New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Next Painting Project

Y'all have seen the football paintings I did. For those I wanted to be down on the field and was lucky enough to be allowed. I'm sure getting down to court level at Cameron would be a trickier request, but I'm lucky enough to have gotten tickets to this year's unc game. Thanks, Dad! (Unfortunately he is unable to go, so he gave me his tickets)

So my next project is going to be creating paintings from that game experience. I will do a few of the players, but also I want to do one or two of the crowded concourse in Cameron. I've got tons of ideas, so I'll be taking a ton of photos. Anyways..to warm up, so to speak, I've done this painting from a photo I took of Nolan at the Pfeiffer game. I'll post updates as the paintings are each finished. (Sigh..still gotta wait a whole month)
    NolanSmall.jpg
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    ...but I'm lucky enough to have gotten tickets to this year's unc game. Thanks, Dad! (Unfortunately he is unable to go, so he gave me his tickets).
    Those are some great seats, thanks to you, I know first hand! Oh, and I'm looking forward to seeing the paintings.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Y'all have seen the football paintings I did. For those I wanted to be down on the field and was lucky enough to be allowed. I'm sure getting down to court level at Cameron would be a trickier request, but I'm lucky enough to have gotten tickets to this year's unc game. Thanks, Dad! (Unfortunately he is unable to go, so he gave me his tickets)

So my next project is going to be creating paintings from that game experience. I will do a few of the players, but also I want to do one or two of the crowded concourse in Cameron. I've got tons of ideas, so I'll be taking a ton of photos. Anyways..to warm up, so to speak, I've done this painting from a photo I took of Nolan at the Pfeiffer game. I'll post updates as the paintings are each finished. (Sigh..still gotta wait a whole month)
    NolanSmall.jpg
    That is a great painting of Nolan. Do you have a gallery or studio where you sell or display these?

Yeah, do you sell these somewhere? I am sure you would have some serious interest.

He has a website: http://www.wagnerwatercolor.com/

He is going to have some paintings in a show starting next weekend. I don't remember the details right now but info is probably on his website.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisheery View Post
    Yeah, do you sell these somewhere? I am sure you would have some serious interest.
    I have paintings hanging in a Morehead City gallery, Arts-n-Things, but they don't have any of my sports paintings. They do make my prints though, and those will be available through them. Otherwise, everything is on my website, www.wagnerwatercolor.com. Any basketball paintings won't be available until after the season because
    1. I haven't painted them yet.
    2. I need to get prints made. The prints are all signed and numbered, and of course much cheaper than the originals. I sent 3 football prints to the sports info office, Dr. White, and Coach Cut and got some very nice thank you notes back. I'm guessing K will be getting something in the mail later this year.
    One of the football paintings is being shown next week in a juried show in Morehead City, and the judge is a Durham artist. I'm hoping he's a Duke fan! That show is free to the public, the opening is Friday the 12th.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Smile

Nice work! Can't wait to see more Blue Devil paintings.

Ever done any in Duke Gardens? If you do, I'd like to take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisheery View Post
    Ever done any in Duke Gardens?
    I have and I've got more upcoming. The magnolia painting on my front page is from DG..but I sold it long ago. That has always been a favorite.