Winter x games cancelled !!

Breaking News: THE 2010 WINTER X GAMES WERE CANCELLED LATE THIS EVENING WHEN THE CITY OF ASPEN COLORADO RAN OUT OF THE WORD "DUDE !"

Film at 11

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    Breaking News: THE 2010 WINTER X GAMES WERE CANCELLED LATE THIS EVENING WHEN THE CITY OF ASPEN COLORADO RAN OUT OF THE WORD "DUDE !"

Film at 11
    They could reactivate the games by going through a year's worth of your posts and extracting the 'dude's; they would have more than enough.

One could only hope!

I know it's strictly my personal opinion, but I find no entertainment value in any of the X-Games. Mehhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by YourLandlord View Post
    They could reactivate the games by going through a year's worth of your posts and extracting the 'dude's; they would have more than enough.
    dood...i had already sent them some of my "special reserve" stash...

I don't get it.

Yesterday, 10:36 PM
    dukefanbrooklyn
    Doug Kistler

Quote Originally Posted by dukefanbrooklyn View Post
    I don't get it.
    That is because you are currently Doug and not Dude.

Maybe they can replace "dude" with "whoa"

This thread is gonna get some serious amplitude!!

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post

Film at 11
    No worries, dude. They are transporting a shipment over from Colorado Springs. Since they have little substance or weight, and are generally given without thought or care, it isn't expensive.

They did have to postpone the events, but didn't even have to notify the participants or spectators. They just told them to "chillax" for a bit.

Anyone who claims the X gamers aren't athletes probably thinks gymnasts aren't athletes.

Watching the half-pipe I was astounded at the guys shooting 23' above the TOP of the pipe (about 40' above the bottom of the pipe) or whirling 540° with 2 flips and hitting a landing target about a foot wide and on a 80° slope. Amazing.

Sure, many of the competitors would lose a battle wits with the falling snow, but many are quite articulate.

My objection is that it is so damn dangerous, and the Xgames glorify the stunts so much that normal kids try stunts that common sense should immediately veto. Going off a 30' jump on a snowmobile is ill advised. Deciding to pull that snowmobile over top of you in mid air to perform a back flip is insane.

i am TOTALY in awe of some of the stuff those x-gamers do...and i try my best to convince my kids we DONT need a SNOW half pipe....

shaun white looked like he had broken his neck when he hit the side of it...omg... !!

oh... yeah...

DOOD !
    Last edited by moonpie23; 01-30-2010 at 06:51 PM. Reason: forgot "dood"

The X games allow us all to brush up on our multiples of 180. I think the highest one I heard was a 1620.