Curling iPhone game (shameless self promotion)

A couple of friends and I have been working on an iPhone game as a side project, and it was just approved by Apple today (1/21). It's a spoof of the movie Cool Runnings, but about a fictional Jamaican Curling team. We didn't want to risk any trademark/copyright issues so we decided to stay away from anything Olympics related, but essentially you get to compete play the game of curling against world powers such as Canada, the U.S., Vatican City, and Easter Island (we are hoping to add more teams soon). The game is called Cool Curlings.

We have a free "lite" version, and the full version is currently priced at $1.99. We are participating in appRelief, and 100% of profits from January 21-27 (first week of the app) will be donated to the Red Cross for Haitian earthquake relief.

Home page
    Full version and "Lite" version (ad supported, limited functionality)

I realize some parts are rough around the edges - and would gladly welcome any feedback you may have, positive or (preferrably) negative, so that we can make the game better. Hopefully I didn't cause too much bad karma by calling DBR's app useless when it first came out... That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    We didn't want to risk any trademark/copyright issues so we decided to stay away from anything Olympics related
    You may be off the IOC's radar, but I'm not so sure you're off Disney's with that theme.

Anyway, this makes me want to go out and get an i-telephone. Nothing beats the thrill of having shot rock in the home end.

*laugh* AWESOME idea for a game! If I had an iphone I would totally buy it!

Not to mention it's part of App Relief. Proceeds are donated to the Haitian Relief effort. Downloading the full version now. :-)

Congrats on the game - that's awesome that you're now a published game author!

Just downloaded 'lite' to give it a trial run. I typically don't purchase games, but given the curling and your DBR connection, I am very tempted. We'll see how much it prevents me from cleaning hte kitchen this afternoon.

Thanks everyone (I swear this is the last and only time I bump this thread!)

Some first week stats:
    * about 7,000 downloads (but we only logged 4000 users - people playing w/o internet don't get logged)
    * mostly free downloads
    * average of 3.1 stars (about what I expected due to rushing it out the door towards the end :-/)
    * I don't have the exact number but we raised about $250 that will go to the American Red Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    Thanks everyone (I swear this is the last and only time I bump this thread!)

Some first week stats:
    * about 7,000 downloads (but we only logged 4000 users - people playing w/o internet don't get logged)
    * mostly free downloads
    * average of 3.1 stars (about what I expected due to rushing it out the door towards the end :-/)
    * I don't have the exact number but we raised about $250 that will go to the American Red Cross.
    Awesome work! I'm glad to have the full version and I'm addicted. I suck, but I'm addicted.