I'm getting my coffee at Weaver Street market this morning, just like every other morning. I go to get in line, and each line is looooong. Not a big deal. I get in line and the woman in front of me notices that all I have is coffee. She has a cart full of groceries, and two cute kids, and says, "All you have is coffee? - please get in front of me". I say thanks and I do so (I do the same thing there for other folks frequently - it is pretty much the norm at WSM).

Then the person in front of me finishes their order and the total is something over $200 for a very few groceries. There obviously was a probelm with the transaction and it seems it will be a while longer as the cashier tries to find out the problem. Not a huge concern to me, I'm under no real time pressure. But then I hear the woman behind me say to the cashier, "This guy in front of me is going to go ahead and leave - I'll be paying for his coffee." I turn around to look at her and she says, "I just made up a new holiday - today is national do something nice for somebody day". I smiled, said "thank you so much", and went on upstairs to work.

A small coffee at WSM is $1.63. She and I (and I think her kids as well) got way more what-a-great-way-to-start-the-day value than that. It was a real bargain.

So, do something nice for somebody today.