Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Per Coach K, as with later tenting.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    As for Teddy Valentine, get off his case. Yeah, he goes over the top in his histrionics, but if you were paying attention Sunday night, he was the only ref giving Duke a fair break early -- Ray Natilli and Joe Lindsay were screwing us.
    I for one am a fan of Teddy V he's always entertaining.

Of course, I liked when John Cheney would visit too
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

Why can't we screen the anthem singers. She was awful. The man a couple of games ago was the BEST. Maybe he should sing it on a permanent basis.

how about just let the pep band play it and the crowd can sing it if they wish. I sing it to myself and think about my grandfather looking at the flag anyway and it's harder when there's a warbler that takes long/off breaks
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    I wish somebody would have come up with something clever when K put Jordan Davidson in the game late in the first half -- something to remind the Deacs of his brother Patrick, a walk-on who holds an inflated place in the hearts of Wake's Duke haters -- in Deac minds, Patrick's "mugging" of Chris Paul is on the same level as what Kentuckians feel about Christian Laettner's "stomp" on Aminu Timberlake. It would have been great to hear something about that -- although I confess I can't think of anything clever ...
    I too had the same excited thought upon seeing Jordan enter the game. In fact, I was really hoping that he'd foul Ish Smith just so the Wake fans would go bat-poo crazy. A chant of "Run Ish Run!" or something of that nature could have been hilarious.

But here's the thing... the Chris Paul v. Patrick Davidson incident happened in the Spring of 2005. Even the oldest current Duke undergrad now was merely a high school senior at that point. Few people outside of Duke and Wake remember the legendary mauling of Chris Paul by the mighty Jordan Davidson. The current crop has little recollection of that event or its significance.
    WWJDD?

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
    I too had the same excited thought upon seeing Jordan enter the game. In fact, I was really hoping that he'd foul Ish Smith just so the Wake fans would go bat-poo crazy. A chant of "Run Ish Run!" or something of that nature could have been hilarious.

But here's the thing... the Chris Paul v. Patrick Davidson incident happened in the Spring of 2005. Even the oldest current Duke undergrad now was merely a high school senior at that point. Few people outside of Duke and Wake remember the legendary mauling of Chris Paul by the mighty Jordan Davidson. The current crop has little recollection of that event or its significance.
    Duke - Wake mauling or brawls go back a long way. The early sixties with Lenny Chappell at Wake and Art Heyman at Duke produced some heavy handed incidents rarely matched since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    Why can't we screen the anthem singers. She was awful. The man a couple of games ago was the BEST. Maybe he should sing it on a permanent basis.
    How about the guy with the harmonica? That blew me away.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Most of the crazies didn't even know...hence the need for the return of dirt sheets
    Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by 91_92_01 View Post
    How about the guy with the harmonica? That blew me away.
    Um, no. Make that HELL NO!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Um, no. Make that HELL NO!
    Really?!? A guy with a disability gets up and plays a moving interpretation of the anthem, and that's how you reacted?

To each his own, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by 91_92_01 View Post
    Really?!? A guy with a disability gets up and plays a moving interpretation of the anthem, and that's how you reacted?

To each his own, I guess.
    What does the disability have to do with the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    What issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    You know what, you are absolutely right. I should have never have said that. By the time I thought to edit, it was too late, or else I don't know how to edit on this board. Just a moment of idiocy on my part. One of many, I'm afraid.

Actually, truth be known, I was completely moved by his rendition of the national anthem and didn't realize until later that he had a disability. It has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand. I apologize if I offended anyone.