Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    He will find a way to score 20+ points in free throws.

Quote Originally Posted by fgb View Post
    they should retire the jersey of the chapel hill officer who gave lawson the dwi.
    Honor it, at least. He certainly did more for UNC basketball than Brendan Haywood ever did.

decades

Quote Originally Posted by shoutingncu View Post
    This is the only time-frame that Duke leads. The 2000's were the first decade Duke ever won head-to-head.
    Buzzzz ... thanks for playing.

Duke also won the 1930s (12-10), the 1960s (14-13) ... and the 1950s were dead even (14-14).

Wheat, you're a good man and a good fisherman and all...

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    If Hansbrough is anywhere in the building, the odds just went up on a UNC win.
    ...that stuff, but dude, we are going to be super-stoked for that game over there. You DO know that, right? And, Dukies get to channel Shane Battier for that game, so you guys are doubly-hosed.

dth.
    Last edited by dukestheheat; 01-27-2010 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Buzzzz ... thanks for playing.

Duke also won the 1930s (12-10), the 1960s (14-13) ... and the 1950s were dead even (14-14).
    Wow, I completely mis-remembered reading the decades thing in Blue Blood. I could have sworn at the time it was written during the decade, the numbers were already locked in Duke's favor and it was notable as a first.

I was, indeed, wrong.

As penance...

Good luck tonight versus the 'Noles.

Talking Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meeeeeeeeep!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Mojo View Post
    Are you sure it would be a shout and not a series of meeps?
    Thanks Mojo! Serious LOL!!!
    'probably would be his reaction if G. Henderson did in fact show up at the game!

If Hansbrough is anywhere in the building, the odds just went up on a UNC win.
    Well, Wheat, the only thing that goes up with him there would be the likelihood North Carolina at Chapel Hill starting the game with a 7-foul-call advantage over the guys in the non-wimpy shade of blue unis. Personally, I really like the idea of this to put even extra pressure on the current, already-overachieving bunch of heels.

Should be a really enjoyable game. And Duke's win will take University of Chapel Hill under .500 for games there against Duke while TH is in the house...

Absolutely looking forward to it.

I doubt there was much targeting of the Duke game when UNC set this up. It probably had more to do with Hansbrough's NBA schedule matching up with a UNC game. Of course, if they had known he was going to have an inner ear infection they could have picked from a number of games. That infection thing side lining him reminds me of the way the germs took down the Martians in War of the Worlds.

Do we have any ninjas who read this board? It would be the most epic prank ever if when they pull the cord to drop his number from the rafters, it's on a referee shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilWolf View Post
    Do we have any ninjas who read this board? It would be the most epic prank ever if when they pull the cord to drop his number from the rafters, it's on a referee shirt.
    I'm almost willing to risk going to jail to do this. Let me brush up my tightroping skills.

Quote Originally Posted by -bdbd View Post
    Well, Wheat, the only thing that goes up with him there would be the likelihood North Carolina at Chapel Hill starting the game with a 7-foul-call advantage over the guys in the non-wimpy shade of blue unis. Personally, I really like the idea of this to put even extra pressure on the current, already-overachieving bunch of heels.

Should be a really enjoyable game. And Duke's win will take University of Chapel Hill under .500 for games there against Duke while TH is in the house...

Absolutely looking forward to it.
    I'm looking forward to it too.

After all the trash talk around here, a victory this year will be extra sweet.

And I've got to say it...all the continued whining about the refs and HansheOwnedU is pretty funny. I can't think of anything in college hoops that makes a fan look worse more than crying about the refs...time after time after time... (Whining about injuries come in a close second...Hey, it's a team game!).
    It's OK in my mind to point out a particular play/call, but it's pretty rare that an entire game, much less a career, is decided by the refs.
    Teams have to adjust to the play the refs are calling, it's part of the game.

(Ex: Duke's win against Wake this season. That was a poorly called game, terrible, everybody should have fouled out, but I was impressed that Duke made the adjustment and played tougher and took the game from Wake.)

I could cry all day about all the moving screens that Duke sets, and the push offs, and the shoulder bumps to create space with the dribble, and the defensive hand checks, and...

Oops! Excuse me, I need a tissue...

I'm looking forward to it too.

After all the trash talk around here, a victory this year will be extra sweet.

And I've got to say it...all the continued whining about the refs and HansheOwnedU is pretty funny. I can't think of anything in college hoops that makes a fan look worse more than crying about the refs...time after time after time... (Whining about injuries come in a close second...Hey, it's a team game!).
    It's OK in my mind to point out a particular play/call, but it's pretty rare that an entire game, much less a career, is decided by the refs.
    Teams have to adjust to the play the refs are calling, it's part of the game.

(Ex: Duke's win against Wake this season. That was a poorly called game, terrible, everybody should have fouled out, but I was impressed that Duke made the adjustment and played tougher and took the game from Wake.)

I could cry all day about all the moving screens that Duke sets, and the push offs, and the shoulder bumps to create space with the dribble, and the defensive hand checks, and...

Oops! Excuse me, I need a tissue...
    She?

I just heard a clip from Roy's show this week where he addressed the reaction to him comments about having more desire, etc. in his pinkie finger than all Carolina fans.

He started crying. Have y'all heard this? They just played in on WFNZ in Charlotte.

... And I've got to say it...all the continued whining about the refs and HansheOwnedU is pretty funny. I can't think of anything in college hoops that makes a fan look worse more than crying about the refs...time after time after time... (Whining about injuries come in a close second...Hey, it's a team game!). ...

