Since when did "we" start pulling for State and the ACC?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...rce=newsletter

First read the Bleacher Report article link above and then answer these questions for me (I'm dumbfounded), "isn't this an insane perspective for any Duke fan to have? and "is there anyone out there that doesn't realize that we could have pulled away from UNC Wednesday, but failed miserably in doing so? and "when you have an opponent down it's never wise to let them get back on their feet? If UNC had lost the last 100 games in a row, would we care?" No!

Yea, let's cheer for State ;-( NOT! I'm all for sportsmanship as long as we win!

The dumbest thing about that article is the premise that since NC State scored an upset over Duke playing at home, this somehow means they are back as a power in the ACC. If anyone believes that all they need to do is watch Sat's game at Maryland to be cured of such silliness.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlue08 View Post
    If anyone believes that all they need to do is watch Sat's game at Maryland to be cured of such silliness.
    Seconded and passed. Sheesh!

Obviously the loss isn't good for Duke, that is self-evident. But unless the wolfies are playing aginst Duke I alwasy root for them. Partly because I like them and partly because we share a common enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by allenmurray View Post
    But unless the wolfies are playing aginst Duke I alwasy root for them. Partly because I like them and partly because we share a common enemy.
    +1 agree

Proves nothing

The win against Duke proves nothing unless the Pack can hold their own against the unc Tar Heels and Wake. I agree the Wolfpack used to be right up there with the Devils and Tar Heels, but they have fallen on hard times in head to head match ups. Maybe this win will give them the confidence they need to get back to repectability. I guess we'll know after their game with the Twerps. Go Duke!

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuzbad View Post
    +1 agree
    Same here. I hate losing to the wolfpups and I hated the loss Wed night, but I too pull for them anytime they are not playing Duke. The ACC needs them to be a top 20 team. Until the ACC can get 5 or 6 teams consistently in the top 20 we are going to be seen as 2nd rate compared to the Big East. And I for one think that State needs to be one of those 5 or 6 teams.

One of the best years ever in the ACC was the 1986 season. Duke, UNC-Ch, and Ga Tech stayed in the top 5 practically the entire year. Duke only lost 2 regular season games, 1 in the first game ever in the nosedome, and the other at Ga Tech. They beat Tech in the ACC Finals. It was a great year for the league and for Duke. Having the ACC so strong only served to help Duke.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Raised in the triangle, I have no problem pulling for state and always will as long they aren't playing Duke.
    Also..reading anything from Bleacherreport will put holes in your brain.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

being from nc, my cousins and uncle went to state, my dad likes them... i don't particularly care either way. i want duke to win EVERY game... if state wins... nice, if not... so what.. they've been down most of the last 20 years... DUKE wins and 'hole losses are what i like

my TEAM is Duke. Duke is in the ACC, but I personally don't care for this "It's good for the ACC" stuff. When the tournament starts, I don't do a bracket because i pick the team against unc in the first round to win. I want Duke to be on top with their collective foot on the collective throat of the rest of the conference
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

I always root for State (unless they play Duke or unless their losing somehow helps Duke). After all, State fans are the only people who hate the Holes as much as I do and for that I will always be grateful to them.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    I always root for State (unless they play Duke or unless their losing somehow helps Duke). After all, State fans are the only people who hate the Holes as much as I do and for that I will always be grateful to them.
    Of course, they hate us almost as much as they hate the holes.

Pulling for them when they are playing UNC, or when their winning helps us. Other than that, I'll pass thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie is still king View Post
    Of course, they hate us almost as much as they hate the holes.
    I think you underestimate State. And the holes.