Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

MBB: Wake Forest 82, UNC-CH 69

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    Davis goes for 25 and 15, easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Davis goes for 25 and 15, easy.
    ?? Davis ?? Not following you on this one. Are you saying that if Davis were to play he would go for 25 and 15?

Hey! Another ankle sprain over at UNC, I'm telling you it is the SHOES!!

I'm skeptical

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    Until Ty Lawson decided that his future NBA career was more important than some middle-of-the-season conference tilt, I have never seen a UNC player be declared questionable before a game and not actually play at darn close to full strength in said game. Anyone remember Antawn Jamison being unlikely to play before the 98 ACC final then killing us in the game?

I'd love for Ol Roy to have as few healthy players as possible but this seems like the old "injured player comes through with a huge game bit" that UNC has been pulling for years.

Yes, old UNC trick

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    ?? Davis ?? Not following you on this one. Are you saying that if Davis were to play he would go for 25 and 15?

Hey! Another ankle sprain over at UNC, I'm telling you it is the SHOES!!
    Probably 25/15 in the first half.

Yes, except that I fully expect Davis to play.

Maybe he will do the James Brown thing and Roy will have to cover him with a cape.

And these Willis Reed moments always happen for a big UNC home game. I'll believe he's injured when he misses a game.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Maybe he will do the James Brown thing and Roy will have to cover him with a cape.
    I can't wait to see him do the splits and pop back up. Get up-ah, Get on up!
    “Turning down the Lakers was tough, but it is always good to renew your vows to the loves of your life.”
    -Coach K

They would have lost even with "Take it Easy" Ed Davis.

Now they have an excuse...

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Yes, except that I fully expect Davis to play.
    OK, Sorry for being so obtuse, now I see what you are saying... the old "tarheel special" where a player comes off his death bed to save the day...

But, I doubt Ed Davis will score 25 and have 15 boards against Wake. He will be lucky to escape with all of his appendages, and poor stickman Henson better not even venture within 15 feet of the lane, he will get snapped like a twig!

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post

Now they have an excuse...
    "Easy" Ed Davis, I like it!

"Easy" Ed Davis, I like it!
    He wrote it himself.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/g...nd-size-121909

It got so ugly that Pittman said North Carolina’s long and talented sophomore, big man Ed Davis, asked him at one point late in the game if he could take it easy on them in the paint.

"He asked me why we’re so strong?” Pittman said. "I told him it’s Texas. This is Big 12, bro.”

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    I've been meaning to ask the board's opinion on this, but didn't want to start a new thread on Ed Davis.

Draft Express currently has him going 4th. I'm not sure how often they update, and I know the draft is based on potential... but it's my opinion that Davis is doing himself no favors this season.

What is the likelihood he slips from the lottery if his play continues to be, uh, soft? Is it possible he goes all the way to the second round?

Obviously, I have selfish reasons for wishing this, hoping he comes back next year, and I realize he can turn it around before the end of the season, but I was just looking for some general opinion on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by shoutingncu View Post
    Draft Express currently has him going 4th. I'm not sure how often they update, and I know the draft is based on potential... but it's my opinion that Davis is doing himself no favors this season.
    Errr um... This being a Duke board and all, I'm for whatever causes the Tar Heel faithful the most pain.

If he turns out to be gr8, I hope he leaves as soon as possible. If he turns out to be a bust, may he eat a scholly for the next 3 yrs.

but thats just me..

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    If he turns out to be a bust, may he eat a scholly for the next 3 yrs.
    Well, he's currently averaging 14.7 points and 9.8 rebounds per game. So I think the matter is pretty much settled.

I've been meaning to ask the board's opinion on this, but didn't want to start a new thread on Ed Davis.

What is the likelihood he slips from the lottery if his play continues to be, uh, soft? Is it possible he goes all the way to the second round?

Obviously, I have selfish reasons for wishing this, hoping he comes back next year, and I realize he can turn it around before the end of the season, but I was just looking for some general opinion on the matter.
    My opinion is that his stock will likely slip some, but I doubt he will fall out of the top 10 barring injury. Looking very good because the defense is focusing on 2 or 3 other guys before you will boost your stock. When defenses can focus on you and expose some potential weaknesses you don't look quite so good. But I think Ed Davis does have too much length, skills and that "magic" potential to fall very far.

However, that doesn't mean he wouldn't come back. He came back last year when he was a pretty sure top 10 pick, so who knows. As a Duke fan, I wish him all the cars and bling that a lottery contract can buy.

Seriously, if Shav and McRoberts can try it Davis can too.

Sorry, but the guy has twice the talent those two have.

Quote Originally Posted by dukeimac View Post
    Seriously, if Shav and McRoberts can try it Davis can too.

Sorry, but the guy has twice the talent those two have.
    Still, this shows how much of UNC's recent success has less to do with systems and recruiting tactics more to with just plain luck. Getting ten seasons out of three top 10 recruits (Hansbrough, Lawson and Ellington) at the same time? That just doesn't happen.

Assuming the rest of the season goes the same as the season so far, I don't think he'll go 4th, but I still think he'll be a lottery pick and I would be absolutely shocked if he dropped into the second round.