...Oops! Excuse me, I need a tissue...
    Come on Wheat, you have been a straigh shooter in your time here, you won't admit that Sir Walksalot, I mean Hanstravel, shuffled his feet more and got called for travelling less than any player in the history of college basketball?

For goodness sake, he travels so much that a minor inner ear infection is completely disabling. By the third or fourth step, he loses his balance, at least one or two steps before he goes into the approach for his shot!

"Whining about injuries" - Great stuff. Many will not appreciate your sense of humor, but the self-deprecating nature is unmistakable. It must be tough to root for ol' roy and his constant whining about the littlest of injuries to players who then play. Humor is a cathartic way of coping.

For what it is worth, I agree with you, the time spent obsessing about Hanswhoever only reinforces his success against Duke. Let's move on. The dog had its day. Now let's get back to beating the flea-bitten I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this..

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

"Whining about injuries" - Great stuff. Many will not appreciate your sense of humor, but the self-deprecating nature is unmistakable. It must be tough to root for ol' roy and his constant whining about the littlest of injuries to players who then play...
    Actually, I haven't heard 'Ol Roy whine about the teams injuries, I've only heard him challenge the team to step up.

Granted, I have heard many UNC fans whine about the injuries, and they are the ones I was thinking about.

I hope you guys realize just how fragile your Duke team is, from a potential injury standpoint. If you had to deal with the injuries to your key players like the Heels have this season which have forced players to the bench, I'd think the tone of the board would be a little different this season, and Duke's W/L record too... Singler is lucky he did not get hurt more than he did in that Wake game, and to his credit he is playing through it.

Sit any of Dukes big three and this team is likely to struggle, big time.

Injuries are part of the game/season, and teams have to deal with them if they want to win. Aknowledging them to understand a teams W/L record is one thing, but it's lame to use them as an excuse and cry "woe is my team".

Does anybody know why TH's mom and dad don't go to Ben's games at Notre Dame?! They didn't miss a game when Tyler was at UNC (or at least the televised ones). However, I have yet to see them at a Notre Dame game (or at least the televised ones). Reasons?!

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueNikeShox View Post
    Does anybody know why TH's mom and dad don't go to Ben's games at Notre Dame?! They didn't miss a game when Tyler was at UNC (or at least the televised ones). However, I have yet to see them at a Notre Dame game (or at least the televised ones). Reasons?!
    Interesting that Tyler doesn't go to his brother's games either. He is pretty close. Maybe all that bench warming is wearing him out.

Injuries wheat?

Wheat - you are a good guy, but it sounds like you are complaining about injuries. What about us losing EWill? I'd say that loss had a greater impact on our team than any "injury" to the boys in baby blue. Mason's wrist injury cost us our starting center. He's still not back to where he was in pre-season. Singler is playing thru injury, and I believe Mason is still feeling the ill effects of that hard foul from Ish where he was down for 5 minutes. I would say that Duke's losses this year are equal to if not greater than UNC's. Every team can whine if it chooses to. We've done a better job of compensating for our losses - our experience helps.

And you haven't heard Roy complain about injuries? What did he do all last year, especially regarding Ty's big toe.

Bit of an odd post?

Actually, I haven't heard 'Ol Roy whine about the teams injuries, I've only heard him challenge the team to step up.

Granted, I have heard many UNC fans whine about the injuries, and they are the ones I was thinking about.

I hope you guys realize just how fragile your Duke team is, from a potential injury standpoint. If you had to deal with the injuries to your key players like the Heels have this season which have forced players to the bench, I'd think the tone of the board would be a little different this season, and Duke's W/L record too... Singler is lucky he did not get hurt more than he did in that Wake game, and to his credit he is playing through it.

Sit any of Dukes big three and this team is likely to struggle, big time.

Injuries are part of the game/season, and teams have to deal with them if they want to win. Aknowledging them to understand a teams W/L record is one thing, but it's lame to use them as an excuse and cry "woe is my team".
    Every team is fragile from an injury standpoint if one of their best players gets hurt. Yes, EW,S are a huge part of our team, so an injury to one of them may have an even bigger impact for us. But after your discussion about not whining, it sounds like you are very close to whining about Duke not having an injury to EW,S.
    Fortunately, there is a lot of room between Duke and UNC's record this year, so it would take an awful lot of injuries to make their records comparable.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    Every team is fragile from an injury standpoint if one of their best players gets hurt. Yes, EW,S are a huge part of our team, so an injury to one of them may have an even bigger impact for us. But after your discussion about not whining, it sounds like you are very close to whining about Duke not having an injury to EW,S.
    Fortunately, there is a lot of room between Duke and UNC's record this year, so it would take an awful lot of injuries to make their records comparable.
    Yeh Wheat, if Lance doesn't play against G-Town it's your fault. Go Duke!

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Let me refresh your memory with a couple of selected quotes from a plethora of choices. Seems like whining to me.

From Charlotte Observer 1/18/2010

"It's the most unsettled team I've had, just the nagging injuries, and taking people out of games,'' Williams said. "The last three years, we've had more injuries than any other five or six years that I've ever had as a coach. So lineup changes have been a lot, just because of that right there."

From ESPN 2/20/2009

"It's not like I'm getting a dadgum plane and flying it around to say, 'Roy fell against a wall and banged his nose' or anything," Williams said in a news conference. "We have to do those things [talk about injuries] and everybody's hurt. But there's different stages of being hurt.

"If you're hurt and missing games, that's not exactly like having a hangnail. And so we do have some people that are getting hurt and missing games. I don't think that somebody should say we're putting it in front of the public."

Lexus Nexis and the internet are wonderful things.
    Last edited by 77devil; 01-29-2010 at 10:54 PM.