Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by 77devil View Post
    Let me refresh your memory with a couple of selected quotes from a plethora of choices. Seems like whining to me.

From Charlotte Observer 1/18/2010

"It's the most unsettled team I've had, just the nagging injuries, and taking people out of games,'' Williams said. "The last three years, we've had more injuries than any other five or six years that I've ever had as a coach. So lineup changes have been a lot, just because of that right there."

From ESPN 2/20/2009

"It's not like I'm getting a dadgum plane and flying it around to say, 'Roy fell against a wall and banged his nose' or anything," Williams said in a news conference. "We have to do those things [talk about injuries] and everybody's hurt. But there's different stages of being hurt.

"If you're hurt and missing games, that's not exactly like having a hangnail. And so we do have some people that are getting hurt and missing games. I don't think that somebody should say we're putting it in front of the public."

Lexus Nexis and the internet are wonderful things.
    See here is the problem, you are letting the facts get in the way! Roy doesn't make mistakes, anyone over on the hill can tell you that. Heck even when he calls Devon Roe a liar in his book for changing his mind and going to MSU vice UNC, Roy was doing the college basketball world a "favor" by exposing the dark and ugly side of recruiting. He most certainly was not whining, or protecting his ego, or anything as daggum common as that! So when he "has" to talk about injuries, well, daggum it, he has to!

At the game in Durham, I hope there is someone dressed as a minister, Presbyterian would be best but don't know which black robe that would be , behind the basket. Occasionally, this should be the only one standing during a unc free throw to say "Deon (or whichever player), miss it." If it could be THE Presbyterian guy, that would be even better.