Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Boy, we are playing very poorly right now at the start of the 2nd half. Not getting to lose balls well.
    We look tired. This is where I would like to see an underclassman or two come in and give us a boost... I understand sticking with the veteran lineup when they're playing well, but they're not right now.

Edit: Groooannn, well K gave me my wish, Mason just looks kind of nervous...

Thumbs up Devils looking good in Bahhh-stun!

Quote Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
    Isn't it the ONLY hockey barn in the league? And it's not even in the ACC, really, it's in Hockey East...
    The BC stadium, for those who haven't been there, is "cozy" and old. Having been to most of the ACC stadiums, the one that BC reminded me the most of was Cameron. The crowd isn't the same, and of course you have the hockey configuration, but it is fairly small and right on that (relatively compact) campus. If they ever got a tradition going, that place could really rock!

BTW, if anyone cares, BC could arguably be the second best academic school in the ACC (though I'd think UVA and maybe Wake might get a slight edge). Pretty suburban campus, nice area, and great football and hockey traditions.

Duke is looking good. Just gotta keep that defensive pressure up. I don't think BC has the scorers to keep up withy us if we are making our shots in the second half.

God love Gotlieb!! His halftime commentary is going straight to the Carolina bulletin board: "Boy, Jay, did you ever think that the Duke game against Carolina in this league really wouldn't matter... The UNC ineptitude is the story of the league this year, shaping the league..." (then went on to talk about the rear-loaded schedules of MD and Duke and others, with games against Carolina late, in anticipation of a good NC@CH squad).

Hmmm. Thanks Doug!!

z

zoubek is dominating the second half- I will be interested to see the +/- stats. Both Mason and Miles seem to have trouble on the road- Lance and Z are playing much better and Z matches up very well vs. BC.

missing all the FTs is strange. We would be up 13 now if we just shot our average, but 2-8 is terrible.

glad to see someone else see it. Zoub had a dominant few minutes with boards, rebounds, drawing fouls, and making baskets. And i've been as hard on him as anyone

Did I just see the old 1-4 offence?

Great high-low pass from Zoub at the top of the key to Mason down low, decent finish from Mason (he hesitated a bit, but made it work) and then the ball rimmed out. Still, good play. And then Zoub with the bucket a minute later. Nice work. Also, great motion offense all around - we have gotten tons of open jump shots from 10-15 ft.

We cant seem to build a comfortable lead. Guess we're a bit tired and the game is physical enough to be disjointed.

We spread our offense out a bit more to counter the physical play that BC started the 2nd half with. They were pushing us and making us hand the ball off with their over-play. So we seem to have adjusted by getting more spacing.

Nolan looks fantastic today.

Quote Originally Posted by KShip21 View Post
    Would be nice to hit a FT. I don't think we've hit one since the game came on
    At least our 25% FT percentage is matched by BC's 12.5% 3 pt shot percentage. Hopefully, the FT's will start falling as the game goes on..Jon just got 2!

No Andre this game either?

Quote Originally Posted by dukefanbrooklyn View Post
    Doesn't look like it. Poor Dre.

Missed free throws

Quote Originally Posted by dairedevil View Post
    At least our 25% FT percentage is matched by BC's 12.5% 3 pt shot percentage. Hopefully, the FT's will start falling as the game goes on..Jon just got 2!
    Boy oh boy this game shouldn't be close.

Quote Originally Posted by dukefanbrooklyn View Post
    If he was held out for not practicing well, not sure how he could play this game. They haven't practiced again to let him prove his effort.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanAssassin View Post
    Doesn't look like it. Poor Dre.
    Let's not get this conversation started again. I have to trust that Coach K has valid reasons for that decision.

Lance out?

Crap! I had no idea he even had 4 fouls!

We've got to be careful. Lance just fouled out and this game could easily slip away. Had we hit our free throws at our normal clip it'd be over right now. Instead, we have a precarious lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    We've got to be careful. Lance just fouled out and this game could easily slip away. Had we hit our free throws at our normal clip it'd be over right now. Instead, we have a precarious lead.
    This feels like one of those hold-your-breath-til-the-end kinda games...4-point turnaround on the blocked Nolan break...t/o...c'mon, fellas!

Nice that we're hitting some outside shots on the road, and getting the offensive rebounds on the misses.

C',mon Nolan! C'mon, Mason! Be strong at the basket! Finish plays!

Would've liked to have seen some of Dawkins in this game. Oh well. There's still 3 minutes that he can get in there. Can we petition the 4 letter network to NEVER let Elmore & Patrick call any more of our games?? Patrick gets so much stuff wrong I think that he's been drinking and Elmore just holds onto his bias with an iron grip. If I have to hear him say we've gone over the back one more time..........