Quote Originally Posted by trinity92 View Post
Over and over, I saw an inside player post up, call for the ball, and when the ball didn't come, the inside player came out and screened for the big 3. Very rarely did our big, after rolling from the screen, get the ball back for an inside shot attempt.
I hear you on this. I really don't like when I see a guard not make a focused effort to feed the ball inside when the post has position, choosing instead to wait until he stops posting and gives in to just coming out and setting a ball screen for the guard. That's not great offense, and to me it comes off as a little selfish. I realize the big 3 are "The Big 3", but I really don't like the mindset of playing 3 on 5 with 2 bigs being used solely as obstacles for our guards to dribble around... and I can't imagine it's great for the psyche of our big guys and the overall team dynamic. Look at Zoubek - he has a perfectly good turnaround jump hook, but he doesn't even think about using it anymore... even when he gets the ball in good position.

Miles and Mason have a long way to go, which is the main reason for their lack of production... but by the same token, you could plug Patterson or Monroe into the current "big guy" role in our offense and they wouldn't be doing much either. Every once in a while, I would like our bigs to be allowed to focus on getting themselves open and getting open looks, rather than doing that solely for our guards.

Sorry if that sounded gloomy.