proven a lot on the road, which is concerning for our NCAA ambitions....

    3) That (MD) result could just be a match-up issue, but Duke has no similar Vazquez types (6-6, athletic shooters) to "dictate" the same way. Hopefully we find our OWN way! Just hope Kyle, Jon and Nolan are able to finally all shoot well on the road!


    Fingers crossed.


    -BDBD

  4. #24
    I'm just hoping that the snow in the DC area will have abated enough by game time that my DirecTV dish will be able to receive the ESPN signal. Right now I'm only getting local channels and even then I have to knock the snow off the dish every hour or so as the signal starts to breaks up. Curious how the local channels come through more strongly. I've noticed this before when there've been weather disturbances. Can anyone explain why this is?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Inman, SC & Melbourne Beach, FL
    Well, the local channels use a double-twist franistan, while the nationals do not. In other words, I don't have a clue. But, they may be on different satellites. You know, it is possible to buy a heater for your dish to keep snow and ice at bay.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    I am more worried about it being a road game than the short rest. We have to break this funk on the road. I want to see us play well and shoot well at the other guy's place for a change.

    Nolan and Jon seem to never get tired, the bigs have a deep enough rotation that fatigue should never be an issue with them, and that only leaves Kyle who has proven to be the toughest SOB any of us have ever seen. If he can go 40-40-40 in an ACC tourney setting, he can handle this turn around. I mainly just worry about his wrist.

    BC is really not much of a pressing team so that also helps. I feel good about this really, other than the fact we have not proven we can sustain our level of play on the road. But hey, maybe we start a new trend at BC and unx and get a little road winning streak going..

    "[T]he tarnished Tar Heels that bear little resemblance to the revered program built by Dean Smith."- Ashville Times
    "UNC and the NCAA are trying to conceal that the fraud was specifically designed to pad the transcripts of varsity athletes" - Bloomberg

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    Well, the local channels use a double-twist franistan, while the nationals do not. In other words, I don't have a clue. But, they may be on different satellites. You know, it is possible to buy a heater for your dish to keep snow and ice at bay.
    Yeah I know, but then I wouldn't get to lean way out my bathroom window holding on to the very end of the broom handle hoping I don't lose my grip (on the broom as well as the window sill) as I swing it at the satellite dish bolted to the chimney overhead ... and then dodge the dislodged snow. Installing a heater would be way too easy don't you think?!

    It seems I am going to miss Friday Night Lights tonight ... bummer ... so perhaps there will be a dish heater in my future.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The City of Brotherly Love
    Think I'll bump this one to the first page. Everyone must be sleeping in or shoveling snow.

  9. #29
    I must admit I am not thrilled that Duke will playing on one day's rest, and BC has had the week off to prepare. That has to be beneficial for them. Duke had a similiar situation going into the NCSU game. Hopefully, this one will bear out different results. This will be another opportunity for Duke to work on playing quality team defense, and shooting at a reasonable rate on the road.

  10. #30
    The one day off might be ok, we had a excellent shooting touch as a team from 3, getting at least one 3 from 4 guys, and that touch might still be with them. If Kynolon Shmingler are anywhere near as effective in Boston as they were in Cameron then we'll be fine.
    I like what LT has been bringing lately and Z was pretty solid against the bees. I would like for Miles to break out of his funk and post a game at least slightly better than what Mason did vs GT.
    GO DEVILS

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    I like what LT has been bringing lately and Z was pretty solid against the bees. I would like for Miles to break out of his funk and post a game at least slightly better than what Mason did vs GT.
    GO DEVILS
    I was thinking he same thing. I'd love to see our inside players get loose a little bit. I think Kyle shooting better should open things up for them. I hope he can pick up where he left off on Thursday night.

  12. #32
    I think this days to prepare thing is overdone. It obviously has to even out over the course of 16 games ACC schedule in relatively fixed time frame except for a few games that took place on Dec 6 and Dec 20.

    What would you rather have one more day to prepare for BC or one more day than UNC to prepare for the rivalry game?
    Last edited by ACCBBallFan; 02-06-2010 at 11:00 AM.

  13. #33
    live tempo-based stats here...

    http://scacchoops.com/ViewHDGame.asp?hSchedule=3802

    Starters are posted and no surprises for Duke
    Follow SCACCHoops.com on Twitter and Facebook!

    Check out our NCAA Scoreboard featuring live tempo-based stats.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    I'm pretty concerned about this one as well. The last two games our fg% defense has stunk, real...real bad. We're all well aware of our struggles on the road but I think the fact that our defense seems to be struggling (much like it did at this time last year) makes us ripe for yet another upset.

    Hopefully we'll get more lights out shooting from Singler or someone else.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    In the first game, we beat BC on the glass 40-27. We will need another strong rebounding performance today. We are significantly bigger than BC so we should be able to score off offensive rebounds.
    Bob Green
    United States Navy (Retired)
    @JBobGreen

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    tip at 2:10 now...

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sewanee, Tennessee

    Espn360

    starting the game now

  18. #38
    did our game just disappear from 360 for anyone else?

  19. #39
    YES - and now it's on COMMERCIAL BREAK for Mississippi v. I don't care. ARGH

  20. #40

    Miles/Zoubs

    When they call a foul on Miles after 20 secs does it give anyone else deja vu re Zoubs first two years?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 598
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 12:21 AM
  2. MBB: Duke-MD in ACCT Semi-finals pre-game and in-game thread
    By Bob Green in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 06:11 PM
  3. MBB: Duke 66, Boston College 65 (ACC Tournament) Post-Game Thread
    By MulletMan in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 01:26 PM
  4. MBB: Duke-Boston College postgame thread
    By throatybeard in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 294
    Last Post: 02-17-2009, 04:26 PM
  5. Duke MBB v. Barton College - In-Game and Post-Game Thread
    By JBDuke in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 12:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •